Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Big Flow Exhaust LT Headers.... Anyone running these yet?

Looks like a new Camaro Header is on the market (B.F.E.)... 304 Stainless and polished...

http://www.bigflowexhaust.com/camaro_2010_exhaust.shtml

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with these yet? ...they look pretty cool to me...

Attached Images

Old 10-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
never once i have hear somebody talk about them here
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
Fleet1
Pres. H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Corvette & Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Looks like a new Camaro Header is on the market (B.F.E.)... 304 Stainless and polished...

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with these yet? ...they look pretty cool to me...

Nice!! I may have to get a set for one of my in stock cars. Show and go.
Fleet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Their stock run is one of the worst i've ever seen. 300/277 shows something's wrong. They do look very nice though.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
never once i have hear somebody talk about them here
Same here... we had a Dyno day at ARD and they were talking about how easy they were to install... just looked up the website today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Their stock run is one of the worst i've ever seen. 300/277 shows something's wrong. They do look very nice though.
I'll have to ask ARD about that Stock Dyno Run... that is weak...
Old 10-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
tonystark

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I am working on mine now.

[QUOTE=mlee;2451991]Looks like a new Camaro Header is on the market (B.F.E.)... 304 Stainless and polished...

[I'm installing my BFE headers now. I have the drivers side on and so far everything fits great. I should be finished soon. I must say they look really really good. All the welds look very professional and the thickness of the flanges and tubing are accurate. So far I am 110% satisfied!]
tonystark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
They look nice. Not a bad price either!

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
tonystark

Just finished. It was a pain to install headers without a lift. I hate working on my back but they are on and fit perfect. Over all the only thing I recommend is to just pay a shop to install headers. It would be so easy if the car was on a lift and not just 2ft off the ground laying on hard cold azz concrete. lol... Now, with the headers on I can feel a big difference in over all power and the throttle response is outstanding. I give Big Flow Exhaust 5 stars! Now, I need a TUNE! Who is a good tuner in the Houston area?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #9
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
B.F.E. HEADERS

We are a dealer of these new headers on the market. We have done some testing and see the same gains of KOOKS headers..Whats also nice is that for you big inch motor guys out there they offer a 2 inch primary header..These headers are high quality with merge collectors, constructed of 100% stainless steel with a thick 3/8 flange for a great seal and polished to a mirror finish..These headers are hand welded with Texas pride right here in Houston..Dont let anybody tell you different..

Again we are a dealer for these and are offering a introductory price for the headers.

Last edited by Cole@Fastlane; 10-26-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #10
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
That's great. 100% Chinese materials with Kook's knockoff headers and ARH X-pipe system. That's real original. Isn't it great to see someone capitalize on someone else's hard work. No class or integrity here. Next.

Nick

100% USA MADE
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
Cole@Fastlane

Drives: 2010 LSX shootout champions
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
That's great. 100% Chinese materials with Kook's knockoff headers and ARH X-pipe system. That's real original. Isn't it great to see someone capitalize on someone else's hard work. No class or integrity here. Next.

Nick
You make a nice product Nick but other folks do too.. I have never seen a set of ARH headers come with a certificate to prove the material is american made either, ive only heard you talk about it..

Again ARH is a great product but not the only one.
Cole@Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
Georger

Drives: 1979 camaro
Guys I am not going to get into a pissing match with anyone on this forum over this stuff. I will just give you the information so you the Camaro enthusiasts can see the reason why we as manufactures get upset with these kinds of actions. We work very hard to provide to you the highest quality product we can produce at a competitive price. Again I am not trying to start anything thing with this post I am just trying to point out the obvious.

Here is our header we designed in house and released to the general public in May of 2009. After 4 different designs and over 100 Hrs in R&D

Now this is the header that was just brought to our attention this week. Now you yourself can be the judge if it was created as an original design as it is claimed to be.

Again this is not to start anything thing this to educate the cumminity.
Georger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #13
tonystark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georger@kooks View Post
Guys I am not going to get into a pissing match with anyone on this forum over this stuff. I will just give you the information so you the Camaro enthusiasts can see the reason why we as manufactures get upset with these kinds of actions. We work very hard to provide to you the highest quality product we can produce at a competitive price. Again I am not trying to start anything thing with this post I am just trying to point out the obvious.

Here is our header we designed in house and released to the general public in May of 2009. After 4 different designs and over 100 Hrs in R&D

Now this is the header that was just brought to our attention this week. Now you yourself can be the judge if it was created as an original design as it is claimed to be.

Again this is not to start anything thing this to educate the cumminity.
Actually, the BFE does look to have slightly different bends. How many different ways can a header be made to fit a specific car? On a totally different note at least Kooks is acting like an adult about it!

Bottom line. I am in the medical profession and I will be willing to bet 99% of everyone on this forum (me included) has filled a medical prescription in the last few years for one reason or another. When you drive through the pharmacy window - the tech will ask: "is generic ok" 97% of the customers say "yes". So, large drug companies pay 100's of millions of dollars to own a chemical patent that will last about 10 years. Then its open to all companies to manufacture the same drug and sell it for 1/2 the price. "We" meaning 97% of us never complain about saving money on generic medication. Well, it goes further than that. We all shop for the best price on Insurance dont we? Or do we call our agent and say: "I want the most expensive brand name insurance on the market". NOPE! We want a specific coverage that protects us, our vehicles, our family and our homes. So, I think I've made a valid, educated point. I think that AM Headers and Kooks and any other manufacture in any industry needs to open their eyes and realize we all shop and we all care about what we spend and that to say you have to buy this or that or pay extra to get a good value is like a horse with blinders on and you can only see what you want to see and not what is really happening.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Wow... this thread went south...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole@Fastlane View Post
What i think is funny is that he says that the BFE stuff is a direct copy of his ARH system and then turns right around and calls it crap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
That's great. 100% Chinese materials with Kook's knockoff headers and ARH X-pipe system.
He actually said they copied his X-pipe... and I know ARH has a great X-pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
The OP is happy with his headers
The OP runs ARH and quite happy with them, because I DO believe they are the best...
JMHO and price isn't a usually factor w/ me and my 40k car. If I can't afford it I simply don't do it.
(j/k ...and I know who you really meant to point out...)

Bottom line is we have a new header on the market that looks pretty damn good... Installs easy like Kooks and has an awesome ARH X-pipe.
If there are copyright issues take it up in court, not here...

It is true ARH is totally made in USA and BFE's 304 stainless pipe along with most others come from overseas... but like Cole said assembled and polished up right here in good ole Texas...

BTW I did ask about the dyno and those are the real baseline numbers... The car was an L99 and had mufflers and cats deleted... straight pipes. Was about 10-15hp below the norm... I mentioned they might want to try that again on a different car...