Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Bob Lutz on Autoline Afterhours (availible for download)

In addition to his specific experience with GM, Maximum Bob will be talking about his overall frustration with business management, which is the subject of his upcoming book.

Autoline After Hours is a weekly automotive talk show that is streamed over the internet live, then they post it up afterwards. Website is http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/journal/?cat=1513.
Show starts at 7 pm et, but the host and the regular guest(s) are usually talking for about 15 minutes beforehand. They also take questions for the last ~20 minutes of the show, so if there is anything you wanted to ask Bob this is your chance.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

looks like the show is starting a little early this week.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
FxsX24

Drives: S10 283 V8,Jimmy 4wd 4dr bk/bk
this is up for download btw.
FxsX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
If you listen to only 1 podcast show. This is it! Bob Lutz tells all! GReat show!

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/journa...606#more-13606

What a great show! Bob Lutz is so focused. So on target with specifically what this industry and specifically GM needs to accomplish to be successful.

I have to say while watching the show I was overwhelmed with each and every point made during the discussion. Its taken me three times of listening and I am still learning more and more about what Bob Lutz’s statements contain.

I really am looking forward to June when I can buy Bob Lutz’s new book “The Car Guys vers the Bean Counters” The Battle for the Soul of American Business.

The passion and balance of the Ying and Yang!

Gotta love it!

JB
Old 01-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBsC6 View Post
http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/journa...606#more-13606

What a great show! Bob Lutz is so focused. So on target with specifically what this industry and specifically GM needs to accomplish to be successful.

I have to say while watching the show I was overwhelmed with each and every point made during the discussion. Its taken me three times of listening and I am still learning more and more about what Bob Lutz’s statements contain.

I really am looking forward to June when I can buy Bob Lutz’s new book “The Car Guys vers the Bean Counters” The Battle for the Soul of American Business.

The passion and balance of the Ying and Yang!

Gotta love it!

JB
merged

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Downloaded, and I'll listen to it later.

Should be good. Lutz tends to have his head on straight.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Thanks! Great interview. If only BL ran GM we would not have suffered the GM disaster.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Downloaded, and I'll listen to it later.

Should be good. Lutz tends to have his head on straight.
yeah, he had some interesting things to say about the demise of Pontiac (and Saturn) and a good explanation on why GMC was kept. Also made a number of good points on the change in the corporate attitude at GM while he was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Thanks! Great interview. If only BL ran GM we would not have suffered the GM disaster.
He came back too late to prevent disaster though. He would have needed to be in there at least one vehicle generation sooner to have made enough impact to possibly prevent bankruptcy. No mater how good their cars might have been, there was still the enormous legacy costs, coupled with the fact that car sales for everybody plumeted 30-35% in late 2008. Those would have still been there regardless of who was at the helm.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
yeah, he had some interesting things to say about the demise of Pontiac (and Saturn) and a good explanation on why GMC was kept. Also made a number of good points on the change in the corporate attitude at GM while he was there.

No matter how good their cars might have been, there was still the enormous legacy costs, coupled with the fact that car sales for everybody plumeted 30-35% in late 2008. Those would have still been there regardless of who was at the helm.
+1, Among other macroscopic issues no single person could overcome...

And thanks for the heads up...I still haven't had a chance to listen, but now I want to even more.