Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #43
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Thanks! I may haft to drop the pollished from my ss/rs, the more pics I
see of MS, the more I like them.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #44
Hillbilly
Rider of the short BUS

Drives: Ukon/F350(work)/Intruder800
Hey All
About the 21 inch wheels. If you look at the GMPP book there are two sizes for the camaro. The v6 gets smaller rear tires than the SS models. I have the larger ones ordered.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #45
AuburnEd
2G1FT1EW7A9105798

Drives: 2SS/RS - GMC
Scott was perhaps a little reserved with his comments as to the exhaust note of the L99under heavy acceleration....it was calm at first, BUT, Dennis held it in first gear until the rev limiter kicked in, and by then it was screamin with a deep, throaty bellow that demanded the attention of anyone within a quarter mile. Wow, what a rush!

Dennis, GM Regional Mgr, said that these cars were diverted to Eufaula, AL., as they were being moved from Texas to Detroit. Way to go GM! Good people who deserve some good press for a change.
AuburnEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #46
SSuRveyor

Drives: '06SSR,'08Z06,'11PaceCar,'67 Camaro
Whose SSR?

This is in response to post #19 by MerlinZero. That SSR would be mine. I love the thing. As to my own personal scruffy appearance, that would be me in the picture in post #14 by r0cketdr. I'm the big guy wearing the black Camaro concept T-shirt, w/sunglasses and biker do-rag. The top of my balding head gets windburn when I exceed 100 mph with the top down. Ask r0cketdr for details.

SSuRveyor
Land of Cotton
SSuRveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #47
SSuRveyor

Drives: '06SSR,'08Z06,'11PaceCar,'67 Camaro
(Edit) What I meant to say, was, I wear the do-rag to prevent the top of my head from windburning at 100+ mph.

Please look past my ineptness.

SSuRveyor
SSuRveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #48
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
Hey All
About the 21 inch wheels. If you look at the GMPP book there are two sizes for the camaro. The v6 gets smaller rear tires than the SS models. I have the larger ones ordered.
I just found that out from a PM from SSuRveyor. I have an SS on order and I didn't realize that it was different for the V6s. I am totaly releived because I can't change now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
Thanks! I may haft to drop the pollished from my ss/rs, the more pics I
see of MS, the more I like them.
Oh yes, and pics can never do them justice. I thought they were so so in pics but when I saw them I fell in love. I will have a set of 21" and the MS 20s. I guess I'll sell one of them. Or keep them for a change every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSuRveyor View Post
This is in response to post #19 by MerlinZero. That SSR would be mine. I love the thing. As to my own personal scruffy appearance, that would be me in the picture in post #14 by r0cketdr. I'm the big guy wearing the black Camaro concept T-shirt, w/sunglasses and biker do-rag. The top of my balding head gets windburn when I exceed 100 mph with the top down. Ask r0cketdr for details.

SSuRveyor
Land of Cotton
And what a fine ride that is too. I was blown away when you let me in it. I never knew they were so cool.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #49
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
I have been so use to seeing the Camaro in still pictures and parked I almost think of the car as just a peice of art work but when Dennis pulled out of the lot and put his foot in it then hearing it roar and quickly disappear down the road that is when I got excited and realized it really is a hot running muscle car and I am going to own one someday.
Now I can't hardly wait till I get mine.

Thank You GM for making it possible to give Stephanie a ride in this awesome car.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #50
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Thanks for the write up