Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Trifecta Tune Impressions

I just installed a tune from Trifecta and figured I would post some initial impressions from just a few minutes driving the car.
  1. Yay my check engine light is finally off!!
  2. The ghost cam is nowhere near as aggressive sounding as I expected. However this may have something to do with my exhaust setup. I am going to see if Vince can make it sound anymore aggressive.
  3. One other interesting note about the ghost cam is that it doesn't only have the cam sound but the car itself actually rocks the way a car with an aggressive cam does.
  4. The shifts on the automatic are definitely firmer and more immediate, however I think it could still be taken further.
  5. Other than the car feeling more responsive overall the butt dyno is inconclusive at this point. I need to do some more hard takeoffs before really saying it has made a huge horsepower difference.
  6. I did not have the torque management delete option on but I think I am going to try it.

I am going to try to do some data logging and see if Vince can't help fine-tune this to hopefully get a little more out of the car.

Update: Here is a video of the default ghost cam setting that Trifecta uses. C5 for some reason doesn't let me embed videos so if someone could embed it for me it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

http://youtu.be/lBlSv4Ey6E8?hd=1

Update 2: I talked with Vince and he is going to tweak my tune to make the ghost cam more aggressive and increase the shift firmness even more. I will post a new video with the results.

Update 3:New, slightly more aggressive ghost cam setting
http://youtu.be/JtlpFkd-t4k

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune

Last edited by DevilKnightFalcon; 09-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #2
moonshine

Drives: 2011 camaro rs
so how does this ghostcam work? is it cutting off injectors at times?

2011 camaro RS V6 A6 | Summit White | More mods to come....
moonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
I have heard that he accomplishes it by altering the VVT during idle however I am not sure if that is true or not.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 09-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
DevilKnightFalcon

I just set up some time for next week to do some dyno pulls. I am going to compare the stock tune with the Trifecta tune and see what the gains are.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
I have heard that he accomplishes it by altering the VVT during idle however I am not sure if that is true or not.
by increasing overlap on idle(the time the intake and exhaust valves are open)one can mimic the sound of cams.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote