Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Autogeeks, NOT happy here.

Usually shopping through Amazon.com is ok, this time it was not. I decided to buy the foam gun finally, so got on Amazon, found the foam gun with a free bottle of car shampoo from Autogeek there, was offered free shipping with x amount of purchase so I bought a couple more things, wax, microfibers, wash mitt to make it to free shipping.
Got part of the shipment, was charged $14.95 shipping on the 8.95 bottle of car shampoo that was supposed to be FREE (as was the shipping). Never have received the foam gun yet, and Autogeek denies I ever contacted them through their e-mail form (which I did right away when I saw them freakin' shipping charges). The goon I spoke with on the phone told me they NEVER offer free shipping and Amazon must have lied. Right.
Never gonna shop with those guys again.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Got a link for this "deal"? There was an "autogeek" free bonus deal, but all I could find was this with no free shipping (expanded font for the shipping note):

Autogeek Half Gallon Foam Gun with FREE BONUS
by Autogeek

2 customer reviews

Price:$69.99

Note: $8.95 shipping when purchased from Palm Beach Motoring Accessories. Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Palm Beach Motoring Accessories.

• The idea behind a foam gun is to minimize the amount of rubbing and scrubbing necessary to clean the vehicle by pre-soaking it with frothy foam
  • The foam starts loosening and lubricating the paint immediately
  • As you work your way down and around the vehicle with a mitt or sponge, you don't have to use as much force to remove dirt and debris
  • This gentle touch substantially decreases the risk of micro-marring because the paint is covered in a foamy layer of lubrication
  • Special Offer! Receive a FREE 2 oz. Detailer's Pro Series Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo with your purchase of a Foam Gun. This offer is only available for a limited time!
See more product details

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Good Point. Still not happy, I thought I was buying from Autogeek on all those items and while I don't have the link I saw repeated at least twice to buy x amount more to get free shipping.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Did you review your order when checking out? You should also have received an e-mail with your purchases and pricing from Amazon. Not all items qualify towards their super saver shipping. My order that I received last, stated the amount of shipping and then had a credit for that amount on the invoice. Which was also shown at the time of checkout.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Contact nick at autogeek. Maybe he can help you out. For the most part autogeek has a good line up of associates.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Contact nick at autogeek. Maybe he can help you out. For the most part autogeek has a good line up of associates.
Shipping is always a problem it gets expensive. I did one of those free shipping with $95.00 I read the fine print and backed out.

I have dealt with Nick on some items and he has treated me good.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBsSS View Post
Shipping is always a problem it gets expensive. I did one of those free shipping with $95.00 I read the fine print and backed out.

I have dealt with Nick on some items and he has treated me good.
shipping is outrageous when buying a few things that don't meet the free shipping offer.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
captain2slow

Drives: '14 2SS
I've been shopping Autopia Car Care for years..back when it was proper auto care owned by Terry n Jan Frieburg..they do really good deals on free shipping when spending x amount of dollars..they are also in the same neck of the woods as autogeek.. here's the link: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Good Luck!
v/r
Capt. 2Slow..
captain2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
Local place put has decent shipping

https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/Checkout.asp?cmode=1
Old 03-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #10
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I really need to stop there the next time I am up that way

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #11
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
You have to watch it sometimes when ordering through Amazon. I ordered something that was advertised as free shipping on the sellers website but Amazon tacked on their shipping and tax. Since they are based Washington state, we get to pay sales tax on anything they ship.

I have backed out of a lot of purchases due to the cost of shipping. When you buy an item that can be shipped in a padded envelope, and they want to charge $15.99 shipping I bail out. We all know how much flat rate shipping through the post office is, right?

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote