Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
MB2010CC
Back in Black

Drives: 2010 Black 2LT/RS Camaro
Question Fog Lights

I plan on getting the RS package on my new 'maro and that includes HID headlights. My questions if you so choose to answer one or all of them is can I make the fog lights HID too? Is that legal? and Do the fog lamps automatically run at night with the headlights? I ask these questions because I think it looks quite tacky when a car has HID headlights but normal Halogen fog lights that run at the same time. Thanks in advance for any answers I get. They are all greatly appreciated.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:59 AM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i cant say for sure but i know that a lot of gm vehicles have similiar controls. that said my colorado pickup has a seperate button to turn on the fogs

and with the right inverters, lenses and bulbs you can make anything have hid's
Old 09-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Running fogs in perfect weather is tacky anyways and if you are using them when appropriate nobody will know what you are driving anyways.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 AM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Running fogs in perfect weather is tacky anyways and if you are using them when appropriate nobody will know what you are driving anyways.
Tell that to a Bimmer driver. lol!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
So I guess I am tacky, I like the way my truck looks with fog lights on, no matter the weather.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
MB2010CC
Back in Black

Although it may look tacky, some car's fogs come on with the headlights and dont have a seperate way to turn them off. And I have to agree with Sierra. I dig the way a car looks coming head on with four lights! All the better to hunt down those Rustangs and Challenges at night.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Tell that to a Bimmer driver. lol!
haha, i'll take blame for that!

i have angel eyes on mine and they hooked up to my running lights, so during the day its just the rings and fogs most people like it
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
haha, i'll take blame for that!

i have angel eyes on mine and they hooked up to my running lights, so during the day its just the rings and fogs most people like it
It doesn't bother me either. I've yet to see a black BMW without foglights on during the day.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
In many places it is against the law to run fog lights or driving lights in traffic, same as it is to run with your bright lights on.
Barney Fife may have had a fight with Thelma Lou and is in a bad mood and want to give someone a ticket and you may be him LOL
Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
It doesn't bother me either. I've yet to see a black BMW without foglights on during the day.
they are not fog lights but running lights..different intensity, same as our DRL's
Old 09-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
In many places it is against the law to run fog lights or driving lights in traffic, same as it is to run with your bright lights on.
Barney Fife may have had a fight with Thelma Lou and is in a bad mood and want to give someone a ticket and you may be him LOL
I drive my envoy every day with the Fog lights on and have never been ticketed in 6 years.i would rather people know im there,that way they dont lane change into me.Plus if fog lights are aimed correctly they dont shine into some ones rear view.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #12
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
I would prefer if GM gave us the option to choose when, and when not to have our DRLs(or similar) on or off.

I want to be in control

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #13
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
done do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2010CC View Post
I plan on getting the RS package on my new 'maro and that includes HID headlights. My questions if you so choose to answer one or all of them is can I make the fog lights HID too? Is that legal? and Do the fog lamps automatically run at night with the headlights? I ask these questions because I think it looks quite tacky when a car has HID headlights but normal Halogen fog lights that run at the same time. Thanks in advance for any answers I get. They are all greatly appreciated.
If HDI is available for the fogs, leave it alone. I say this because if light shines to bright while in fog, it will only blind you. Low beam lights are better in fog, the light cuts right threw the cloud. You need to leave the lights as they are. If you ever need to use then for there intended purpose it will back fire on you.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #14
MB2010CC
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
If HDI is available for the fogs, leave it alone. I say this because if light shines to bright while in fog, it will only blind you. Low beam lights are better in fog, the light cuts right threw the cloud. You need to leave the lights as they are. If you ever need to use then for there intended purpose it will back fire on you.
Thanks for looking out. But if you havn't noticed...I live in Las Vegas. I have seen fog out here one time and that was when I was up next to a moutian. Im just going for looks here. Scratch functionality. I don't need it.

Tags
foglights, hid