Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
kelsanova

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS IOM/blk rally
What do you use to clean your tires?

Obviously, when I picked up my camaro a couple days ago, the wheels were nice, clean, and shiney. They still are, but I am wondering what to clean them with when the inevitable dirt fades them. What do you use?
kelsanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I use Adam's long-handled fender brush and a mist of Adam's APC to get them clean. Then dress and protect them with Adam's VRT. VRT is the best tire dressing out there in my opinion. Gives you a deep black look without being greasy or overly glossy. You apply with a sponge.

Don't use that brush on your wheels though, the bristles are pretty stiff. For those I use this with their Green Wheel Cleaner or some APC works just as well.

This would be a good deal for you to pick up. Use the coupon code "Junkman" to save 10% on any order.

If you just do your wheel wells, tires, and wheels every wash, it's a cinch to keep them all looking brand new.

Welcome to the forums!

Edit: In the future you will get more/better responses if you post questions like this in the Cosmetic Maintenance subforum. The Wheels/Tires one is usually used primarily to discuss brands and styles of wheels and tires. Junkman, Dylan, Moose, and Ryan (2LTRS) among others are your cleaning gurus and they usually hang out there mostly.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I use Adam's long-handled fender brush and a mist of Adam's APC to get them clean. Then dress and protect them with Adam's VRT. VRT is the best tire dressing out there in my opinion. Gives you a deep black look without being greasy or overly glossy. You apply with a sponge.

Don't use that brush on your wheels though, the bristles are pretty stiff. For those I use this with their Green Wheel Cleaner or some APC works just as well.

This would be a good deal for you to pick up. Use the coupon code "Junkman" to save 10% on any order.

If you just do your wheel wells, tires, and wheels every wash, it's a cinch to keep them all looking brand new.

Welcome to the forums!

Edit: In the future you will get more/better responses if you post questions like this in the Cosmetic Maintenance subforum. The Wheels/Tires one is usually used primarily to discuss brands and styles of wheels and tires. Junkman, Dylan, Moose, and Ryan (2LTRS) among others are your cleaning gurus and they usually hang out there mostly.
+1
Old 06-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
That's pretty much the only place I hang out.

One thing you want to do is treat your wheels like you treat you paint. The wheels have the same clear coat on them as your paint does. Thus, you want to protect them just as you would your paint, and that is with a sealant. The sealant will keep the brake dust from etching into the clear on the wheels and permanently damaging them. I recommend the Adam's Machine Superwax. Wipe on by hand, allow to dry and then wipe off. Wait 12-24 hours before applying a second coat.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I usually NAIL it and tear off a fresh layer . Oh you meant the sidewalls. When I'm done with the car I use the leftover soap and an old wheel brush.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
ADAMS VRT!!!