Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Misfit1

Drives: 2012 White/Inferno 2SS
Hallows Eve and The Sexy Beast

I recall when the the Camaro was first announced and knew that I definitely wanted one, just not sure how or when. I have always loved the Camaro especially the first and third gens. Well I wound up renting a 1LT Black 2010 for a trip I had in Boston and was really impressed, though the wife not as much. A little over a year later, my wife was rear ended and when her car was in the shop, Enterprise gave us a 2LT Ashen Grey 2013 Vert for a week and my wife was really impressed (she drove a 2007 scion tc at the time). Well we now knew we wanted to get one just not sure of when.
So in June of 2013 on a whim we went to Hall Chevrolet in Virginia (Great People Here) and test drove the only Vert they had...A 2012 Victory Red 2LT/RS with just 2k miles on it (Company Pres drove it for a bit)...when she returned from the test drive I was already on the phone with the bank. She kissed her scion goodbye (she really loved that car-even shed a tear) and we drove home in her new car that night, to which she eventually named "The Sexy Beast". I was really drawn to her car and wanted one of my own, but currently was driving my 87 vette, to which I had put gobs and gobs of money into as well as the dodge ram show truck I was am still paying for. She said once I settled the bill for the truck, I could get my Camaro...she didn't want to pay out 3 car payments, who could blame her.
Well on September 11th I was driving home from work and the Vette burst into flames...A total loss!!! I was heartbroken as I had put a lot of wrench time into her. The GSM at Hall had shown me a 2012 White and Inferno Orange 2SS/RS the previous Friday when we had taken the wife's car in for the first Oil change. Joking that we needed to be a 2 Camaro family and that he would give me a great deal, we laughed and joked but I walked away remembering that I still had a bill due on my truck. Well after the death of my Vette, my wife looks at me and says "why dont you get the Camaro that the GSM showed you on Friday". I was Stunned!!! Instead of having to buy a used beat third or fourth gen with the insurance settlement, I was given the go ahead to splurge!!! I felt like Ralphie on Christmas with my new Red Rider BB Gun!! So I called up Hall, Got the Pricing just where I wanted it, Called the bank, Got the Check Cut and on Friday the 13th of September Picked up "Hallows Eve" or "Eve" for short. Reason for the name... Vette died on 9/11, adopted "eve" on Friday the 13th, my favorite holiday is Halloween, and she is White and Inferno orange on the outside with black-Inferno Orange and red lighting on the inside. Here is the beginning of her build thread as well as the wife's "Sexy Beast"

Current Mods:
"Eve" -
~K&N Typhoon CAI
~Windows Tinted
~G3 Composites Carbon/Inferno Orange/Chrome Bowties

"Sexy Beast" -
~K&N Typhoon CAI
~Windows Tinted
~SLP LM1 Exhaust
~G3 Composites Carbon Fiber/Chrome Bowties

Pics Coming Soon-I swear

Last edited by Misfit1; 11-01-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Misfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Misfit1

Drives: 2012 White/Inferno 2SS
New Top for the Beast

So...have been wanting to place pics of the cars up here, but the "Sexy Beast has been in the shop for a hot minute...replacement of passenger side rear window regulator and new Convertible Top with all the trimmings. Thank you General Motors for recognizing the issue and approving the fix. So waiting on parts, she sits in the shop.
Misfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote