Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 08-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #43
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
I went to the track last night with my 2010 2SS A6. It was my first time ever running a car in the 1/4 mile. My best time was 13.96. A friend took some pics of my burnout and taking off, soon as i get them ill get them posted up. Plan on going to the track again next weekend and hopefully I'm going to beat my time.

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #44
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
9/2/09 new england dragway

9/2/09 New England Dragway. My first and last runs. The last run was the 13.38. I am car 285. A6 L99 1SS.
Attached Images

Last edited by HDDAN; 09-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #45
volleyfan

Drives: 2003 Tahoe Z71, 2010 Camaro SS
Since you seem less then interested in accuracy in the 1/4 mile fast list thread, please delete my times from the list. I have already deleted my time slip posting. As long as you continue to ignore DA calculations, then this list is just catering to people living at lower altitude locations.

It would have been really easy to make this a meaningful list for everyone in North America. You already require people to post a time slip. The track name, date and time are on the slip and that's all you need to get weather/DA data and convert times with the tools at dragtimes.com. This really makes a difference in gauging/comparing the reality of all times. In my case, my best time of 14.52 is actually my third best converted time at 13.25. After conversion, my real best time came from a 14.77 run that converted to a 13.22 (the DA was 8342 that day!)

Anyway, that ends my rant. Hope you're all enjoying your Camaro as much as I'm enjoying mine!
volleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #46
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyfan View Post
Since you seem less then interested in accuracy in the 1/4 mile fast list thread, please delete my times from the list. I have already deleted my time slip posting. As long as you continue to ignore DA calculations, then this list is just catering to people living at lower altitude locations.

It would have been really easy to make this a meaningful list for everyone in North America. You already require people to post a time slip. The track name, date and time are on the slip and that's all you need to get weather/DA data and convert times with the tools at dragtimes.com. This really makes a difference in gauging/comparing the reality of all times. In my case, my best time of 14.52 is actually my third best converted time at 13.25. After conversion, my real best time came from a 14.77 run that converted to a 13.22 (the DA was 8342 that day!)

Anyway, that ends my rant. Hope you're all enjoying your Camaro as much as I'm enjoying mine!
And you can go to dragtimes and convert it yourself like anyone else would are you finished with your ranting now?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #47
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

As much as it might suck, 1/4 mile records are based on actual track times. Corrected track times are not real track times. Corrected track times are for people to get an "idea" of what their car "might" run under more optimumal conditions. But they are not actual track times.

Official 1/4 mile records are based on the actual time a car runs (E.T. uncorrected).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #48
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
As much as it might suck, 1/4 mile records are based on actual track times. Corrected track times are not real track times. Corrected track times are for people to get an "idea" of what their car "might" run under more optimumal conditions. But they are not actual track times.

Official 1/4 mile records are based on the actual time a car runs (E.T. uncorrected).
LOL..you are my ambassador....lol
Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #49
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
I think volleyfan has a very valid point. I dont know what posts you deleted, but that aside look at what hes saying.

We have cars from pretty much everywhere on here.

Then we have a fast list for the 1/4 mile.

So people in CO will never ever be on that list due to location alone.

If we only raced on 1 track it would be okay, but to compare times from around the country at all times of the year is not accurate at all.

The calculator is there for this specific reason.

If anything there should be 2 sets of lists.

Calculated and non-corrected times.

I could (not speaking for everyone) care less about stock or modified more so than corrected times.

Just saying. Not that it really matters because being on the list doesnt actually do anything. But if you were giving away hotdogs or something to the fast list that would be different.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #50
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
I think volleyfan has a very valid point. I dont know what posts you deleted, but that aside look at what hes saying.

If we only raced on 1 track it would be okay, but to compare times from around the country at all times of the year is not accurate at all.

I could (not speaking for everyone) care less about stock or modified more so than corrected times.

Just saying. Not that it really matters because being on the list doesnt actually do anything. But if you were giving away hotdogs or something to the fast list that would be different.
Or the people on CO could plan a nice fall vacation and come out of the mountains... I've raced on tracks from Northern Michigan all the way down to Orlando, Florida...

No list that I have ever seen has "corrected" times... DA correction is basically an educated guess..... It may give you a good idea of what you might run but it's not as exact as actually running...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #51
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Or the people on CO could plan a nice fall vacation and come out of the mountains... I've raced on tracks from Northern Michigan all the way down to Orlando, Florida...

No list that I have ever seen has "corrected" times... DA correction is basically an educated guess..... It may give you a good idea of what you might run but it's not as exact as actually running...
Nor has any list I ever seen or participated in have "corrected" times
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #52
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post

Sorry but anyone with a clue can look at the DA (if posted next to the time) and realize that they are not looking at a 14 second slip at sea level... if curious they can pop over to dragtimes and convert it. Converted times are not accurate and should not be considered 'equal' to a real slip done by someone who just happens to have better conditions to race in.

1320Junkie - Would you be opposed to posting the DA next to each time just to put this all to rest?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #53
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
Sorry but anyone with a clue can look at the DA (if posted next to the time) and realize that they are not looking at a 14 second slip at sea level... if curious they can pop over to dragtimes and convert it. Converted times are not accurate and should not be considered 'equal' to a real slip done by someone who just happens to have better conditions to race in.

1320Junkie - Would you be opposed to posting the DA next to each time just to put this all to rest?
Hey S8ER01Z,

This isn't directed at you..but if people took the time to read my initial post in the Official Times thread they would see that I requested the DA if available(on the last line)...but people dont pay attention to details all of the time...that's another reason why I require the timeslips because it is usually posted on there:

Rules:
In proposing submissions for inclusion on the list, please follow these simple rules
#1. Post the details of your quarter-mile pass using this template: (cut and paste)
Tires used on the pass:
Performance Mods (if any):
Category submitted for:
60'.............
330'...........
660'...........
660’ mph...
1000'..........
1320'..........
1320’ mph…
Name of the track:
Date of pass:
Weather conditions: (include Density Altitude, if known):
Old 09-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #54
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hey S8ER01Z,

This isn't directed at you..but if people took the time to read my initial post in the Official Times thread they would see that I requested the DA if available(on the last line)...but people dont pay attention to details all of the time...that's another reason why I require the timeslips because it is usually posted on there:
Makes sense! My bad... I looked at the 'list' that was posted in here and didn't see the DA at all... I thought we knew a few of the times and their DA but it would make sense that they didn't post that information with their slip and instead someone figured it out later on. Well...Carry on good sir.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #55
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Our bad

Quote:

Great post! Guess we should start our own post for the less fortunate cars that aren't at sea level. wait this is Colorado we are far from unfortunate.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #56
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Come here to Bandimere

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post

Uh goes both way,try coming out here and running, see what you put down.
This is stupid, just post 2 threads one for altitude and one for sea level. Instead of bad mouthing us altitude guys. Hey mr moderator wasn't there a long rant by other moderators about the exact thing your doing. You are egging this on.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote