Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #43
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
Sorry to be the skeptic...It says all donations are going to Daniel Parsons which isnt a family name. Who is that and how does one know any of the donated money will go to the family in need? I want to donate, but want to know Im not funding someone's beer habit.

I completely understand. This one may be legit but even so, oftentimes these things never turn out the way the donors intended.

Do a search and you'll find one of these stories on the forum from a couple of years ago. Tragic story, family needs money etc. They took the money and went on a vacation to Hawaii.

I personally know a coworker with a niece who has Spina Bifida. Tragic story and 100% true. They took up donations, set up donation buckets at local stores etc.

I thought it was ironic that a lady with no less than 6 gold rings on her hands was begging for donations from co-workers. I asked some specifics about the situation and her sister was a single mom, so the medical bills were already 100% paid for by taxpayers through medicaid.

So, I asked what the donations would be used for then, and she wasn't sure. I'd love to think the best about people in tragic situations, but it's hard to imagine a welfare mom with 100% paid-for medical bills using her new found donation money on anything responsible.

I'm not saying people shouldn't donate if that's what they want to do, but this is the internet, so don't kid yourself. Even if the tragic story is true, you may still be doing nothing more than buying the family a plasma television or vacation to Hawaii.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #44
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUBslow View Post
I donated. I feel really sorry for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by He11bent View Post
Thank you, I have made a small donation. I really wish the best for these folks and their baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Payment Sent. Thanks CAI for showing compassion and bringing this to our attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Donation made.

Every little bit helps.
Awesome guys, thank you so much!!! Great community we have here!!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
Awesome thing you guys are all doing, I will donate!!! Hopefull people will keep this thread on top and donate for such a great cause!!
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Understandable, I got some more information.

Daniel Parsons is a close family friend that has took the time to set up the fund and share it with others for the family. I have been in touch with Daniel, my original contact to the family, and the father of the child and all of them have confirmed the same thing and that all funds are going 100% to the family. I also have the families personal Facebook which I have checked into, and it is obvious that everything is legit.

I have also been given the families bank information should you choose to want to send a donation directly through their bank account. Just PM me and I can give it to you.

So far we have already raised a few hundred dollars with more coming in, and that only been in the last 12 hours or so, keep it up Camaro5 members!! The family really appreciates all of your prayers, thoughts, and financial support!
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!

Everyone can rest assured their donations will go directly to this family in need.

Thanks so much for running this down...
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #47
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #48
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
One more