Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #29
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
wow its been a while since ive posted. But I recently rented a 2010 Camaro V6 for the weekend and got plenty of time to push the car (SSHHH, I'm not 25). I stopped one time and did a nice quick burnout. This car is def no slouch. It puts u back in your seat. But dont be fooled when u drive one because the car is so smooth that u dont realize how fast you are actually going.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:41 AM   #30
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Slip from today... disappointed about the ET... guessing the headwind (20MP with 32MPH gust) was killing me! This was in Sport mode, TC on and basically leaving from idle... trying to launch any hard just ended up spinning... argh!

Looking at wunderground.com, it looks like you were seeing 10-15 mph wind with about 20 mph gusts.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

corrected to sea level and for weather, your car would have ran:

14.59 @ 94.87

Obviously you can't correct for wind.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 AM   #31
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
Looking at wunderground.com, it looks like you were seeing 10-15 mph wind with about 20 mph gusts.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

corrected to sea level and for weather, your car would have ran:

14.59 @ 94.87

Obviously you can't correct for wind.
Very cool! The track is in Stanton, Michigan... I pulled up the Weather Channel when I got home:

Temp: 74
Wind: From W at 18 mph gusting to 32 mph
Humidity: 42%
Pressure: 29.65 in.
Dew Point: 50°F

There is a track in Ubly Michigan which actually runs East to West so 99.99% of the time you have a tail wind! May try that next Saturday after the dyno session...

Also... need to work on the morbidly obese driver mod... that would be good for a .1!!! LOL!

Thanks!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #32
Big Thunder Performance

Drives: 2023 ZL1
Hey I was at the Motorplex on Saturday night.

I have about 25 passes on the V6 now with 2000 miles on the car. I have ran this car hard and it seems to be getting faster.

The car was about 4 tenths off this weekend from the heat compared to my last trip when conditions were better.

I still have not had a pass under 94mph. A good pass will get me in the 14.58 - 14.59 area now at 96mph.

Next time put it in sport mode and keep the traction control off. All our cars were off this weekend. The heat was not good for making power.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #33
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thunder Performance View Post
Hey I was at the Motorplex on Saturday night.

I have about 25 passes on the V6 now with 2000 miles on the car. I have ran this car hard and it seems to be getting faster.

The car was about 4 tenths off this weekend from the heat compared to my last trip when conditions were better.

I still have not had a pass under 94mph. A good pass will get me in the 14.58 - 14.59 area now at 96mph.

Next time put it in sport mode and keep the traction control off. All our cars were off this weekend. The heat was not good for making power.
Very cool... PM me next time you head out that way... I don't get out there often but hey, you never know!

Yeah, yesterday the headwind was killer!!!

I tried a lot of different combinations... the best time and best 60' came with my first run. Sport mode, TC on and launching just above idle... managed a 2.1 60' and a 15.0. If I tried launching any harder i just simply spun... was just a TnT so I'm thinking the track prep might have been minimal...

Putting the car on the dyno Saturday... just for giggles.. get some base line numbers...

Any leads on a tuner for this car? I found the shifts to be a little to soft and annoyingly long yesterday... firm the shifts up and i could see shaving .2 or .3 off...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #34
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I think they need to reset the time and date on their system too .... Today is the 29th ...
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #35
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think they need to reset the time and date on their system too .... Today is the 29th ...
LOL! Didn't even notice! Time travel always give me a headache! LOL!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #36
Big Thunder Performance

Drives: 2023 ZL1
No ideas on a tuner in the area.

I am just running this car to fill my racing bug till my fast car is running again.

I also need to keep the Camaro so the little lady can drive it to work. I have a tendancy to take streetability to the extreme. I'm also not allowed to take the car appart. I do like to see how things work.

The track on a test and tune night is not preped well.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #37
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thunder Performance View Post
No ideas on a tuner in the area.

I am just running this car to fill my racing bug till my fast car is running again.

I also need to keep the Camaro so the little lady can drive it to work. I have a tendancy to take streetability to the extreme. I'm also not allowed to take the car appart. I do like to see how things work.

The track on a test and tune night is not preped well.
LOL! I hear you... we sound a lot alike and in the same boat! My 2005 Mustang was my dual purpose show car and race car... wife called it my "Mistress".. It's been gone for almost 2 years now.... I posted the new car on Facebook and all my Mustang friends are like "let the modding begin!" To which my wife replied, "No more Mistresses!!! NO MOD!!!! He promised!!!"

So... for me the are will remain stock... Just a fun daily driver which an occasional trip to the track...

I would really like to get the shifts firmed up especially if it can be done so they are just firmer in Sport mode... that would be awesome! My Mustang shifted so firm it literally made my wife afraid to drive it! LOL!

Guess I'm going to have to try the car out during an event so I can see about getting more aggressive on my launches... LOL