Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #113
Luis Lima

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
stick with your SLS instead of trading. As someone who has drive and worked at Ferrari and driven about every model since the mid 80's it would not be worth getting rid of for a cali. Dont get me wrong, Cali is a great car but is for touring and tooling around in with the family, not for actual spirited driving. If you want to unload the camaro/SLS, take a look around and unload some of those merc's and camaro then pick up a Scuderia, 16M preferably but a regular scud will blow your mind, plus you should get a pretty good value for the SLS. Then even better let your teammate drive it and he will have you and have to get rid of the cali and pick one up for himself haha.
my parents moving back to home country so im trading a turbo and a s550 for that i gave them for a ferrari! now your opinion would be very appreciated! should i get a 16m? i love those cars they are prolly favorite car but they dont produced them anymore so is it worth buying a older car like that? or should i just go with one of the newer models like 458? maybe f12?

good new is i wont need to get rid of the sls or the cali if i do make the trade could end up with 2 ferraris that would be a dream
Luis Lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #114
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
I don't understand why everyone has to try and act like this guys parent. For what its worth, you def seem to have your finances in order by the way you come across.

Damn impressive to be pro since 15 though!!!

On a side not, have you checked out a V10 R8?

Also, I would get rid of the mustang and charger, get a z51 stingray and hold onto the sls and camaro.

It seems that you can afford a ton of rides but why spread yourself out so much when you can have a couple that are unique and you can get more seat time in!!! That's just my opinion.

Best of luck and keep us updated, also stay healthy so you can continue your car purchasing haha!!!
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #115
Luis Lima

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
I don't understand why everyone has to try and act like this guys parent. For what its worth, you def seem to have your finances in order by the way you come across.

Damn impressive to be pro since 15 though!!!

On a side not, have you checked out a V10 R8?

Also, I would get rid of the mustang and charger, get a z51 stingray and hold onto the sls and camaro.

It seems that you can afford a ton of rides but why spread yourself out so much when you can have a couple that are unique and you can get more seat time in!!! That's just my opinion.

Best of luck and keep us updated, also stay healthy so you can continue your car purchasing haha!!!
thanks! alot of hard work! yeah my dad was telling me the same thing about too many cars! honestly some i barley drive lol i love those r8s maybe one day hahah
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #116
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
The fact that he can not make up his mind about how to spend his money is proof that he is too young to make financial decisions. I am not sure how education works in Brazil, but you should attend a finance class at your local College.

The selection of cars appears to belong to a family. Why would someone finance a SLS and a SL500? I can't even imagine how that would play out. Welcome to Mercedes Benz my name is _, how may I help you? Yes I would like to finance a top of the line SLS for myself. Did I mention I also need SL550 for myself. No not the SL63AMG the SL550. Yeah in Silver.

The remaining cars (camaro, mustang, jeep, charger) appear to belong to the kids of the family.

Can someone post a sports link I am just curious.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #117
Luis Lima

quick update! i think i will go tru with the trade

Thanks to alot of you guys! this is def the best forum out there btw lol i talked to my dad he pretty much told me the same thing alot of you guys were telling me. so with that i think i will get rid of 2 maybe 3 cars for a nicer one! truth be told when im back to playing ill be only living most of my time in Brasil! when i get here ill have all these car sitting in my house waitting to be driving in such little time. im go to the dealer tomorrow see what we can work out! aiming for a f430 scuderia hopefully so wish me luck guys i will not get rid of the camaro tho =]
Old 08-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #118
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
I found this sweet statue for your front yard.

Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #119
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
[QUOTE=ubrimah;6860216]LOL but you have a 911... That is as feminine as it gets

I wish I had a 911 Turbo S. I stated that ...My good friend in the Turbo S next to my SS has a 2008 red F430 spyder and the Porsche runs circles around it...And I went on to say...Just my opinion of course...

Again, just my opinion, is that the 911 is the greatest, longest lasting auto speed form ever designed, and the Turbo S is the best value in a supercar, being the 3rd fastest production car in the world. Only the Bugatti Veyron and the Aventador are quicker. I would say the Porsche has beautiful flowing curves and is not feminine.

For us Camaro owners trying to compete, this is the usual view of a Turbo S that will be seen. No way to beat a Turbo S from a dig on street tires, even for 800rwhp Camaros.
Attached Images

Last edited by SS PANTHER; 08-06-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: added image
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #120
ubrimah
Oreo

Drives: Summit White LT/RS A6
[QUOTE=SS PANTHER;6862853]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrimah View Post
LOL but you have a 911... That is as feminine as it gets

I would say the Porsche has beautiful flowing curves and is not feminine.
Beautiful flowing curves is how I would describe my girlfriend hahaha! I have always respected the performance of the 345x10^5674 versions of the 911's but I have never personally liked Porsche styling so I hate on them whenever I get the chance. The Aston Martin Vanquish would be a better example of beautiful flowing curves.

ubrimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #121
Luis Lima

i dont know whats made me more happy this is my first ferrari or my 2 year old son face when he saw this machine =p!! now is time to negotiate with my teammate! my offer is sls and 20k for the cali. lets see how that goes
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #122
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
nice collection ......
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #123
Hyena

Drives: 2013 1LT RS CRT
Keep the SLS.It will retain more value in the long run.The Cali will drop and won't recover it's value,your friend knows this.The first gen Cali's were soft...suspension wise and critics didn't like them very much.The new gen Cali,is a better car,but in my opinion,I still wouldn't do it.The sound your SLS makes or can make with the right exh is simply....music.For that reason alone,it would stay in my possession.

You have a nice start to a nice collection.Personally,I would diversify my taste more.You may wind up with less cars,but the value would be more,and if you picked the right cars,would also be more stable in value as well.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #124
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Well I don't care , I think you should get " The Prius" with a race wing , fits a soccer player better .
Soccer ??? If it was Baseball I would care .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #125
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Lima View Post
i dont know whats made me more happy this is my first ferrari or my 2 year old son face when he saw this machine =p!! now is time to negotiate with my teammate! my offer is sls and 20k for the cali. lets see how that goes
Nice 430 Scuderia! I would still want the spider though!
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #126
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
Keep the SLS.It will retain more value in the long run.The Cali will drop and won't recover it's value,your friend knows this.The first gen Cali's were soft...suspension wise and critics didn't like them very much.The new gen Cali,is a better car,but in my opinion,I still wouldn't do it.The sound your SLS makes or can make with the right exh is simply....music.For that reason alone,it would stay in my possession.

You have a nice start to a nice collection.Personally,I would diversify my taste more.You may wind up with less cars,but the value would be more,and if you picked the right cars,would also be more stable in value as well.
The 30 is a much improved car...
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote