Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
White Shark

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperGumby View Post
And grow hair on your palms.
I think you guys are talking about something else, hehehe!
White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shark View Post
I think you guys are talking about something else, hehehe!
Really, you're going there?
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Wow, 'soon to be ex wife' is a whole other bummer. I'm glad to see at least you're distracted somehat by the well being of your Camaro but don't forget your own mental health. Been there and done it, and it can be a ass-kicker.

Keep the faith, as there is life after wife. Protect your car and take care of yourself, possibly in reverse order of what I just said.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #18
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
My therapy will be getting my bike fixed and taking it to the Tail of the Dragon! Need to buy a go pro. Really it has been a long time coming and I feel more relief than anything..... at least I will once I am no longer tied to her through a townhouse lease and a car lease. Our landlord is already threatening to sue both of us re: same unsavory characters and I think constantly about her driving all F***** up in a car the has my name on it.

Just trying to figure out how much I'll have to pay her. :(
Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #19
VTXrider

So I got my key back from my soon to be ex. I'm wondering if that makes my car safe. I assume this isn't a key that can be copied at any Home Depot or something like that? Could they walk into any dealer and have a key made without any paperwork? What about the transmitter? I assume these are more punks than professional thieves.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #20
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
So I got my key back from my soon to be ex. I'm wondering if that makes my car safe. I assume this isn't a key that can be copied at any Home Depot or something like that? Could they walk into any dealer and have a key made without any paperwork? What about the transmitter? I assume these are more punks than professional thieves.
If you are really concerned, just go have the dealer reprogram both fobs to a different frequency. $100-$125 is cheap for the peace of mind.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
UnEasy Rider

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I had to provide proof of ownership to get a replacement key.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Any harm from too many fuse pulls?

Quote:
I have been pulling my 5 & 20 fuses every time I park my car recently and am wondering if this could cause anything negative to the car. It doesn't seem to me like it would but just thought I'd ask some opinions.
Yes. Several. Among them "Repetitive Motion Syndrome" and a nervous "tic"
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Now don't quote me but you can only have 2 fobs working on our cars at the same time and you must have the vehicle to reprogram a fob/key, well at the least the "legitimate" way.

For ease of mind, like 40years said, go have them re-programmed at the dealer to ensure these are the only 2 that work on your Camaro.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #24
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
I have been pulling my 5 & 20 fuses every time I park my car recently and am wondering if this could cause anything negative to the car. It doesn't seem to me like it would but just thought I'd ask some opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Just do it til you need glasses
"Do it 'til you're satisfied."
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #25
Hyena

Drives: 2013 1LT RS CRT
Quote:
if her name is on the title,registration or ins. card she could get a key for it,as long as she brings in one of those.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #26
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Too bad the key fob doesn't work on people.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #27
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Quote:
No these cannot be copied at a Home Depot. And at least at the dealership I work for the keys are ordered directly from GM using your VIN, meaning she would need the cars VIN to get another one. And even after that she would need the car physically present to program the fob. The Fob needs to be programmed in order for the buttons to work with the vehicle or for it to start the vehicle. However the key portion would be cut to fit that vehicles door lock cylinder and would allow access into the vehicle.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #28
VTXrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
No these cannot be copied at a Home Depot. And at least at the dealership I work for the keys are ordered directly from GM using your VIN, meaning she would need the cars VIN to get another one. And even after that she would need the car physically present to program the fob. The Fob needs to be programmed in order for the buttons to work with the vehicle or for it to start the vehicle. However the key portion would be cut to fit that vehicles door lock cylinder and would allow access into the vehicle.
Thanks.

She is not on title of the car and did not have physical control of the car at any time. Good thing about her not driving stick! I'm gong to assume I'm safe, if not.... Hey, Progressive!!!