Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
KING_DJ

Drives: 2014 RAM HEMI
I AM SO MAD

I drive a 1LT Camaro v6 2013 LFX engine. I just purchased the car on December 19th last year of 2012. I heard some gurgling noise behind the glove box and I decided I would read up on the information I might find on the camaro5 fourm (which is this fourm) and of course I find it. Thank you. So I decided to print the problem and explain to the service guys and they tell me they know exactly what it is and I also showed this the TBS number. They schedule me with an appointment and I am excited to resolve this issue and the day finally arrives and I jump in my car and drive on down to the dealer and they accept my keys and take the car to get service. I sit for 3 hours and this whole time I am excited it is being fixed just to be told they don't have time today because they ran into some more problems. I wasted 3 hours in the waiting room for nothing, are you serious? They tell me they will need to make another appointment and I accept, this time instead of 9am it will be 1 week letter at 2pm and I schedule the appointment and wait till that days arrives. Second chance going through this I head down to the dealer and walk to the service and he tells me they are so busy they do not have time today and they need to reschedule, I am thinking are you really serious? You didn't have time to call me at home and save my gas!!

Well now I reschedule again about 4 days later and I show up and they take my car to get worked on and notice some other pieces from the factory are not on the car. Some panels they claim around the heater core and they need those parts also and some other stuff. They say AGAIN they will call me back when everything is sent in and will have it worked on after I sat for 2 hours again. I wait and wait at home so long they never called! Three (3) weeks go by and I notice I need an oil change so I call to get my oil change and they tell me they notice I have not received helped for my gurgling noise and to come in the day after Christmas which I do and once again they take my car back to be properly fixed and I am waiting happily ( I have excellent patience) only to be told are you older than 21? I reply yes, and they reply back lets get you in a rental. Your car requires to much work. Again, after I sat for 2 hours and 30 minutes! Now I am sitting in a Chevy 2014 LT impala

What is so hard about changing the valve heater core to stop gurgling noise! I don't even want my car no more. I feel they are messing my car up! It is not the same anymore!!

My Camaro friends please help me. I NEED YOU!!!

UPDATE as of 12/27/2013= My problem has been fixed! Installed was a CHECK VALVE IN HEATER HOSE

Last edited by KING_DJ; 12-27-2013 at 05:10 PM.
KING_DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Huh, well that does sound frustrating. I know the car needed fixing. All I can say is after the second "we don't have time" I would have been tempted to tell them don't worry about it, I'd go somewhere else.

However, there's one Chevy dealership close to me that sucks and the next one is an hour away. So I feel your pain a little. I cringe at the thought of having to go back there so much that I'm going to schedule my windshield replacement(cracked) at a dealership in Atlanta(3 hours away) on one of my trips over there.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING_DJ View Post

I drive a 1LT Camaro v6 2013 LFX engine. I just purchased the car on December 19th last year of 2012. I heard some gurgling noise behind the glove box and I decided I would read up on the information I might find on the camaro5 fourm (which is this fourm) and of course I find it. Thank you. So I decided to print the problem and explain to the service guys and they tell me they know exactly what it is and I also showed this the TBS number. They schedule me with an appointment and I am excited to resolve this issue and the day finally arrives and I jump in my car and drive on down to the dealer and they accept my keys and take the car to get service. I sit for 3 hours and this whole time I am excited it is being fixed just to be told they don't have time today because they ran into some more problems. I wasted 3 hours in the waiting room for nothing, are you serious? They tell me they will need to make another appointment and I accept, this time instead of 9am it will be 1 week letter at 2pm and I schedule the appointment and wait till that days arrives. Second chance going through this I head down to the dealer and walk to the service and he tells me they are so busy they do not have time today and they need to reschedule, I am thinking are you really serious? You didn't have time to call me at home and save my gas!!

Well now I reschedule again about 4 days later and I show up and they take my car to get worked on and notice some other pieces from the factory are not on the car. Some panels they claim around the heater core and they need those parts also and some other stuff. They say AGAIN they will call me back when everything is sent in and will have it worked on after I sat for 2 hours again. I wait and wait at home so long they never called! Three (3) weeks go by and I notice I need an oil change so I call to get my oil change and they tell me they notice I have not received helped for my gurgling noise and to come in the day after Christmas which I do and once again they take my car back to be properly fixed and I am waiting happily ( I have excellent patience) only to be told are you older than 21? I reply yes, and they reply back lets get you in a rental. Your car requires to much work. Again, after I sat for 2 hours and 30 minutes! Now I am sitting in a Chevy 2014 LT impala

What is so hard about changing the valve heater core to stop gurgling noise! I don't even want my car no more. I feel they are messing my car up! It is not the same anymore!!

My Camaro friends please help me. I NEED YOU!!!
I was thinking you have excellent patience and then I read exactly that, lol. but WTF ugh! sounds like you need to call GM customer service and talk to the service manager. You shouldn't have an appointment and they tell you after three hours of waiting they couldn't fix the problem and especially not three appointments for the same thing with the same excuse for not getting the work done. they set up the appointments each time for the time and date. you only agreed to them so they shouldn't have an excuse saying they didn't have enough time or they need more parts. they should have noticed they needed more parts during the first appointment or gave you a rental that first day.
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awill View Post
I was thinking you have excellent patience and then I read exactly that, lol. but WTF ugh! sounds like you need to call GM customer service and talk to the service manager. You shouldn't have an appointment and they tell you after three hours of waiting they couldn't fix the problem and especially not three appointments for the same thing with the same excuse for not getting the work done. they set up the appointments each time for the time and date. you only agreed to them so they shouldn't have an excuse saying they didn't have enough time or they need more parts. they should have noticed they needed more parts during the first appointment or gave you a rental that first day.
Good thoughts. Good answer. Yeah, they should honor the appointments unless it's extreme circumstances.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Awill
Married

definitely call GM customer service and let your voice be heard. that's why they give you the number to let them know your complaints and praises. even if you do it after they fix it, let them know anyway. it could save you and others future headaches. remember how upset you are let them know.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
Awill
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Good thoughts. Good answer. Yeah, they should honor the appointments unless it's extreme circumstances.
thanks. absolutely they should. I got so upset just reading the op. I love great customer service and hate crappy service. it seems from them asking if the op is over 21 that the op must be young and they don't seem to think they can get away with it. not cool
Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Trash the dealer in the GM survey
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #8
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
gurgling noise

Welcome to my world My first heater core lasted 14,000 miles. To this day I still get gurgling noises and I replaced my heater core in July 2011. GM gave me a extended warranty this summer for 24 months or till my car rolls 62,000. She has 37,000 on her and she is still going strong I have been to numerous dealers and no answers either?????
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #9
KING_DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awill View Post
thanks. absolutely they should. I got so upset just reading the op. I love great customer service and hate crappy service. it seems from them asking if the op is over 21 that the op must be young and they don't seem to think they can get away with it. not cool
Exactly and I am 23 years old. My parents are going down tomorrow for backup!

Thank you guys for understanding
Old 12-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
Awill
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING_DJ View Post
Exactly and I am 23 years old. My parents are going down tomorrow for backup!

Thank you guys for understanding
absolutely. Hallelujah, i can't say I've had any major issues with mine and i pray that i don't. i definitely know how it is to have an issue with getting something fixed that shouldn't need fixing.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #11
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
What is a "gurgling" noise? I am about to take mine I for heater noises as well but mine sounds like cd is skipping in a Walkman or something definitely not a gurgling. Mines not high pitched. I'm at 26k...
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #12
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Is this a V6 thing or are all cars having issues with it?

Last edited by mikeyg36; 12-27-2013 at 01:33 AM.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #13
Awill
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Is this a V6 thing or are all cars having issues wit it?
i haven't had this issue and I'm at around 46k.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #14
KING_DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
What is a "gurgling" noise? I am about to take mine I for heater noises as well but mine sounds like cd is skipping in a Walkman or something definitely not a gurgling. Mines not high pitched. I'm at 26k...
Coming from behind the glove box area sounds like bb's in water. It makes a nosie like some pins when you hit high rpms around 3k or 4k