Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #71
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
If I where you i would wait until a turbo comes out, and then see what other mods the turbo supplier recommends to dail in. Then you will reach your goal and also out run some if these V-8 blow hards at the same time. Good Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
Yes the SS is awesome, has tons of potential and has the goods right out of the gate. Got it. But why not tweak the v6 if that's what you have?

I have yet to hear anyone who has ridden in my car tell me how slow or weak-kneed it is. For a 6, this thing hauls, so why not try to improve it further? I don't see a lot of the SS owners riding their fellow v8 drivers about the superchargers and turbos. I mean, aren't the stock v8 cars fast enough?

I don't plan to break the bank with performance mods... yet. Maybe in a couple/few years when TT kits are well-tested and I am ready for a change of pace. Would be awesome to have SS power with the mileage of the 6.
Did you read this quote? I was kidding about trading on a v-8.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #72
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Did you read this quote? I was kidding about trading on a v-8.
Honestly, I wasn't commenting on your post
No worries.
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #73
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
Honestly, I wasn't commenting on your post
No worries.
That's cool Just didn't want to offend anyone.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #74
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
That's cool Just didn't want to offend anyone.
I knew you were kidding.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #75
alnajjd

Drives: 2013 v6 Camaro automatic
Hey guys I love your feedback, it was very professional and organized, but after driving this car for I couple days I have decided that before I mmake it more powerfull I need to get some more experience. It was WAY faster than I thought it would be and to be quite honest I have caught myself going 70 ona 45 without even knowing. So I will keep your feedback in mind and in a year or less I will see if I want to make it faster.

What I did decide though is that I want it to have better handling (even though the handling is pretty good), more feel on the road, and maybe a better sound. What do you suggest?
alnajjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #76
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Sound? Run through the gauntlet of exhaust threads here, set a price and pick, lol! There are several options for sound, from the two popular versions of the MRT, to GMPP, to Solo to having something local done, like I did.

For the handling, sway bar and springs. Beef them up, sway bar first, helps with the body roll, and see what happens. I say the sway bar first because springs will more then likely affect ride quality as well as handling, and youmight not want to go that far.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #77
alnajjd

Drives: 2013 v6 Camaro automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Sound? Run through the gauntlet of exhaust threads here, set a price and pick, lol! There are several options for sound, from the two popular versions of the MRT, to GMPP, to Solo to having something local done, like I did.

For the handling, sway bar and springs. Beef them up, sway bar first, helps with the body roll, and see what happens. I say the sway bar first because springs will more then likely affect ride quality as well as handling, and youmight not want to go that far.
I know this is a dumb question but does the roll bar just stop the car from rolling over or does it actually improve handling?
alnajjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #78
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
In simple terms, it resists twisting, thus controlling body roll. The thicker the sway bar, in general, the less twist it will allow the body/frame to do. That will keep the car flatter in corners, or in the very least, help a bunch, lol.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #79
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnajjd View Post
Hey guys I love your feedback, it was very professional and organized, but after driving this car for I couple days I have decided that before I mmake it more powerfull I need to get some more experience. It was WAY faster than I thought it would be and to be quite honest I have caught myself going 70 ona 45 without even knowing. So I will keep your feedback in mind and in a year or less I will see if I want to make it faster.

What I did decide though is that I want it to have better handling (even though the handling is pretty good), more feel on the road, and maybe a better sound. What do you suggest?
The speed really creeps up on you, doesn't it? I have to keep my center display set to speedometer mode all the time or else I stop thinking about it and end up way over the speed limit like you did. My passengers feel the same way - if I'm on an open stretch of road and ask them how fast they think I'm going, they usually underestimate by 10 mph or so.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #80
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnajjd View Post

I would say get a axle-back exhaust system (lower cost than cat.-back).
It will give the car the sound YOU want,+ Look better with larger tips,& no ugly stock muffler in view.
The MRT is a good choice IF you want it LOUD, if not then : SLP,Magnaflow Borla to name a few.
Listen to the clips it will help but, if you could hear it in person that is the BEST way to tell.

As far as better handling I can't see that need at all unless, you are going to do some road racing......

97one is offline   Reply With Quote