Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Putting on an Injen tonight!

I'm stoked!!! I found a Injen Tuned Cold Air intake on Craigslist for $150. I rushed down and grabbed it before someone else did. Putting it on tonight. Any install recommendations or tips?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Nice, tips...Disconnect the negative on the battery before install!
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:56 AM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Very cool. Is it the long tube INJEN? Easy to install. Did you get the instructions with it? Tip. Raise the front end and take the front drivers tire off. Remove the wheel liner screws and pull this back to expose the stock wiper bottle Take the time to paint it if you choose to go that route.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
bandier
Got mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
Nice, tips...Disconnect the negative on the battery before install!
Well... I didn't check this until my install was done. and no I didn't disconnect the negative. I haven't started it yet. I was just checking the torque specs for putting the rim back on. Should I be worried? Damn I wish I checked this earlier. Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Very cool. Is it the long tube INJEN? Easy to install. Did you get the instructions with it? Tip. Raise the front end and take the front drivers tire off. Remove the wheel liner screws and pull this back to expose the stock wiper bottle Take the time to paint it if you choose to go that route.
Yes, it's the long tube! I'm gonna stick with the Black matte finish. but Wow, your's looks fantastic!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
bandier
Got mine!

Started her up with no problems. On acceleration the sound improvement was enough to make me whoop for joy and excite me in places that should not be mentioned. Man, what a beautiful roar came from her. Throw in the added horsepower and this intake scores an A+ in my book. Hell yeah!

Thank goodness, no noticeable effects of not disconnecting the battery. Should I still do this to reset the computer or anything?
Old 03-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Putting on an Injen tonight!

Might want to consider a rain bonnet for the filter. Some have had issues with running a long tube in the rain and water getting sucked up. I had one on mine and it actually kept the filter clean and the bonnet was easy to clean.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Well... I didn't check this until my install was done. and no I didn't disconnect the negative. I haven't started it yet. I was just checking the torque specs for putting the rim back on. Should I be worried? Damn I wish I checked this earlier. Please advise.

Yes, it's the long tube! I'm gonna stick with the Black matte finish. but Wow, your's looks fantastic!

thank - you.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Started her up with no problems. On acceleration the sound improvement was enough to make me whoop for joy and excite me in places that should not be mentioned. Man, what a beautiful roar came from her. Throw in the added horsepower and this intake scores an A+ in my book. Hell yeah!

Thank goodness, no noticeable effects of not disconnecting the battery. Should I still do this to reset the computer or anything?

No, don't bother, it will self learn. I did not disconnect mine either. It is in the instructions to help with the learning process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Might want to consider a rain bonnet for the filter. Some have had issues with running a long tube in the rain and water getting sucked up. I had one on mine and it actually kept the filter clean and the bonnet was easy to clean.

GREAT POINT. I have one and would not consider running without one.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
bandier
Got mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I'll pick one up... but I'm in San Diego. It like more or less NEVER rains here. If I put one on does it reduce any incoming air flow? It seems like it would.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
You might have some problems after a car wash. Mine will start and shut down right away if the water gets on it. Starts right back up with no problems. Freaks you out the first time, Rain shield is a good precaution.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #10
bandier
Got mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
You might have some problems after a car wash. Mine will start and shut down right away if the water gets on it. Starts right back up with no problems. Freaks you out the first time, Rain shield is a good precaution.
Ya I would freak out without knowing that. Thanks for the heads up.