Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
respawn

Drives: 2010 Syn Green LE Camaro
Question Synergy Green - your opinion? (updated with pic)

Hello all,

I have been in and out of the Camaro market for quite some time now. I was close to putting a $500 deposit down way back in early 2009, but felt weary of it and decided to hold off. After reading all the horror stories of people being extorted for more money for their cars and the dealer's kids getting forum members long awaited Camaros... I was glad I didnt bother.

So fast forward almost a year, I read about this Synergy Green Limited Edition coming out early 2010. It completely renewed my interest. Albeit a somewhat odd reason -- my wife has a 2006 Envy Green Limited Edition Xb which looks almost like the same color as the Synergy green. It would be cool to have 2 limited edition green vehicles in my carport (I dont love green, I prefer blue, but her car has grown on me).

So anyway, when I was looking I had decided I wanted a 2LT RS, but I see this new limited edition only comes in 1LT non-RS. Why is that?! Do you think that is a big deal? I need to refresh what options I would be missing out on.

More importantly, I called a dealer today (not the same one I dealt with previously) and he said they just got whiff of the new edition today and I could be the first order of "this extremely limited availabilty". That I could put down $500 and put one on order. Man, that sounds awesome, but I hate to get burned... has the demand gone down enough that this is no longer a concern? Do you think the demand on this limited edition will be high (especially considering the not so mainstream color and weird trim requirement)?

He is getting back to me with a price. What should I EXPECT to be paying?

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance!

G

updated with a pic I found on my pc of my wife's XB

Last edited by respawn; 01-06-2010 at 10:42 AM.
respawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I like the Synergy Green color, but I would not get a 6 cyl.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
respawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I like the Synergy Green color, but I would not get a 6 cyl.
Granted I respect that opinion, but I have read enough that convinced me I would be happy with a V6... I drove a '74 Nova for five years until Katrina, and currently drive a 4 cylinder Mitsi Lancer... I'm past my prime and would rather not spend $$$ on power I will never use. I am happy with the pickup my Lancer has, so I am sure I would be happy with a V6 Camaro... not to mention cheaper in so many ways (sales price, gas/octane price, and insurance).
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
amazing color, unbleievable stupid restrictions
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by respawn View Post
Granted I respect that opinion, but I have read enough that convinced me I would be happy with a V6... I drove a '74 Nova for five years until Katrina, and currently drive a 4 cylinder Mitsi Lancer... I'm past my prime and would rather not spend $$$ on power I will never use. I am happy with the pickup my Lancer has, so I am sure I would be happy with a V6 Camaro... not to mention cheaper in so many ways (sales price, gas/octane price, and insurance).
My friend the 2001 Z/28 only had 310 HP. Go ahead and get it, but be carefull that v 6 packs a punch
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Why is that?! Do you think that is a big deal?
Here is the thread about it: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54917

Quote:
Regarding the 1LT availability of Synergy Green, John Fitzpatrick shared this with me:

We spent a considerable amount of time discussing whether to make the Synergy Green available on a 1SS models. Our original goal was to create a special edition model that would broaden Camaro's reach and stand out in the crowd, while delivering our unique looks and fun to drive qualities at a tremendous value for our customers (with a MSRP that starts well under $30,000).

In the end, the V6 LT model best fit these goals.
It's a big deal if you want the RS package.

Quote:
I need to refresh what options I would be missing out on.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59111
Quote:
Includes 20" x 8" front and 20" x 9" rear flangeless, painted aluminum wheels with Midnight Silver finish, body-color roof ditch molding, high intensity discharge headlamps and RS unique tail lamps. Also includes rear spoiler.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
I think the Synergy Green color could be really cool, even borderline badass! I have yet to see it in person, so I am reserving my final opinion till i see the color with my own eyes.

I can definitly see the appeal in having another "custom green" car to match your wifes. That'd be pretty cool. But know that you loose the leather option, as well as the back-up sensors. I believe you can still get the Connectivity package and upgraded Boston Acoustics system, but at extra cost. If the cloth interior does not bother you.... then I say go for it. I think you even get the green plastic trim panels, and even green stitching, but just no leather, and no RS package. If that's not a deal-breaker for you, then slap down that $500 ASAP! I think we are too far along into production for dealers to try to cheat people on deposits.

You wont regret it, especially if you've been on the fence for this long. I love my V6 Camaro, and believe me, you will not be disappointed.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
gregus73

Drives: 2010 Blue Challenger R/T
honestly, my favorite color.

but would like to see available as 1SS, as well.
gregus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Hello,

To each his or her own, if you like the color go for it. I personally do not care for the synergy green and would like to have seen a deep emerald green offerring;then again, I had mine painted the color I really wanted after the fact. have fun!

Thanks,

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
robertgss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
honeslty, the RS pack is a big deal to me for the v6. Limiting i to having no leather was stupid, but not as stupid as not offering the RS package.
Does the synergy green edition come with 21s and GFX?
honestly, if you were planning to get a 2LT/RS, i think you would regret not having the RS package down the road.
I dont think there will be that big of a demand for the SGM edition because of its restricitions on trim. I would say to just wait, im sure some dealer will order it and it will sit in a lot. Then you can see it and make your choice. If you can get the RS pack, then i would consider it, but no RS means no TJ91 lol
The SGM does come with green stitching and green panels.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm disappointed to see that this color is limited to the LT. I can only imagine that spreading the use of this paint would reduce costs. It is a great color, but I will not be downgrading my order to have something of this shade in my garage.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
respawn

Dealer got back to me. He wants $500 over MSRP for as the selling price for this limited edition camaro. Seems like I shouldnt be paying more than MSRP... what's the word?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
You shouldn't even pay sticker.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #14
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Unless you just have cash to blow, you should never buy a car for MSRP.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote