Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #981
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Still that is a good pass with that DA. Run that thru the DA calculator and I am sure you will be happy just need to find some cold air to get that good pass without the DA calc.
Yeah corrected it's 13.5 but I don't like corrected numbers since that isn't what my time slip says
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #982
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
The way my car pulls I have no doubt Ill hit 13.85 uncorrected with just this Vararam.

Great job Baylor!
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #983
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Tires used on the pass: Stock Pirelli Rear, Hankook Front
Performance Mods (if any): Injen CAI, MRT V1, ARH LT Headers and Cats, 2.5" Entire System, Trifecta Tune, IAT Relocate, VMax TB
Transmission: A6
Category submitted for: NA
R/T.......... .1027
60'............. 2.1076
330'........... n/a
660'........... 8.9732
660’ mph... 78.81
1000'.......... n/a
1320'.......... 13.8697
1320’ mph….. 99.80
Name of the track: Temple Academy Dragway
Date of pass: 10/21/2010
Weather conditions 75 degrees, 1739 DA

Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #984
FirstCamaro19

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
Holy so many in the thirteens! Congrats to all feels good to know its well capable, I just feel left out on the list now Haha, I hope next year I can pull a 13.xx off cause I know the car could... Then go crazy with somethin special
Next summer will be here before you know it.
Performance: Huron Speed Single Turbo Kit- Turbonetics T76- Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback - Ported Throttle Body - Dyno Tune - DSS One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - BMR 1.4" Lowering Springs -TSP 235/239 Lumpy Stick- Aeromotive A1000 Return Fuel System

Cosmetics: Heritage Grill - LED Dome/License Plate/and Fog Lights -8000K HID Headlight - BMR 4 Point Strut Tower Brace - Forgestar Wheels

Audio: Scosche Dash Kit - Kenwood DNX6990HD w/Nav - Prefabbed Ported Box with 1 12" Alpine Type R - Alpine PDX M12 Amp
FirstCamaro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #985
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro19 View Post
Next summer will be here before you know it.

Yeah man for sure i want it sooner than later!! my cars already parked Lol

If you want to meet up and head down sometime im sure we can make a good day of it next year its cool to go with another Camaro, next year though ill be hoping for 12s.. if i can... 11s

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 AM   #986
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Thanks all - I feel like I'm cheating a bit. You guys are doing all the hard work with testing and research. I'm taking the bits that work and modding my car based on those. Love the forums... Again, thank you to all. These forums are a tresure of information.

Also, on the other site, I posted what I think might be a trick to get better times.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #987
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

My buddy didn't get video of the 13.8x run but did get one of my runs, against a sloooow truck

Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #988
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
My buddy didn't get video of the 13.8x run but did get one of my runs, against a sloooow truck

YIKES!... no way would I be that close to the guard rail!!! Very easy for a car to go up and over!

Nice job on the 13.8 though! DA wasn't that great here today....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #989
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
YIKES!... no way would I be that close to the guard rail!!! Very easy for a car to go up and over!

Nice job on the 13.8 though! DA wasn't that great here today....
Yeah there is no decent track within 1.5-2 hours of Waco. This one is about an hour and is better than the one that is 30 mins away that has grass breaking through the strip at the 1/4 mark. However right when we got to this track on Friday there was a 10 sec car on its roof
Old 10-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #990
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Let me tell you about that track he ran at, Temple/Academy. I've raced there off and on since '93 when I had a '70 Chevelle. The track used to have a pedestrian bridge that went over the track about 300 ft from the start. I've driven through beer cans, ice cream cones, soda cups, all that were dropped from that bridge. You notice how close the guard rail is, well I had a friend with a vega wagon and an injected 427 that bounced his car off the guard rail twice and never let up(5-sec car in the 1/8th). He said if he lifted he would lose. I've seen cars climb over the rail and if they didn't have a chain-link fence they'd have ended deep in the stands. One of the first times I went there an El Camino was running and the guy had his windows cracked(Hot day). Well it wasn't good when the back window came sailing out and smashed against one of the light poles. I also saw a guy with a nitrous kit on his bike have a nitrous explosion and blow him off that bike while he was hauling the mail. This was the track that I was at last spring when they had a track stoppage and a guy climbed out of his rat-rod wearing his helmet, tank top, shorts and flip flops. I once took a '67 Camaro there and they never had me pop the trunk or hood at tech but they did have me pull my trim rings from my rally wheels.
And I love going there.
Sorry, missed you this weekend, Baylor(still trying to move). The weather report is looking better for this weekend.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #991
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Let me tell you about that track he ran at, Temple/Academy. I've raced there off and on since '93 when I had a '70 Chevelle. The track used to have a pedestrian bridge that went over the track about 300 ft from the start. I've driven through beer cans, ice cream cones, soda cups, all that were dropped from that bridge. You notice how close the guard rail is, well I had a friend with a vega wagon and an injected 427 that bounced his car off the guard rail twice and never let up(5-sec car in the 1/8th). He said if he lifted he would lose. I've seen cars climb over the rail and if they didn't have a chain-link fence they'd have ended deep in the stands. One of the first times I went there an El Camino was running and the guy had his windows cracked(Hot day). Well it wasn't good when the back window came sailing out and smashed against one of the light poles. I also saw a guy with a nitrous kit on his bike have a nitrous explosion and blow him off that bike while he was hauling the mail. This was the track that I was at last spring when they had a track stoppage and a guy climbed out of his rat-rod wearing his helmet, tank top, shorts and flip flops. I once took a '67 Camaro there and they never had me pop the trunk or hood at tech but they did have me pull my trim rings from my rally wheels.
And I love going there.
Sorry, missed you this weekend, Baylor(still trying to move). The weather report is looking better for this weekend.

Dang man that's crazy. Like I said, when we got there no one was ligned up and I thought what the heck is going on. Turned out a 10 sec car was flipped on its roof. I didn't see it but the guard rails looked fine and I think he was OK.

Anyways I think I'm going to try and make it out Friday again.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #992
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Ok, I've come to realize that the Las Vegas Motor Speedway is just a very slow track. At least on open nights. We had 11 Camaros show up, 10 SS's, and my v6. Not one SS that wasn't boosted could go faster than 14.1. Most went 14.4ish. The fastest was a SC'd SS who went 12.2 with lightweight 18" rims all around and DR's. Anyway, I'm going to try to make it out to a test and tune night, which is supposed to be prepped better, once I get my nitrous dialed in right. Still getting a choppy dyno reading.

So this is what I could do with what I have:

Manual transmission

Tires used on the pass: Stock SS rims and Pirelli tires
Performance Mods (if any): Injen CAI, Vmax TB, BBK LT, Corsa catback, Hurst SS, BMR trailing arms and bushings, Zex 100shot nitrous, Trifecta tune
Category submitted for: Boosted
R/T.......... .947
60'............. 2.396
330'........... 6.126
660'........... 9.164
660’ mph... 81.62mph
1000'.......... 11.734
1320'.......... 13.887
1320’ mph… 104.88mph
Name of the track: LVMS
Date of pass: 10/21/11
Weather conditions: (include Density Altitude, if known): 3242 feet
Old 10-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #993
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
In regards to my 60' time, I know it sucks. Lol. I don't have a window switch, so I don't want to smash the gas too early. Next time i'm at the track, I'm going to run no nitrous, and dump the clutch at around 2.5-3k rpm to see if my rpms stay above the recommended rpm to spray. This way I'll be spraying right out the gate. Ideally I'd like to get my window switch put in, but I'm having a hard time getting time in at the shop that did my install. I may try to install it on my own.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to point out that other mustang GT's and c5 vettes were stuck in the 14's as well.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #994
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
In regards to my 60' time, I know it sucks. Lol. I don't have a window switch, so I don't want to smash the gas too early. Next time i'm at the track, I'm going to run no nitrous, and dump the clutch at around 2.5-3k rpm to see if my rpms stay above the recommended rpm to spray. This way I'll be spraying right out the gate. Ideally I'd like to get my window switch put in, but I'm having a hard time getting time in at the shop that did my install. I may try to install it on my own.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to point out that other mustang GT's and c5 vettes were stuck in the 14's as well.
Awesome poorman. It will only get better from there, right?
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote