Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Awesome deal.

I saw these and FLIPPED.

I might not be able to get a ZL1, but I can at least wear the cap and shirt.

Shoot. I think dealers need to stock up on these and provide them for free to anyone who purchases a ZL1 from them.

...nice little surprise when the new owner opens the door and gets in.
EXACTLY! I might not be able to afford a new ZL1 right now like I wanted to but you better believe im wearing my new ZL1 Shirt & Hat everyday rain or snow! I am hoping for a new Z28 to be in my future someday though!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Can you tell me a few things about the shirts.

1)Are the tails kind of short or are they running long (so when they are washed they tend to be a bit short)??

I don't want to get say an XL and have it end up looking like a Large, barely making it below my belt.....

2)Are the sleeves typically short or do they more half length close to elbows?

3) THANKS for getting these!

Thanks!
Can you see the pic above?

First, I haven't seen the shirt in my hands...so I can't answer definitively.

But, it looks to be the same as all the other shirts that Ralph White makes. I can say they don't use crap shirts. They take pride in what they make...good quality stuff.

Length, according to pix, appears to be the same as that of the Night Out shirt and others. Which, to me, means that it won't shrink up to my waist.

Sleeves appear to be mid length.

But the most important factor in all of this, as we all know, is how we wash and dry our clothes. If you wash with hot water and dry with high heat, just about anything is going to shrink. ...do it over and over and it's bound to happen. Just wash and dry according to the tag directions and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Sorry I can't be more specific. All I can say is to look at the pic above and go off of that.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09 View Post
are the hats fitted or velcro in the back or what? I can't find anything that indicates one way or the other...
I don't see them being fitted. That would throw too many problems into the equation. They either have to be velcro back, clasp back, or snap back. I'm asking now. As soon as I get an answer, I'll let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
EXACTLY! I might not be able to afford a new ZL1 right now like I wanted to but you better believe im wearing my new ZL1 Shirt & Hat everyday rain or snow! I am hoping for a new Z28 to be in my future someday though!
WORD!!!

And mark my words, there WILL be a Z28!

(and when it comes out, I'll have a cap and shirt for YOU!)
Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #18
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Holy crap! When did you get that?!?! Or when did you see it?
TAG, these were the hats that Chevy was giving away on stage at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Las Vegas. John Fitzpatrick gave these to my daughter and I for my flying from South Florida to Los Angles and then driving to Las Vegas just to see the only Carbon Flash ZL1 in person. He and the rest of the Chevy staff were great !!! It is the same hat without the embroidery on the sides. But I really like the new T-Shirts, they look great.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
TAG, these were the hats that Chevy was giving away on stage at the Barrett-Jackson Auction in Las Vegas. John Fitzpatrick gave these to my daughter and I for my flying from South Florida to Los Angles and then driving to Las Vegas just to see the only Carbon Flash ZL1 in person. He and the rest of the Chevy staff were great !!! It is the same hat without the embroidery on the sides. But I really like the new T-Shirts, they look great.

THAT IS TOO COOL!

Man, would I would have given to see that carbon flash ZL1 in person...
Old 10-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #20
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6

Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
just ordered mine
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #21
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:

THAT IS TOO COOL!

Man, would I would have given to see that carbon flash ZL1 in person...
TAG, it was a great father -daughter experience together. We will both remember it as a very special day for both of us. The car was truly awesome and I just cannot say enough good things about the entire Chevy staff. They gave us the red/black ZL1 hats but told us that we could not wear them until they gave them away at the auction. I really wanted John's red ZL1 shirt though. I know, being very greedy.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #22
joedirtfxr

Drives: 2010 camaro SS, 2004 silverado SS,
Are these made in canada too!!!!!!!!
joedirtfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #23
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Definitely ordering both
Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #24
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
are the hats fitted or velcro in the back or what? I can't find anything that indicates one way or the other...
The hats are NOT fitted. They use a buckle & strap adjustment in the back to adjust for size.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Ordered both.

The hat might be a little too busy for my tastes, but it'll look good as a display piece in the office.

Agreed. You know, I don't wear actual caps as much as I used to. I'm more of a visor person. But, I just want one of these. I was thinking how cool it would be to get one that would match my current SS...in blue and black with the similar design. I'd LOVE it. for now? ZL1!!! (and I SO can't wait for the Z28!)
Quote:
I just got word they are clasp. We use clasp as well. Why? Quality of the cap itself. We've looked at velcro and snap backs. The overall quality of the cap was much nicer with the clasp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYSLAR View Post
just ordered mine

Quote:
TAG, it was a great father -daughter experience together. We will both remember it as a very special day for both of us. The car was truly awesome and I just cannot say enough good things about the entire Chevy staff. They gave us the red/black ZL1 hats but told us that we could not wear them until they gave them away at the auction. I really wanted John's red ZL1 shirt though. I know, being very greedy.
Meeting the GM team...I know exactly what you mean. I met Scott back in ...2006? Then I got to meet the entire GM team at Indy in 08' at the 5th Gen unveil. I'll never forget it. Scott came running up as I was sitting in the IVER. I KNEW I shouldn't have been in it, but what the heck, right? I didn't drive 1,100 miles NOT to sit in it! He came up asking, "who's in my IVER?!" I don't think he was too happy. Then he saw me, "awe, Doug...."

That was a moment to remember...

That entire GM crew is .... well, I can't even begin to say enough good things about them. They are people...just like us...who have a passion...just like us. I LOVE my current job. But, if I could work with the ZL1 or ANY Camaro on a regular every day basis, I'd cry tears of joy.

I'm so glad you two got the chance to spend that time together. I'm glad you got the chance to meet the team. If you can, you really have to come out to next years Fest at Indy. It's already poised to be the largest Fest we've had thus far. All those that missed it the first year will be there...and all those that wanted to go year number two, but couldn't due to distance, will be there for sure. It's going to be HUGE. Hopefully, our distinguished guests of honor, the GM Camaro team, will be able to make it once again.

And hopefully, you'll have your ZL1 to bring with you as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirtfxr View Post
Are these made in canada too!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Definitely ordering both

Quote:
The hats are NOT fitted. They use a buckle & strap adjustment in the back to adjust for size.
Correct! Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
I really wanted John's red ZL1 shirt though. I know, being very greedy.
Hrm...let me do some looking around.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #28
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Hrm...let me do some looking around.
Thanks, all of the upper management staff were wearing the red ZL1 shirts, they were very cool too.