Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19car69 View Post
Apex will be delivering my resonated X pipe tomorrow. I will probably get the MRT exhaust from them in December. Got a little carried away with purchases over the last month and have to give it month for the next.
Thank you for your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Very easy to do with these cars... We need a support group something like AA maybe MA (Modders Anonymous)
Btw I love my MRT V2.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
I was thinking about this bundle too, but I'm still unsure about the x pipe since i'm not sure what the drone sounds like. If its just regular engine noise, is it really that bad? does the x-pipe do anything else outside of highway cruising speed, 55+mph

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
FY_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
"Drone" by definition is cabin noise from your exhaust while cruising at highway speeds (pretty sure).

IIRC, Chase says it kills the drone, makes the tone a bit deeper and a bit quieter. And x-pipes flow better than h-pipes anyway.

It's the kind of thing where you should do the exhaust first, then if you don't like the drone (or rasp, if you have any) then get the x-pipe.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote