Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #43
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
You should be blessed by your situation.

#1 you didn't kill anyone or yourself.

#2 that would be considered a criminal traffic, misdemeanor around my area

#3 officer could have had your car towed and held
Old 12-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #44
sstnt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS!
Sorry for you and perfectly understand where you are at. Just a few months after I got my car, was in a part of Denver I normally don't go to, merged onto I-70 and punched it up to 75.....about the time I see the speed limit is 50 (who thinks the Limit on an Interstate will be 50!), up jumps a State Cop. Got a ticket for 25 over (AH wouldn't drop it at all). Had to go to court at night in Denver (I live abgout 40 minutes away). Didn't have ANY other tickets. Got charged $250, paid it. Upped my insurance a bit when it hit. Whole thing probably cost me a grand.

Some places are just speed traps waiting to happen....sounds like you got caught in one.
$$ down on dealer car #3466, pending Pw: 6-10-2009
Car Picked up by Shipper: 6-22-2009
Car has ARRIVED: 6-24-2009 (and she's a beauty!)
Old 12-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #45
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Dang, hope it was fun at least. Over here 20+ is reckless and if you double the speed limit or go 90+ it's a felony charge... I would at least meet with a lawyer if you can, and take the defensive driving course to get +5 points on your record before the judge mandates it (you'd get 0 points then)

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #46
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Thats crazy. Why so fast? My fiancé was a deputy in Florida. He said you're ticket is gonna be about 500 bucks, mandatory traffic school plus court costs so you're going to be out about $800. He said if this is your first offense you'll likely get to keep your license, if its not they'll take them. I agree with the cop, slow down.

Florida is very easy going when it comes to this. Here in Indiana over 20 is reckless driving, over 30 you're going to jail and your car impounded.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #47
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Get a Lawyer, prayer for judgement - A PJC is a guilty plea that is technically not entered on your criminal or driving record. It does show up on your record, but the advantage is that it may not result in driving points or higher insurance premiums. If you have a subsequent violation, though, the original guilty plea can be entered and you'd have to deal with the effects of that. So essentially it means "keep your nose clean and we'll ignore it this time".
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Old 12-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #48
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Well that just means you were slower then the people that didn't get pulled over. JK. Sorry to hear it good luck at court.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #49
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
just yesterday i pressed hard when entering freeway at 3am thinking noone is coming behind i was going from 20 to about 50 in two seconds (60mph zone) then suddenly someone throws spotlights on my car.. it was highway patrol coming behind me.. but he didnt get behind my ass just calmed me down lol and i just stepped off the accelerater until he passed me and got off my sight ahead.. made me drive very careful back home!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #50
harryzhere

Drives: Victory Red 2013 "HERO" 2LT
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Got one word for you waze the best gps and others drivers tell you where the cops are.
This ! It helped me at-least a dozen times on my trip during thanksgiving, of around 2000+ miles !
Waze, it is ! We can all join and start a Camaro5 group in there too !
Old 12-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #51
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Well I agree that you got to pay to play but everyone here who ripping the guy for speeding is probabaly guilty of speeding themselves. If you never took your camaro over the speed limit then you bought the wrong car. The Toyota dealer has a Prius waiting for you. Dude you bought a Camaro. It goes fast. Just pick a safe place to run it and stay away from populated areas when you do. And watch out for the kiddies.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #52
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Well I agree that you got to pay to play but everyone here who ripping the guy for speeding is probabaly guilty of speeding themselves. If you never took your camaro over the speed limit then you bought the wrong car. The Toyota dealer has a Prius waiting for you. Dude you bought a Camaro. It goes fast. Just pick a safe place to run it and stay away from populated areas when you do. And watch out for the kiddies.
Right, but we aren't the ones caught with the ticket, and if we were we would take the consequences.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #53
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Speeding and reckless driving/ endangerment are 2 different things, 5-10mph over the posted limit is a hell of alot different than 44mph over.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #54
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Got one word for you waze the best gps and others drivers tell you where the cops are.
That's like, 18 words....

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Old 12-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #55
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Luckily you live in Florida where traffic laws for speeding aren't very strict. In Georgia you would lose your license for at least six months and go to jail. You got off lucky. Just get a lawyer and man up and pay what's due.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #56
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
DUH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Speeding and reckless driving/ endangerment are 2 different things, 5-10mph over the posted limit is a hell of alot different than 44mph over.
Yeah, what he said.
I mean we are all guilty of breaking the speed limit. I personally have nothing but pure unadulterated contempt for the speed limits, but i am never doing double the limit.
You were going 44 over. You are so very lucky you were not arrested for reckless driving.
I personally would have hammered you, and then depending on your attitude might hit you with a few additional fines.

You F-d around, you got caught, man up and own it, get a lawyer and pray