Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-03-2015, 11:22 PM   #57
casakal

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS
It don't think it stops it. It also matters what pressure you set your system at. If you're riding really low, it does get bouncy. If you're riding with really high pressure, the ride is pretty stiff. At the ride height I liked (about 2 inches lower than stock), I found it to ride as good as or better than stock.
casakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:59 PM   #58
Assassinx1

Drives: Corvettec5
Hi and what about playing with the shocks rebound and compression adjustments can you change the bouncy ess to be slower or softer?
Assassinx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #59
Jeremy@AirLift

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Like Casakal said, a lot of it depends on what air pressure you have in the air bags. Yes you can also adjust the damping to fine tune the ride quality.
Jeremy@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #60
mattj0078

Drives: 14 ss convertible
Has anyone seen this install done on a convertible? I am looking at buying the system but I am unsure of the amount of space in the trunk. I need to know what size tank I can run.

The majority of the trunk is taken up where the top lets down.
mattj0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #61
Marcotropolis

Drives: 2014 2SS camaro
Trunk set Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by casakal View Post
Hey, all. I've got a lot to say about this new system. I'm hopeful that my experience might help others understand that with this suspension you can have your cake and eat it too.

A few days ago I had an Air Lift Performance suspension system installed on my 2010 SS. I never really considered air before; my plan was to go with coil-overs. Not that I would really need coil-overs. I wanted to lower the car, and coil-overs seemed like the trick way to go. Ajustable, race-inspired, etc...

I checked out all of my options like I'm sure many of my fellow Camaro owners do. After hearing what the guys at Air Lift Performance had to offer, I felt like this system - if it did what was promised - would be give me everything I wanted: great performance, a killer stance that didn't lock me into a static, driveway-scraping drop, and ride quality at least as good as OEM.

Being that I've only run with the system a couple of days, my experience can be considered first impressions.

The Look
First of all, if I'm being honest, looks are at least as important to me as performance. Yes, my close racer/hot-rodder friends will probably disown me for saying that. They're motto is "if it doesn't make the car faster, it doesn't belong". That being said, I was amazed to hear the extremely positive comments from them about the looks. It can't be denied: A dropped Camaro is a sight to behold.

How low do you like it? The system accommodates what you want. Up to 4" lower than stock. Ok, you're not going to DRIVE it that low. There is something very cool about dropping it on the ground at the local cruise night. Passers-by agree. (BTW -- putting it on the floor can be very addictive.) When I'm ready to leave I start the car, it AUTOMATICALLY goes to my preset "sweet-spot" right height, and I'm off and away.

The Performance
Impressed so far. It appears that air systems have come a long way - especially this one from Air Lift. I think it's billed as being the latest and greatest; I'm certainly not an expert on the evolution of these systems, but I can tell you that my preconceptions about their performance were way off.

I can't give you a definitive answer because I need more seat time, and I want to give it a good workout at the track before I'm comfortable reporting in more detail. I can say that it feels every bit as controlled as OEM - I would go so far as to say it feels more controlled than stock. I had it at the track before the system, so I'll do a follow-up with the "after" to see what it's capable of. Stay tuned on this topic...

The Ride Quality
Not "mushy" (another preconception), equal or better than stock (again, I need more seat time), seems to handle bumps in the road better AND stay under control. I remember seeing old-school kits that had the car and driver bouncing oddly as they went down the road. Not with THIS system. Another evolution I suppose.

I share all of this because I know there are others like me that want the same things I do. There's not a lot out there about this system. It's kind of a well-hidden secret in my opinion. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, and I will definitely post updates to let you know about the performance at the track.
I'm getting ready to install my bags and system can I please see your trunk setup
Marcotropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #62
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotropolis View Post
I'm getting ready to install my bags and system can I please see your trunk setup
Go to post #16...
Old 05-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #63
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Im looking into this aswell, whats the price tho?
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #64
Jeremy@AirLift

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
Im looking into this aswell, whats the price tho?
For the best possible pricing, you will want to check with one of our dealers. https://www.airliftperformance.com/dealer-locator/
Jeremy@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #65
2mas

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2010
Control

Hi,
What air ride control systems are you using?
Digital with sensors or pressure?

Please PM me for pricing. 01536.

/Thomas

Last edited by 2mas; 03-19-2016 at 07:40 PM.
2mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #66
scooby1361

Drives: 2016 1SS Camaro Hyper Blue
Hey Jeremy. Anything offered for the 16 SS?
scooby1361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #67
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Air

What part of the internals would wear out faster? Is it because of lubrication?

When V-8s were first introduced, old timers said they wouldn't work because gravity would wear out the underside of the pistons. Every flat or V engine proved them wrong. (just some random BS I heard somewhere)
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:07 PM   #68
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
I know this post is quite old, but looking to see what tire and wheel combos people are running with the AirLift Performance air ride kits.

My factory 21's blew out my front bags within 1 mile, but I cant believe a kit would be designed around having to p[purchase new wheels and tires just to make it fit.

So what combos have you run without any problems?
Old 01-07-2021, 06:21 PM   #69
CT23

Drives: 13' ZL1 M6
Don't have any miles yet, but running factory ZL1 20X10 from with 285/35 and 20x11 rear with 305/35 don't seem to have any clearance issues. On the front, I did adjust the factory camber bolt to give clearance away from the bag.
L.O.D. X1 intake and fuel rails, AGP twin turbo kit with Garret turbos GTX3076r .82ar 57/57,Tial 38mm waste gates, Tial Q 50mm bov, Fore duel fuel pump (twin Walbro 430lph) Fuelab 6 micron inline filter, AUS 1400cc injectors, NGK BR7 spark plugs, GP Tuning stg 2 TT cam, ARP headstuds, BTR valve springs and push rods, Smith Bro's brass trunnion upgrade, Monster LT1-S triple clutch, GFB GForce 3 boost controller, SJM line lock, Lingenfelter LNC-2001 2step, PLX module with Bosch O2 wideband, 800ish whp on 92 @ 14psi, 900ish whp on E60 @ 20psi
CT23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:35 AM   #70
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Any miles yet.
Got new bags, but have factory tires and wheels on to make clear.
Did you have enough camber adjustment with that camber bolt turned out.

Oh and what pressure and rebound settings are you running.

I am convertible so I may have to adjust slightly.