Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #85
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
I have a feeling a lot of what this kid posts is a lie, he is probably trolling...ok sure daddy coulda gave him a V6 camaro with a swapped bumper but lets be honest the price is starting to stretch the truth..."oh no i have a scratched bumper, my car is ruined" i dout someone is gonna sell a great condition 2010 camaro for 8K unless there was honestly something wrong with it...the car is probably a V8 with some work under the hood from daddy, the car most likely isnt owned by this kid but owned by his father which is why the pic has it parked in the garage (not dads nice expensive car) this is just a highschooler lookin for attention (trust me ive seen ppl in highschool take pics of cars and claim that its theirs) how about thisput some proof its urs and i woulnt troll you anymore...bet if ur daddy knew he would ground you and take away ur internet rights lol
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #86
er0senn1n

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
I have a feeling a lot of what this kid posts is a lie, he is probably trolling...ok sure daddy coulda gave him a V6 camaro with a swapped bumper but lets be honest the price is starting to stretch the truth..."oh no i have a scratched bumper, my car is ruined" i dout someone is gonna sell a great condition 2010 camaro for 8K unless there was honestly something wrong with it...the car is probably a V8 with some work under the hood from daddy, the car most likely isnt owned by this kid but owned by his father which is why the pic has it parked in the garage (not dads nice expensive car) this is just a highschooler lookin for attention (trust me ive seen ppl in highschool take pics of cars and claim that its theirs) how about thisput some proof its urs and i woulnt troll you anymore...bet if ur daddy knew he would ground you and take away ur internet rights lol
I will take a picture of the engine so you can verify its a v6. If i wanted attention the name of the thread would be like "Yo guys got a camaro check it out" but im just asking a quick question if its worth modding a v6 in the longrun
er0senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #87
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Catch can is a great mod to start out with. The first thing I modded on mine was the exhaust.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #88
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by er0senn1n View Post
My dad has his own business fixing cars for insurances, so he knows how to do body work and mechanic. So he added the lines to the car and also added the SS bumpter into it but its the V6. I really want a v8 though
Looks like it had some front end work done to it. The GM shipping stickers are visible.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #89
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
I will take a picture of the engine so you can verify its a v6. If i wanted attention the name of the thread would be like "Yo guys got a camaro check it out" but im just asking a quick question if its worth modding a v6 in the longrun
it really all depends on how long you plan on keeping the car. if for 10 years, then yeah, it's worth it. if only 2, then probably not.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #90
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
ignor the sarcasm. I wouldn't get an SS until your 21. Insurance will go down. I imagine insureance for a 17 year old on an SS would be insain. Mods don't effect your insurance costs.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #91
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
ignor the sarcasm. I wouldn't get an SS until your 21. Insurance will go down. I imagine insureance for a 17 year old on an SS would be insain. Mods don't effect your insurance costs.
I thought insurance went down at 24 or 25...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #92
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
just enjoy it. Once you get a job, you can add performance enhancements later. And don't forget to thank your Dad.
THIS .... Your only job right now to worry about is school. And don't forget to thank your parents. I did the same thing with my daughter, bought her a Sky Red line. Her only job is to do good in school. She will be finishing High School with a full AA degree and full ride at USF for another two years starting in the fall.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #93
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
If his dad owns a shop, he buys and sell at auctions all the time. Getting a 2010 for 8k is by no means a stretch, or even less depending on the amount of work that needs to be done.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #94
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Depends on if you want a 14sec car or a 13 sec car.
Pretty easy to do...
I opted for 13 sec.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #95
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Some say just worry about skool. I say enjoy your car now...stickup your parents now for every dollar you can get to mod your car. But yeh..stay in skool, get D's if ts the best you can do. But don't quit. Get that diploma and when you come out go to college and prepare yourself for the ratrace. It may not beabowl of cherries for some so I say get what you can now and enjoy it.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #96
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Enjoy what your parents buy and give you as a gift.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #97
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Yeah I thanked him the same day he got it. Main reason he didn't want to get me a v8 is because of the gas it uses. How much do you guys put a week on your ss?
My 2SS is getting something like 16 mpg right now and that is just fun driving, mostly highway and country road runs. It costs me over $60.00 to fill it up. I've had it a year and put 13,500 miles on it so money money money. The gas stations love me!

Quote:
It has the sunroof, but I find it pointless. I don't even know why people want one.
Nonsense I use my sunroof for many practical reasons. If I want to yell at someone I stick my head out the top and curse people out or wave at the police officers clocking my speed. When some jerk is riding my ass I toss a few pennies or nuts & bolts out the roof so they smack off their windshield. An open top has its uses dude.

As for your original question...yes a V6 is worth spending money on. Despite what my buddy Adam will tell you a V6 Camaro is an extremely cool car. If it were me I'd line up a part time job and kick the HP up a bit just to piss off V8 owners when they see a V6 keeping up with them or mod it with a few cosmetic upgrades to make it a little more my own. Also keep in mind chicks dig it but you're probably better off putting them in the trunk instead of that coffin of a back seat. It'll give you some room to maneuver ya know?

That's what I would do.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #98
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
The V6 has more than enough performance for many people. you don't NEED a V8, especially when you're still in high school and probably have to pay for your own gas. The V6 gets wonderful gas milage.
Will your friends chide you for not having a V8? sure they will, and maybe you will always somehow wish you had a V8.

Keep the V6 for a few years, till you graduate and get a decent job, then you can go buy a V8 either new or used.

yes the V6 can be modded to your hearts content. We have one guy in our Detroit5thGen Camaro club with a V6 putting out 450hp and runs 12.80's at the strip.

Keep the V6, do some cosmetic mods as you can afford them, leave the mechanicals alone for awhile and enjoy.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote