Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Cold air inductions is what I have, great quality. Definitely made a difference in sound and performance.

I noticed instantly that the exhaust/engine tone was throatier.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
In fairness, Cadyshac never mentioned exhaust, although, I always assumed that the more efficient you pull air into the intake, the more exhaust output is heard through increased combustion...
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #17
maxx210

Drives: EVERYTHING BLACK 1SS/RS
I have the Roto-fab. Love it dude. Apex Chase hooked me up with mine. There is a definite change in the sound of the engine when you rev it and accelerate. You also notice some quicker/smoother acceleration. Chase also hooked me up with my exhaust(Stainless Works Retro-Chambered cat-back). I put it on like two weeks after the intake. Car roars on both ends now. hehe
maxx210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #18
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnhardtfan77 View Post
i just put on the cold air inductions intake...and i must say...this intake has to be one of the best quality intakes i have ever purchased...also makes the car sound awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
You will find with a quick search that most on here prefer the CAI intake system.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
CAI and yes it will make it roar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Cold air inductions is what I have, great quality. Definitely made a difference in sound and performance.

I noticed instantly that the exhaust/engine tone was throatier.
These people speak the truth!! Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help! And thank you to all who support and rep our products, we appreciate it very much and will continue to strive to bring you the vest CAI's available!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #19
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
Seach the jannetty intake test it ll give you a idea what numbers these intakes put down. I personally have the airaid and it makes good power. For the price of the airaid compared to others it hangs with the best of them.
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #20
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightymouseSS View Post
Seach the jannetty intake test it ll give you a idea what numbers these intakes put down. I personally have the airaid and it makes good power. For the price of the airaid compared to others it hangs with the best of them.
i wouldnt bet my bottom dollar on that test there have been quite a few others done mainly by the roto fab team and there are quite a few mixed results you know how that goes though haha

imho all the top end intakes out there are pretty close in performance maybe 2-3 horsepower seperation or one performs better in a different part of the powerband but there all relitively close find one thats in your price range you think looks cool and pull the trigger you will be happy with most of them out there i.e Airrad C.A.I roto Fab Vararam ......K&N (i know ppl dont like it but it worked great on my 2nd ss) etc
Old 05-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #21
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyaustin17 View Post
i wouldnt bet my bottom dollar on that test there have been quite a few others done mainly by the roto fab team and there are quite a few mixed results you know how that goes though haha

imho all the top end intakes out there are pretty close in performance maybe 2-3 horsepower seperation or one performs better in a different part of the powerband but there all relitively close find one thats in your price range you think looks cool and pull the trigger you will be happy with most of them out there i.e Airrad C.A.I roto Fab Vararam ......K&N (i know ppl dont like it but it worked great on my 2nd ss) etc
So you're saying that you trust a MANUFACTURER'S intake comparison over a shop that has no dog in the hunt? No one said Teds test was the last word, but it's the best we have to date. I have nothing but respect for RF but test from manufacturers aren't taken well here. We prefer to have independent testing, which the JRE test is. He sells most of the intakes he tested and asked every one of them if they wanted to be included. All the major players except for VR trusted Ted enough to be fair about his testing methods.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #22
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
So you're saying that you trust a MANUFACTURER'S intake comparison over a shop that has no dog in the hunt? No one said Teds test was the last word, but it's the best we have to date. I have nothing but respect for RF but test from manufacturers aren't taken well here. We prefer to have independent testing, which the JRE test is. He sells most of the intakes he tested and asked every one of them if they wanted to be included. All the major players except for VR trusted Ted enough to be fair about his testing methods.
man you are a negative nancy on this forum read my comment closely i said after that " you know how that goes" as to indicate it was the manufacturer testing but thats not the only test to date with varying results ... why dont you go argue with a wall or something instead of being so negative in every comment on this forum

^^^^^^
Old 05-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #23
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
man you are a negative nancy on this forum read my comment closely i said after that " you know how that goes" as to indicate it was the manufacturer testing but thats not the only test to date with varying results ... why dont you go argue with a wall or something instead of being so negative in every comment on this forum

^^^^^^
How do you find that i'm being negative? You come in here and try to discredit the most comprehensive CAI test we have and you're calling me negative. Your last sentence about the K&N told me all we need to know about your knowledge of CAI.

For the record, I wasn't negative at you at all. You'll know when I am.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 05-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #24
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
How do you find that i'm being negative? You come in here and try to discredit the most comprehensive CAI test we have and you're calling me negative. Your last sentence about the K&N told me all we need to know about your knowledge of CAI.

For the record, I wasn't negative at you at all. You'll know when I am.
first off i wasnt discrediting teds test results at all i trust him to work on my car thats the last thing i would i was simply stating that there are multiple inividual and manufactures testing that have quite a few varrying results which is going to happen since there are so many variables when it comes to HP/TQ numbers in regards to a CAI's performance on the dyno i was simply trying to state that you should look at more than one individual test that was done nearly 3 years ago and read multiple test that way he could formulate his own opinion based on what he was looking for in an intake .

secondly i dont know why you would try to discredit my knowledge on intakes because i ran one of the most reputable companies in the industry intake on 1 of my 3 camaros i am an individual and like to test and decide my own opinion on things that i run on my vehicles especially when it is such a respected and well known company as K&N. and the fact that i had great performance from it no cel or codes were thrown and it dynoed consistently threw-out the power curve and i gave it a good review in my previous statement if anything shows your ignorance and close minded personality

thirdly if you weren't trying to sound negative im sorry but you come off abrasive and rude in multiple post on this forum . this is supposed to be a place where fellow enthusiast can come share knowledge,stories, experience , and ask questions without fear of persecution and being talked down to like there a child .................
Old 05-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #25
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
first off i wasnt discrediting teds test results at all i trust him to work on my car thats the last thing i would i was simply stating that there are multiple inividual and manufactures testing that have quite a few varrying results which is going to happen since there are so many variables when it comes to HP/TQ numbers in regards to a CAI's performance on the dyno i was simply trying to state that you should look at more than one individual test that was done nearly 3 years ago and read multiple test that way he could formulate his own opinion based on what he was looking for in an intake .

secondly i dont know why you would try to discredit my knowledge on intakes because i ran one of the most reputable companies in the industry intake on 1 of my 3 camaros i am an individual and like to test and decide my own opinion on things that i run on my vehicles especially when it is such a respected and well known company as K&N. and the fact that i had great performance from it no cel or codes were thrown and it dynoed consistently threw-out the power curve and i gave it a good review in my previous statement if anything shows your ignorance and close minded personality

thirdly if you weren't trying to sound negative im sorry but you come off abrasive and rude in multiple post on this forum . this is supposed to be a place where fellow enthusiast can come share knowledge,stories, experience , and ask questions without fear of persecution and being talked down to like there a child .................
If you have access to more relevant and comprehensive testing, by all means post em up. As far as K&N being a the MOST reputable company, i'll just leave that statement as it is. There are many people that will disagree with you. Just because they make a decent filter that is reusable doesn't mean they build a top notch CAI. If you're one to believe the hype from the manufacturer then you're going to be massively disappointed when you find out what they really gain.

Thirdly, if I want to remind people that the search function works quite well, that's my prerogative since that's my job. I am the search ninja. If you feel like i'm talking down to you like a child, you won't last long here. Wait till Litle and Smirnoff get hold of you.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #26
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
AXIS, has not been negative at all. Just because you've had a "few" cars doesn't make you an expert so please share the other comparisons from other sources. Your statements and your FB avitar pic does tell ALOT. Lmbo
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #27
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
AXIS, has not been negative at all. Just because you've had a "few" cars doesn't make you an expert so please share the other comparisons from other sources. Your statements and your FB avitar pic does tell ALOT. Lmbo
glad you find it necessary to say im calling myself an expert not once did i say that . i can see that you and axis are picked from the same patch very classy to insult my picture also a very classy avitar pic you have ....
ill post the threads when i get home on my computer
Old 05-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #28
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Fantabulous!
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote