Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #15
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
I am wondering if you guys think we will see a Special Edition package or the current ones like Hot Wheels Transformers and Dusk fully integrated within the ZL1 by the final model year of the 5th Gen.
....I don't follow what you mean by an integrated model putting all those editions together, but I do feel there will be a special high performance model issued in the closeout 5th generation model. The H/W and Transformer models are just appearance packages. The ZL1 will see the Carbon Edition possibly, as shown last winter. BUT, there will be a model end closeout of the LS engine family line, and we have a 1LE true performance package now with E/FE4 suspension and ZL1 pieces, so....possibly a hybrid _ _ _ package could be produced using what's already available...throwing in the SEMA H/W hood and wheels from last year. Now, wouldn't that be something....hmmmmm...never say never.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
csmith4153

Drives: 2011 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
Remember the LT4 Camaro SS. Orange and White?
GM did not build that car. It was done by SLP Engineering.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
AK Mike

Drives: 1951 Chevy Pickup 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith4153 View Post
GM did not build that car. It was done by SLP Engineering.
I remember the LT4 Camaro; I drove one. SLP did a 100 of them as I recall. Should be a collector's item if you could find one...
AK Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #18
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4maroboy View Post
yeah for sure. im thinking MY 15. i think GM will go all out with the final year for the 5th gen regarding the ZL1. i think youll see a big horsepower increase, and some bells and whistles added to the car. i honestly dont know if we will ever see a 6th gen ZL1. with the way the economy is, and how hard it is to produce powerful, unefficient cars....you never know. 2015-2016 is a long time away. things can change quick. If they do go ahead with the ZL1 it probably will be even more limited production
But Ford is planning on a new generation of Mustangs in 2015. News leaks so far talk about a major change in design!

Ford is developing faster and pushing Chevy outside the game :(.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
I think 14 is last year for this platform. New model 2015, twin turbo v6
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Ford is developing faster and pushing Chevy outside the game :(.
....hmmmm,....really???? What facts prompt you to make that suggestion? I wouldn't wager any money on that statement....there's quite a bit of secrecy involved with the new product lines about to arrive, if you have any insight please share it with us....