Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
ksspeed

Drives: 2013, Camaro 2LS (BRM)
Any 2LS's pushing FI on stock 2:92s?

I am wanting to see how many of you out there are taking you 2LS to the limit with what you have. I am one of those that bought the car not knowing the disadvantage of having the "weaker" rear end on the car, and wanting to pull out the best results from it. I am working on a 100 shot nos kit for my car, and wanted to see others results reguardless of the type of fi you are using. Us 2LS'rs are in our own catagory in some ways and I would love to hear of some of the positive, and even the not so positive results.
ksspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
The 2LS with it's 2.92s is a little bit of a setback. The diff being weaker is any V6 auto, I was one for about a year. Not having manual mode for shifting can suck but since I had my car tuned I have never used the paddle shifters since. Now here are your plus sides of things your car is about 350 pounds lighter than my 2LT. That means I need to make about 60 more horsepower to run the same ET as you. A 100 shot will make your car a different animal and having the 2.92s with spray can be an advantage on hooking up instead of spinning. Make sure you run PREMIUM fuel and a colder plug for 100 shot and a tune is a MUST!!!! NGK LTR7IX-11 @.040 gap is what a lot of us are running for the 100 shot and above. It is the only colder plug we have right now to choose from. Have fun and be safe on the spray.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
ksspeed

Drives: 2013, Camaro 2LS (BRM)
Thanks man, i actually have done some reseach, not a whole lot, but i found a plug that is a cooler temp and another alternative, after speaking with a couple of our nitrous vendors.its a "Brisk racing" spark plug RR14S, and if i have read right, its a copper strap, this is a little safer on a meltdown condition. I didnt know about the weight difference, good info, thank you.
ksspeed is offline   Reply With Quote