Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #883
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
There's a lot more to them than that.

Read them tonight before bed LOL. Will take you all of 10 mins.

You have a squat rack and at least 12 plates?
I've got a huge pile of 2 1/2 & 5 lbs, will that work?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #884
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Slowmaro View Post
Hey sweet I'm not the only person that lifts here let's talking lifting and stuff lol:p
I'm 6'2, 225lbs. Shooting for 240 at the moment. Dead lift (my favorite) max is 400, trying to add 100 to that gradually lol. I SUCK at benching though, always have:/ hell I barely do my weight on there haha. Any tips for benching more? It feels like I make no progress no matter how much I do it
Yes...

Stop benching...

Train your triceps and back...learn to use the back part of your body to bench...

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #885
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I've got a huge pile of 2 1/2 & 5 lbs, will that work?
LMAO...

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #886
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
A bit off topic, but does anyone here have a gym membership at Lifetime Fitness? If so, is it worth the money? I currently have a membership at a small local gym, but I REALLY like the fact that Lifetime is open 24/7 and it has so many different options
Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #887
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
A bit off topic, but does anyone here have a gym membership at Lifetime Fitness? If so, is it worth the money? I currently have a membership at a small local gym, but I REALLY like the fact that Lifetime is open 24/7 and it has so many different options

I personally don't like the gym atmosphere but I think you should go there around the time you're going to workout and look around, are they socializing or exercising, do the pick things up and put them down, great if it's what your doing. If those around train like you plan on it can be motivational if they don't it could be a downer. It all matters, equipment is equipment, all gyms have it it's the gym goers next to you that can make the difference.

But then, if you are usually one that socializes there then disregard my comments. lol
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #888
Aubrey64

Quote:
I personally don't like the gym atmosphere but I think you should go there around the time you're going to workout and look around, are they socializing or exercising, do the pick things up and put them down, great if it's what your doing. If those around train like you plan on it can be motivational if they don't it could be a downer. It all matters, equipment is equipment, all gyms have it it's the gym goers next to you that can make the difference.

But then, if you are usually one that socializes there then disregard my comments. lol
Yeah, that's actually very true! There are a ton of people that just walk around doing nothing. When I'm at the gym, I just listen to my music, do my workout, and leave. I guess my money is probably better spent on mods than on the $80 a month gym membership fee
Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #889
CFD

Quote:
Yes...

Stop benching...

Train your triceps and back...learn to use the back part of your body to bench...

I agree, usually when progress stops and your training hard, nutrition and rest are adequate it's one of two things, you could be overtraining or the supporting muscles for the lift in question are the problem. Either way stopping and a change up may be the remedy.

I personally have problems with benches specifically, but not exclusively, not from muscle weakness directly but because of life altering injuries,

I am now 6'1", (I started shrinking) @ 180, about this time last year at the same body fat% I was at 170, I was bummed I couldn't bench my body weight for a 1RM. I just couldn't do it. about 3 months ago I changed a couple of exercises, went to close grip benches, flies with lighter weights and bent rows instead of flat benches. After a month those lifts increased steadily. I just checked my 1RM this morning and hit the 200 mark. Perhaps not a lot of weight to some but I got past my sticking point and personally am quite happy about it.

Quote:
LMAO...
All I can hook you up with at the moment is 8 and a bunch of change.

This is what would be at our disposal.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #890
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Yay found an exercise bike on Craigslist and hopefully get it this week.
I'd like to continue the workout I was on (Jamie Eason live fit) but if the dr wants me to work legs 3 times a week that won't cover it. Although I'd be on the bike 5 days a week... Hmmm

Also need to get myself a blender and start making smoothies. Just ate a hot and ready pizza... Now regretting that lol

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #891
CFD

Quote:
Yeah, that's actually very true! There are a ton of people that just walk around doing nothing. When I'm at the gym, I just listen to my music, do my workout, and leave. I guess my money is probably better spent on mods than on the $80 a month gym membership fee
I didn't say don't go to a gym. lol I just meant make sure it fits your needs. I wish I had all the equipment available in a real gym but I have a decent option that is adequate for my needs.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #892
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltuffgirl View Post
Yay found an exercise bike on Craigslist and hopefully get it this week.
I'd like to continue the workout I was on (Jamie Eason live fit) but if the dr wants me to work legs 3 times a week that won't cover it. Although I'd be on the bike 5 days a week... Hmmm

Also need to get myself a blender and start making smoothies. Just ate a hot and ready pizza... Now regretting that lol

What kind of leg work? weight training? if so it can be taxing on the body so allow for adequate recovery time.

DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES!!!! or eat the pizza lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #893
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I am a crappy eater. When I try to eat clean I don't eat crap. Less than 1,000 calories a day. I suck at the food thing!! So I have to throw shakes in or I won't do well. Or nuts... I need nuts

Yea lifting. I do one day of legs now and my knee is sore for two days. Not sure how he's expecting me to do 3 days a week. I think he's nuts.

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #894
Aubrey64

Quote:
I didn't say don't go to a gym. lol I just meant make sure it fits your needs. I wish I had all the equipment available in a real gym but I have a decent option that is adequate for my needs.
No I know what you mean, I have a gym membership now, but its $10 a month, and its a small gym near my house. So I'll probably just end up sticking with that
Old 07-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #895
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltuffgirl View Post
I am a crappy eater. When I try to eat clean I don't eat crap. Less than 1,000 calories a day. I suck at the food thing!! So I have to throw shakes in or I won't do well. Or nuts... I need nuts

Yea lifting. I do one day of legs now and my knee is sore for two days. Not sure how he's expecting me to do 3 days a week. I think he's nuts.

I don't know your size or body composition but 1000 cals is quite low.

DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES !!!!

The only exception is if you utilize Whey Protein, with this you can make lower calorie shakes that are high in protein which is essential for both muscle growth and fat burning. But skip the smoothies, they are too high in sugar content. Even though fruits are healthy sugar is sugar as far as how the body processes it.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #896
CFD

Quote:
No I know what you mean, I have a gym membership now, but its $10 a month, and its a small gym near my house. So I'll probably just end up sticking with that
That's cool, I think a good small gym is far better than a larger one, you can more easily concentrate on the task at hand.