Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #71
wshnonastar

Drives: 2007 Saturn Ion
thanks for makin' my day!

I was just scrolling through my quarantined emails when I happened upon an update from the camaro5 site. I am thoroughly pleased with the updated photos, Dragoneye.
I am putting off packing for a business trip to NE Indiana right now. Thinking about all that cold when it was 80 today in SC....Now that I have those pics, I'm feeling the sunshine traveling with me.
Cool beans!

wshnonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #72
c4nea

Drives: Black 1995 Camaro
nice! the last testing photos i saw were the ones of the mule in australia. they used a lumina ss to cover it up lol. it was in the latest camaro performers magazine. this is much better aside from the cow spots haha.
c4nea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #73
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Something i noticed after looking again... the rear camo.. the duck tail spoiler... they are 2 different sizes.. look at the restraining flap.. one is longer...
I'm curious if, like the Cobalt, two different size spoilers may be offered...one that's truly V8, and another that's smaller as a V6 accessory.
OR, it's an optical illusion, maybe...but I'm guessing not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyj View Post
The car that Ed Welburn is hugging on the first pic that was released, people were complaining for the lack of the rear spoiler ... well look at the wheels on that car and now look at the new photos and find the car with the same wheels parked next to the blue mustang. no spoiler, but the other camaro next to it has one. what's to make of it???
Welcome...er, Fatty :p. What a great thread to post up your first message in, huh? As far as I could tell, and Diarmadhi, too, apparently - They both had spoilers. You are talking about the pic with the two mustangs next to the two Camaro prototypes, right?

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Okay, so I'm admitting it right here, I found these on CZ28.com. Otherwise, I would have made my own. I just didn't have these particular, and almost perfect angles. SO, thanks Cz28.com

But the Vert pic is mine. I put it in there, because - if you look closely, There IS a difference between the concept coupe's spoiler, and the vert's. My opinion is that the prototype uses the 'vert's spoiler, since it seems to have less of a curve than the concept's. ALSO, the "@ss-bra" on this thing seems to be streched tight over the top of the spoiler to the rear window, like plastic-wrap. It gives that flat-top looks to it, cuts off part of the rear window, and along with those C-pillar covers - it dulls the impact that the rear haunches have.

GM does great with Camo, I'll give them that
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #74
fattyj

Drives: 2010 camaro ss coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm curious if, like the Cobalt, two different size spoilers may be offered...one that's truly V8, and another that's smaller as a V6 accessory.
OR, it's an optical illusion, maybe...but I'm guessing not.

Welcome...er, Fatty :p. What a great thread to post up your first message in, huh? As far as I could tell, and Diarmadhi, too, apparently - They both had spoilers. You are talking about the pic with the two mustangs next to the two Camaro prototypes, right?
thanks for the welcome dragoneye... and yeah the pic with the two mustangs and two camaros . i didn't realize diarmadhi commented on it. so i'm guessing that the two inner cars are V-6's and the two outers are V-8's. probably someone trying to be cute to line them up that way, or just trying to drop us a hint.... you never know
fattyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #75
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
thanks for the welcome dragoneye... and yeah the pic with the two mustangs and two camaros . i didn't realize diarmadhi commented on it. so i'm guessing that the two inner cars are V-6's and the two outers are V-8's. probably someone trying to be cute to line them up that way, or just trying to drop us a hint.... you never know
Totally off topic here.

Looks like someone dressed up as the Real F/X Gargoyle this Halloween. LOL I'm assuming that's you in your icon.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #76
fattyj

Drives: 2010 camaro ss coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Totally off topic here.

Looks like someone dressed up as the Real F/X Gargoyle this Halloween. LOL I'm assuming that's you in your icon.
farm boy got jokes...
fattyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #77
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
farm boy got jokes...
Farm boy? I hope we are not trying to be derogatory here...

Next question...why in the world do you think they would have a sticker going across the rear window that says, "left hand drive" ..?????

Because maybe there's another that says, "RIGHT hand drive?"
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #78
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
farm boy got jokes...
Huh? No, seriously, that mask in your icon is the REAL F/X Gargoyle mask.

I know, I dressed up as it to hand out candy this Halloween-

Me and my friend Theresa Halloween night...

Thread Hijack over...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #79
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I disappear for 12 hours and I come back to find a page and a half of new camo shots. Seeing those shots of the concepts below the camo shots proves that the two are indeed nearly identical as promised (well, from what we can see). Its nice to see all the new members and those that haven't been around much posting. Oh, and how many people would have followed those cars while they were driving down the highway? I know I would have
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #80
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I would have followed them until I got lost, just about ran out of gas, and had my wife hitting me over and over saying, "WE HAVE STUFF TO DO!!!" Yeah...I would have followed...and taken as many pictures as I could have.

Very cool outfit/mask Ellwyn, but back on topic!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 AM   #81
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Farm boy? I hope we are not trying to be derogatory here...

Next question...why in the world do you think they would have a sticker going across the rear window that says, "left hand drive" ..?????

Because maybe there's another that says, "RIGHT hand drive?"
I see where you are going but I beleive that this is mandated by Australian law that left hand drive vehicles be labled as such.
Gunner KS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:07 AM   #82
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner KS1 View Post
I see where you are going but I beleive that this is mandated by Australian law that left hand drive vehicles be labled as such.
I concur.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:16 AM   #83
September

Drives: VW Golf
Can I have it in yellow please?! My son would kill me if i got one and it wasnt in yellow with black stripes (yes i know i know - its Bumblebee before anyone points it out!!)
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:33 AM   #84
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
You know what - I like that. They've toned it down a touch, but in all honesty - it couldn't look much closer to the concept, could it?

I'm excited! Want. Now!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote