Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #267
CamaroZ28

Drives: 03 Honda Accord EX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
That sucker looks MEAN!!!!! I'm liking it more and more. Now, when can we order them?
yo where did u get those smileys they r dope{nice}
CamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:27 AM   #268
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post

I said the same thing about my truck today,
A Silverado it just a good Chevy Truck but a Z-71 is the Best

Sorry I have to do that.... My "Z"-71 Offroad is killer JMO...
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroZ28 View Post
yo where did u get those smileys they r dope{nice}
When you reply to someones post, there should be a column of smilies to the right. At the bottom of those there is a blue hyperlink that says [more]. If you click that, you can see all of them. Just copy the link that says it will post the smiley and there ya go!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #269
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
When you reply to someones post, there should be a column of smilies to the right. At the bottom of those there is a blue hyperlink that says [more]. If you click that, you can see all of them. Just copy the link that says it will post the smiley and there ya go!
But if you're just replying in that little box below the thread, you'll have to click 'Advanced' to get to the screen Camarochick's talking about.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #270
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I've always thought 'Z28' had a much better ring to it than 'SS'.

That's why I'd like the 'affordable' V8 to be a Z28...
I take your use of "affordable V-8" to mean the base V-8, correct me if I'm wrong. While I absolutely want to see a new Z/28, I also don't want it to be the "watered down" base V-8! What I really wanted to see (and think is highly unlikely) was a base V-8 around 350 HP, then two other V-8s at 430ish HP and 475+ HP. I don't mind whether SS or Z/28 is the top dog, but I surely want the Z/28 version to have great suspension/handling characteristics to go along with whatever engine they use (more like the 1st gen Z/28s), I don't want every darn base V-8 pumped off the assembly line with a worthless Z/28 emblem on it, Z/28 should mean way more than "base V-8".
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #271
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
But if you're just replying in that little box below the thread, you'll have to click 'Advanced' to get to the screen Camarochick's talking about.
Thanks Dragon, I got a little ahead of myself!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 AM   #272
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
The car looks great, I can't wait.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #273
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
Thanks for the history lesson. My education in the first couple generations is sadly lacking :(.
thats alrit im sure theres plenty of ppl on here who know alot about the 1st gen's me included love the 1st gens
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #274
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
heres a simple test:

how many of you know EXACTLY where the Z28 is from - and those of you that "know", state your knowledge here as to what the Z28 moniker means.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #275
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
heres a simple test:

how many of you know EXACTLY where the Z28 is from - and those of you that "know", state your knowledge here as to what the Z28 moniker means.
Are you asking what the Z and 28 mean in the name? or are you asking if we know what the original car was?

I don't know of any particular meaning behind the alpha-neumeric code, unlike with say the Olds 4-4-2. What I do know is that Z28 was the regular production order that you had to ask for to get the street version of the trans am series race car. It had a 302 cu (5L) small block V8 that was rev happy. The cars also came with a very good suspension setup as well, making them some of the best handling cars of the day.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #276
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
heres a simple test:

...Sorry...just saw the new smiley and had to use it!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:11 AM   #277
WCFB-Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Are you asking what the Z and 28 mean in the name? or are you asking if we know what the original car was?

I don't know of any particular meaning behind the alpha-neumeric code, unlike with say the Olds 4-4-2. What I do know is that Z28 was the regular production order that you had to ask for to get the street version of the trans am series race car. It had a 302 cu (5L) small block V8 that was rev happy. The cars also came with a very good suspension setup as well, making them some of the best handling cars of the day.
the title "Z28" is actually an RPO code.

RPO Z28:

Z28 Special Performance Package; includes 302cid V-8 engine, closed positive ventilation, dual exhaust with deep tone mufflers, special front and rear suspension, heavy-duty radiator and temperature controlled fan, quick ratio steering, 15x6-inch wheels, 7.35x15 nylon red stripe tires, 3.73:1 ratio axle and special paint stripes on hood and rear deck (requires 4-speed close ratio transmission, power brakes, front disc brakes or HD front disc brakes with metallic rear brakes; positraction recommended; Sport Coupe V-8 only) 602 358.10

my dad had a 1969 Z28 from 1969-1970 (had to sell it) - hugger orange with white stripes and a 4spd manual. he loved that car and always hated that he had to give it up.

what sucks is that the "Z28" has stopped meaning anything and is just a badge on the car now to mean "v8". like GT is to mustangs...
Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 AM   #278
WCFB-Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

...Sorry...just saw the new smiley and had to use it!
no worries..hope no one minds that i "jack" the smiley lol...
Old 02-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #279
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
what sucks is that the "Z28" has stopped meaning anything and is just a badge on the car now to mean "v8". like GT is to mustangs...
Well...with the lack of a books worth of V8 choices nowadays...Z28 does still mean something. And you said it; V8. But where it differs from GT, imho...is that Z28 has some honor. As opposed to every car company using some form of 'GT' to denote performace. Z28 is unmistakable.

It means 'move'.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #280
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well...with the lack of a books worth of V8 choices nowadays...Z28 does still mean something. And you said it; V8. But where it differs from GT, imho...is that Z28 has some honor. As opposed to every car company using some form of 'GT' to denote performace. Z28 is unmistakable.

It means 'move'.
The Z/28 name only "has some honor" if they put a package in the car worthy of that honor. How would you feel about a new Camaro with 325 HP and a base car suspension being called Z/28? Sorry, that wouldn't cut it, it needs to be a fairly high HP engine with the complete suspension package (and not necessarily the top dog), etc. to be worthy of the Z/28 name.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote