Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-30-2015, 10:56 PM   #85
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I say do what you want man. You will notice a lot of people in this world talk shit to satisfy themselves. Don't worry too much about it, it should not bother you that strangers are hating on you or your car.

Hell i wish my SS looked like a ZL1, because of the simple fact I LIKE the way it looks over the original SS. Truthfully, i couldnt justify spending +50K on a car i will DD and i can't afford the car to begin with lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:22 PM   #86
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Just to reiterate what everyone else is saying... do whatever the hell you want. My girlfriend is vacationing in Florida with her family right now and told me today "I saw a car just like yours!" She had no idea if it was a 1LS or a Z28, just that it was a black camaro. I'm sure that's true for 90% of the population. Do what you want to your car and forget what anyone else thinks. AS LONG as you don't try to act like or sell the car as if it were a 1LE

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:23 AM   #87
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Honestly, RS, SS, ILE, Z28: 99% of people outside this forum do not know the difference and don't care either. Until I bought my Camaro, I looked at anyone with a loud exhaust with disdain. And even when I finally decided to buy one the only feature that stood out to me was the quad tips but ironically I wanted it on a 4 cylinder. This is to let you know that until people come to this forum very few know anything about these cars or even care. As per mod, mod away but you are only impressing yourself and your close friends. The rest of the world probably wish they had your car just the way it is now. Someone once said something in another post "it is a mass production car" it may rise in value after your great, great grand children are all gone. If you plan on sticking around that far, go ahead. My motto is: it is just a car (a quote from my 7 year old daughter). Keep it clean and drive the living daylight out of it. You only have one life, put the top down and praise him in the sun! hallelujah!!!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:43 AM   #88
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Or there are those like me who don't give a rip about resale value and plan on keeping their car till it is no longer driveable.
Then by all means enjoy your money pit tree beater.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:44 AM   #89
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealer View Post
Honestly, RS, SS, ILE, Z28: 99% of people outside this forum do not know the difference and don't care either. Until I bought my Camaro, I looked at anyone with a loud exhaust with disdain. And even when I finally decided to buy one the only feature that stood out to me was the quad tips but ironically I wanted it on a 4 cylinder. This is to let you know that until people come to this forum very few know anything about these cars or even care. As per mod, mod away but you are only impressing yourself and your close friends. The rest of the world probably wish they had your car just the way it is now. Someone once said something in another post "it is a mass production car" it may rise in value after your great, great grand children are all gone. If you plan on sticking around that far, go ahead. My motto is: it is just a car (a quote from my 7 year old daughter). Keep it clean and drive the living daylight out of it. You only have one life, put the top down and praise him in the sun! hallelujah!!!
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #90
DevilDawgSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I too say do what you like. There has only been one time that I had a problem with what someone did to their car. They took a V6 and changed it and even badged it as a ZL1. That's a poser.

THE Last Post Winner
DevilDawgSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #91
DevilDawgSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bork_bork View Post
The only thing that annoys me is when they apply the emblems too. Also when they try advertising them as something different. ZLRS? WTF is that lol
know someone that did that. Had a custom badge made. RSS Track Edition.

THE Last Post Winner
DevilDawgSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:43 AM   #92
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Do people honestly care?

Honestly, NO. I don't care. The day I get concerned with this kind of stuff will be the day I go to group therapy. Ain't gonna happen. Your car, your choice. As my wife tells me a lot. "Do what you feel".
Old 12-31-2015, 11:49 AM   #93
Houseofhotrods

Drives: 2015 GAZ 1LE/2SS/RS/NPP
Been doing this 'car thing' since the 70's, and one of my earliest Camaro's was a V8 4-speed 1969 Hugger Orange cars with Z/28 emblems. I knew it wasn't didn't sell it as, and didn't care. It was a cool car. Paid 1500 for it and sold it for 2500 at the time. Wish I had it today! A couple years ago had a 6 popper '69 3 on the floor, cherry car that a friend had put a cowl hood and 502 emblems on. THAT was fun to drive around!! I just installed Zl1 rockers and splash guards on my '15 1LE, with a Z/28 Cold Air going on next. All OEM stuff, but none of it changes what I call it, nor should any Z owner get ticked at me. I could call it a "Z/LE" I suppose but not gonna. I just like the mods, and I mod with lots of thought and keep the old parts.
The car is yours, do as you wish - just don't expect to get the mod money back - and in some cases the mods devalue the car to the next buyer, or dealership you trade at. I would assume people were putting Z and SS emblems on since the Camaro came out. Phoneys, clones, posers, whatever you call them, or are called, who really cares. Have some fun, bust some bugs, burn some fuel, meet some cool cats, and enjoy the ride. What else really matters?
Old 12-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #94
idealer

I think I am going to put a Maserati emblem on my 1998 Altima. Come bite me. Now I just have to find OEM Mesarati emblems. Lol people

Last edited by idealer; 12-31-2015 at 01:27 PM.
idealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #95
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
Then by all means enjoy your money pit tree beater.
If you made a good choice to begin with, make thoughtful mod decisions, and aren't locked into chasing whatever is the latest/fastest/quickest/most powerful/has the most features/etc., resale value becomes irrelevant and the occasional mod and maintenance items cheap compared to new car payments. Especially when you can do most of the work yourself.

I've probably spent $8000 on repairs for the oldest car in my sig since I paid the loan for it off about 12 years ago. You can't buy anything that isn't itself going to need work for what that breaks down to (about $55/month). Never mind something equally acceptable (4 doors, decent room and power, and a MT). Anymore, those requirements force you to look at the Chevy SS level, or whatever $46k works out to over . . . how many years?

Happy New Year

Norm
Old 01-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #96
asher628
EXPARTE'

Drives: 14 Camaro 2SS RS
Absolutely no damn business of the haters.
asher628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #97
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
LOL at the people who borrow money to buy a depreciating asset.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #98
idealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
LOL at the people who borrow money to buy a depreciating asset.
Dave Ramsey, what is this truth you speak?