Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
Camo81

Drives: '10 2SS Ylw RS w/ BlkRallys
HELP!! What should I do?!?!

Hey everyone, I was hoping a good car dealer can get back to me about this issue I'm having with my dealer right now, I placed my order in december for a 2LT/RS, about 2 weeks later I changed my mind and switched to the
2SS/RS, what I am just finding out now is my dealer, who was allotted 3 cars and already had filled 2 when I ordered, placed the orders for both of the cars!, instead of changing my order from 2LT to 2SS, he put seprate orders in for both, now he's saying he can't guarantee my 2SS will be built at all!, and I don't want the V6 anymore, my hearts set on the V8.....my main concern is that since they were only allotted 3 cars to begin with, the 2 ahead of me, and the V6 order which originally belonged to me will fill all those spots, so of course they won't build mine!, they say their hands are tied and no one in GM can "change" an order....I find that hard to believe.....can someone please help me!!! This was supposed to be one of the happiest experiences of my life!, I've done nothing but talk and dream about this car since the concept came out......this is tuirning into a nightmare! :(
Camo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Has your "first" order already been pulled? If not, he should still be able to change it no problem...?
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
They can cancel it just as easy as they ordered it. Remind them that if they are not computer smart, they can either have a 6th grader come in and do it for them, or they can call the 1-800 number for dealer support to have it canceled.

Tell the 20 dealers on a camaro forum helped you and you know it can be done.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
CamaroEd

Drives: 2005 GMC Sierra
on the new camaro site the cyber grey and white rally stripes
(Build your own) not on the 2ss but on the 1ss
need to fix the new site
CamaroEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
It is unlikely that the dealer canceled the order because he knows that these cars are hot at the moment and in demand. I'm sure he just placed a second order. What I'm guessing has happend is that your original order has been pre-sold, and that he has no ETA on your 2SS yet.

OR, they already reached the max allocation of Camaro's for that dealership and cannot order any more for a while...?

Good luck!
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
They can cancel it just as easy as they ordered it. Remind them that if they are not computer smart, they can either have a 6th grader come in and do it for them, or they can call the 1-800 number for dealer support to have it canceled.

Tell the 20 dealers on a camaro forum helped you and you know it can be done.
good one Scotty!!!!! LOL
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
Camo81

Drives: '10 2SS Ylw RS w/ BlkRallys
I talked to them and he said they're allotment changed, and there manager has put in for even more V6's.....sounds wishy washy to me, sounds like they saw an oppurtunity to get a dealer car and they're going to take it.....what i don't get is they say V8's are on constraint, but the guy next in line is ordering a V8 and they can somehow manage to get his built irregardless of the situation, so it baffles me that they can't build my V8 before the V6...he keeps going on about manual allocation, Scotty, how does the manual allocation process work?
Camo81 is offline   Reply With Quote