Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #29
ZoomZoom
R6P Owner

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
And there you have it!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
This reminds me of when my wife bought her 2012 Audi Q5. I told the salesman NOT to have the guys wash it AND to leave the plastic on the seats. Well guess what.....they were in the process of washing it and the plastic was taken off the seats. I had to really scrub the seats because of the dirt/grease from techs driving the Q5 in to check everything out. The salesman asked apologized and if the vehicle wasn't so scarce, I would have asked my wife if she wanted to walk. But the whole buying experience from that dealership was one BIG F**K up.

To the OP.....I would go in and raise HELL! Maybe you bought on of those plate holders that slide underneath the front of the car? You would still have a plate, but it can be moved out of the way for shows. And as far as them making you pay the $1500....if it was me, I'd tell them to F**K off and see them in court!! You asked them not to install a front license plate and they did. As someone already pointed out......people don't care, but I think people aren't very smart too!

Let us know what happens please.
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #31
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
On the ZL1 our dealership received the tech performing the PDI was told specifically not to install the front plate. He did not install it.

Then I see the car wash guy installing it. Ugh I yelled at him but by then it was too late. He just thought he was doing the right thing because the tech forgot to install it.

In other words you can ask the manager and service manager and even instruct the tech working on the car, but in the end you cannot control everything in the dealership environment that happens.

Oh yea I was pissed and it was not even my car.

As for your situation, I see it as three choices,
1) take it and live with it (unhappy but you will survive)
2) have the dealer make good on it (my guess is this is not very likely)
3) walk away and pay for refusing the car ( ouch $1,500)
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #32
CurlyQ.Howard

Drives: RX7
Ask the general manager if he's ever seen Marathon Man - where Szell forcibly drills out Babe's teeth. If he has, tell him that as you see it, your ZL1 is Dustin Hoffman's character, Babe, and the tech is Laurence Olivier's character, Szell, and that they have to make your ZL1 right. Best of luck.
CurlyQ.Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #33
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
You cannot order a bumper from GM painted unless it is a over-run blem part (only available at select "outlet-shop" dealers). They are not available at this time. So any cover bought will have to be painted by a shop.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
If your state law requires a front plate then the dealer, by law, must install one. If they told you anything else, they just lied to get you to purchase the car.
I live in a state that requires this. It is not a law the dealership must do this. It is on the operator of the vehicle to insure you plate, tailights, headlights, etc are working.

IF the dealerhsip would have done this to my vette I would have knocked someone out. I am no reminded to call the dealership monday that is taking delivery of mine and remind them not to be retarded.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #35
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
[QUOTE=97SS;5362136]From what I was told by the dealerships, is that it is there responsibility to install the front license, since it is illegal to not run one. Basically, if its not installed and you get a ticket, you can throw it back onto to the dealership, since it was never install. QUOTE]

Nope. Its your car. Dealer has no obligations to put licence plate frame on. That is just dealer B.S.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
To the OP.....I would go in and raise HELL! Maybe you bought on of those plate holders that slide underneath the front of the car? You would still have a plate, but it can be moved out of the way for shows. And as far as them making you pay the $1500....if it was me, I'd tell them to F**K off and see them in court!! You asked them not to install a front license plate and they did. As someone already pointed out......people don't care, but I think people aren't very smart too!

Let us know what happens please.
This.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #37
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

I would walk away. Tell them they broke the contract by not holding up thier end of the deal. They did not supply a car as specified by you.
You have no obligation legally to pay them freight or anything else. In fact, You may have a case for damages caused as result of negligence on their part.
I would order another one the way you want it if it were me.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #38
gmgdave

Drives: 12 ZL1 & 08 Suzuki Boulevard C50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
If your state law requires a front plate then the dealer, by law, must install one. If they told you anything else, they just lied to get you to purchase the car.
This is not a true statement. I have had many dealers noy install the front at my request and it has not been installed. I have a good friend that told the dealer not install it and it was in the purchase and sale. The mount got installed and the dealer replaced the front bumper.
2012 ZL1 - #413 - IOM - Mods; Exhaust Commander. GMG Third Brake Light Pulsar, Tinted Windows, color matched Engine cover, ZL1 Floor Mats
gmgdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #39
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspddmn View Post
Thank you for everyone's input. I can't just walk away from this deal as the dealer I purchased it from would not do a courtesy delivery unless I agreed to pay for the shipping of the vehicle back to them if for some reason I didn't take the car. That's $1500.00. At this point I am going to see if the following is possible:
BS, they did bring you the car you ordered. If I paid 60K I would walk away and you can bet your sweet ass that I would not be paying anybody $1500 for their mistake.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #40
97SS

Drives: 1997 Camaro SS
Quote:
I used to work at a dealership. Cars with a "built in" (i.e. the C5 corvettes) or designated spot i.e. pre-drilled holes from the factory, yes it is the dealers responsibility to put on the license plates. If they do not and the dealer has to "drill" into the bumper thus damaging the original factory appearance, then dealers are refrained from doing so unless at the request of the customer.
Another Camaro5 Member thats like to post assumptions, rather then look up actual facts. It is is legal requirement/responsibility, for the Dealerships to install the factory front license bracket, for the states that require a visible front plate. Just like a dealership cannot sell a vehicle with window tint (State of California), with you signing a disclosure knowing its illegal or removing it. Not saying, it won't happen or the possibility of getting them not to, however, you can hold them responsible - if you do get a ticket. This has happen several of times in the past, with a family friend, who owns a dealership. Each time, he has had to cover the cost of the fix-it ticket. Do you really think Dealerships, would pay there techs, for something not needed? Come on, be real.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5250734_u_...se-plates.html

Quote:
I don't regret my purchase but I specifically asked them not to put it on. .
Again, I feel your pain. It's your option, to live with it. However, keep in mind, when you take delivery of a vehicle. You sign papers stating your satisfication with its condition. Again, to protect the dealership, in regards to dings, scratches etc., that are found afterwards. Of course, on a case by case situation, the dealership can be understanding and grant for it to be fixed. However, legally, they can tell you kick rocks. This is of course, if you have already signed the paperwork, and taken possesion of the car.

Quote:
And no I do not need help. I am reacting like a normal consumer would after paying this much for a car.

Normal? I don't think so. There are whole lot of other things in this world, to worry about, then two small holes for a front license plate. Get real.

Quote:

I am a L.E.O. in California and I disagree. State law does require a front license plate but the dealer is not required by law to put it on.
You wouldn't be the first L.E.O I've met, who didn't know his or her State law's correctly. No hard feelings.
97SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #41
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
It's so infuriating is to give people simple, clear instructions. Then they totally disregard said instructions, or they are incompetent, or both.

Here in VA, we are required to have front plates on the car. But the dealer is not required to put them on. All three Chevy dealers I visited told me they never put front plates on ANY of their sports cars, and from waking the lots that was true, they don't.

You even made it clear what you wanted, then they turn around and to the freaking opposite. I would want a whole knew front end popped onto the front.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #42
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Did you accept sign and accept delivery on car? Tell them to keep it and wait for another. Wouldn't care if it took 6 months or more to get another.

Quote:
Another Camaro5 Member thats like to post assumptions, rather then look up actual facts. It is is legal requirement/responsibility, for the Dealerships to install the factory front license bracket, for the states that require a visible front plate.
Not true in some States.
We lived in Nevada with a front plate requirement but it is not required nor is dealer required to install bracket unless car comes from factory stock with such bracket/attachment hardware.

"If the motor vehicle was not manufactured to include a bracket, device or other contrivance to display and secure a front license plate, and if the manufacturer of the motor vehicle provided no other means or method by which a front license plate may be displayed upon and secured to the motor vehicle: (a) One license plate must be attached to the motor vehicle in the rear; and (b) The other license plate may, at the option of the owner of the vehicle, be attached to the motor vehicle in the front."

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly

Last edited by SSBUSDRVR; 07-29-2012 at 07:52 PM.
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote