Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Question about double clutching

Okay I got a question

When downshifting to a lower gear, is double clutching the best method of preserving transmission life ?

~For example you are in fifth gear, you would push in the clutch, rev the engine to a higher speed (RPM'S) and at the same time or right after you would put it in to forth gear

Now double clutching is:

~For example you are in forth gear, you would push in the clutch, shift to neutral, rev the engine to a higher speed (RPM'S) and at the same time or right after you would put it in to third gear

That easy, Last time I checked, the T6060 is a POS and I would want to preserve trany life as much as possbile

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
heh

Quote:
Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:

Last edited by Muscle Master; 02-05-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Hello, and anyone answer

Quote:

Last edited by Muscle Master; 02-14-2009 at 01:24 PM.