Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #183
Dennyd

Drives: 2010 Fusion Orange
It's amazing and at the same time discouraging. I purchased my car in Oct of 2009 and after experiencing this 1200 rpm problem within 3000 miles after delivery, I sought resolution through this site. I joined this site 14 months ago and after over 9,900 views and over 180 posts GM has not identified a fix for this problem. Hell they haven't even aknowledged a problem. There is no doubt it is a real problem and I've even considered resolution through the Ohio Lemon Law. Don't know about you guys but if my car has a real problem that can not be fixed then it's a LEMON. Jeff if you are listening this is a real problem and a lot of us enthusiests or becoming less and less enthused with GM with each passing day. There is absolutely no reason that Chevy technical staff can not identify and resolve this problemn if they wanted to. It's apparant that they don't have enough interest in a resolution and they believe it will just all go away. It will and when it does it will take a lot of loyal GM customers with it. It is so sad when a simple software change to the Xmission shift points would fix it all. What the hell is wrong with Chevy are they not smart enough to have an awareness that this is a real problem and in todays competitve environment they do not have a lock on the performance car market? Good Luck getting this fixed with no resolution in almost two years there will never be one!!!
Dennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #184
leader11

Drives: 2011 2LS
Found this tidbit doing a search ...
This is getting little exposure, but I want to share it here in case someone has this issue:
We received a bulliten from GM regarding the very issue that I experienced with my own car – DRONE at 38-45 MPH….. I solved mine with putting on aftermarket SLP Loudmouth II mufflers [IMG]http://www.*****************/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]

2011 Camaro Coupe With V6 Engine and Automatic Transmission Built in 2011 – Vibration/Drone Noise 38-45 MPH –
We have received numerous complaints of a vibration or drone type noise on a 2011 V6 Camaro with an automatic transmission when the transmission is in 6th gear, TCC Lock-up, engine RPM approximately 1150-1200 RPM during a slight acceleration. This condition is only occurring on the 2011 Camaro Coupe with the V6 engine and automatic transmission that was built in 2011.
Engineering has been working on the condition and they now know what is causing the complaint and how to correct it. The procedure should be available before the end of the year.
leader11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #185
Dennyd

leader11,
Your news is ecouraging, but, there is always a BUT!! My Camaro is a 2010 and its experienced this problem since new and I've been fighting and tolerating it all along. The guys at GM have to be aware that it is not isolated to just the 2011 model year. Also the problem is not just 6th gear with TCC lockup. It will occue in any gear it is a 1200 rpm problem. Some sort of resonant condition that is ecxcited at the 1200 rev frequency.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #186
ZX14

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by leader11 View Post
Found this tidbit doing a search ...
This is getting little exposure, but I want to share it here in case someone has this issue:
We received a bulliten from GM regarding the very issue that I experienced with my own car – DRONE at 38-45 MPH….. I solved mine with putting on aftermarket SLP Loudmouth II mufflers [IMG]http://www.*****************/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]

2011 Camaro Coupe With V6 Engine and Automatic Transmission Built in 2011 – Vibration/Drone Noise 38-45 MPH –
We have received numerous complaints of a vibration or drone type noise on a 2011 V6 Camaro with an automatic transmission when the transmission is in 6th gear, TCC Lock-up, engine RPM approximately 1150-1200 RPM during a slight acceleration. This condition is only occurring on the 2011 Camaro Coupe with the V6 engine and automatic transmission that was built in 2011.
Engineering has been working on the condition and they now know what is causing the complaint and how to correct it. The procedure should be available before the end of the year.
They know what the problem is now, but we have to wait until the end of the year to find out the fix.
ZX14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #187
Dennyd

The end of what year? 2011 or 2012? If it's 2012 then we have a long stinken wait!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #188
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Any update from Chevrolet Customer Svc, Jeff Morris?
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #189
ACE@GSO

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 1LT
I need to know if there is any resolution to the
Automatic V6 transmission vibration? (only 13K miles)
I'm having the same problem at around 43-46 MPH and
reported it several times to Chevy dealership.
ACE@GSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #190
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
I like how they state it is only for V6/Auto when in fact the vibration/missing feeling happens in the manual transmissions as well. Drive steady speed in third gear at 33 mph and you can feel the engine missing. Same in fourth at 43 and second at 20ish. All of those are at about 2000 to 2200 rpms.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #191
Dr. Mur

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro V6 LT2
Hello all. I have a 2010 Camaro V6 auto with 50,000 miles. Three weeks ago or so I began to notice a vibration when I would get between 40-50 mph and it just began to get worse. At first I thought I may be the gas...another tank later same. I even tried premium unleaded and more of the same. Even on the highway driving between 70-80 mph it began to do the same. Well long story short last Friday I got to a light and heard a thump noinse as I came to a stop...next light when I stopped another thump noise...decided to drive back home...got to a Stop...pressed the gas and nothing all it did was rev up and after like 4-5 seconds gear kicked in and I managed to make it home...mind you the engine light light did not come on and all gages marked everything as normal... I had had enought and called my dealership to bring it in...Riverside Cheverolet in Rome, Ga...tech took it for a drive and could not duplicate what I had described as the issue...I drove to dealership and test drove it along with the tech and at first it was driving fine but once it warmed up good it began to do the vibrating and the thump noise at every stop. This was yesterday. Today, Wed., the service rep calls me and tells me that they have identified the issue with my car...coolant from the radiator has leaked into the engine and transmission and now both have to be rebuilt or replaced with new. He told me they are awaiting word from GM on what to do next and if this is going to be under warranty...

I don't see how this could NOT be under warranty...I will post more when I hear back from the dealership.
Dr. Mur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #192
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mur View Post
Hello all. I have a 2010 Camaro V6 auto with 50,000 miles. Three weeks ago or so I began to notice a vibration when I would get between 40-50 mph and it just began to get worse. At first I thought I may be the gas...another tank later same. I even tried premium unleaded and more of the same. Even on the highway driving between 70-80 mph it began to do the same. Well long story short last Friday I got to a light and heard a thump noinse as I came to a stop...next light when I stopped another thump noise...decided to drive back home...got to a Stop...pressed the gas and nothing all it did was rev up and after like 4-5 seconds gear kicked in and I managed to make it home...mind you the engine light light did not come on and all gages marked everything as normal... I had had enought and called my dealership to bring it in...Riverside Cheverolet in Rome, Ga...tech took it for a drive and could not duplicate what I had described as the issue...I drove to dealership and test drove it along with the tech and at first it was driving fine but once it warmed up good it began to do the vibrating and the thump noise at every stop. This was yesterday. Today, Wed., the service rep calls me and tells me that they have identified the issue with my car...coolant from the radiator has leaked into the engine and transmission and now both have to be rebuilt or replaced with new. He told me they are awaiting word from GM on what to do next and if this is going to be under warranty...

I don't see how this could NOT be under warranty...I will post more when I hear back from the dealership.
This isnt really related to the same issue thats going on in this post.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #193
Fitness

Drives: 2012 Camaro inferno orange metallic
Today's Date 2-20-2012.
I have a 2012 Camaro LS auto V6. Purchase November 5th 2012.. 2nd 2012 Camaro.
I have the SAME FREAKING PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, this Wednesday i will be taking in my car for this problem.
Dealer said last week it's the bushy or something like that.
My car started to shake after it i put in oct 89. after i used up that tank, i went back to 87 and after that the problem began; which is what we all are bitching about..

I will take the car this wed to the dealer and see. If it still does it again, i will take it again and again and apply for lemon law. This is my second 2012 camaro. first was a lemon and now this one seems to be in the same road.

This shouldn't be a normal thing to live with..... Heck no!!! We are in America We all, or some, worked hard for our car's and spend w.e we spend on them!! GM should fix this problem or do something about it!!! I will not rest until something is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #194
SpeedRacerX

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS Camaro
Still taking in my pre-ordered 2010 every 4-6 months reporting this very issue. Dealer can not find any fix in the "system". Fully stock with 44k miles, been having the issue since about a week after taking it home from dealer.

Mysterious document "resource" and 2011 only "solution coming" showed promise...any real updates from owners experiencing issue? Any corrections or fixes?
SpeedRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #195
Dennyd

Wow unbeleivable there hasn't been a single post on this thread since 2/23. Maybe you all have had your car fixed? If so let me in on it since mine is not fixed!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #196
ZX14

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Victory Red
I traded mine for a Corolla and the vibration went away. It made me sick every time I felt the vibration and thinking of what I paid for the car (31K). It was unacceptable to me. My air conditioner compressor went out and it leaked in the rain or washing. I traded it with 4K miles. There was another long post on this problem started by me and it was deleted and I was banned from this site for a month because they said I was a troll. So don't bitch about it too much. I will say it is the best looking car on the road, but 31K car should not have this many problems. I traded it to lower my blood pressure.
ZX14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging