Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Adkins Cease and Desist

This is to notify all that Jonathan Adkins has agreed to cease and desist all automotive repairs with the California Bureau of Automotive Repair. I reached out to the Bureau in defense of our and other parties losses per Jonathan's actions.

It should be known at this juncture: he did not ship parts as promised to multiple customers, has no money to refund the customers either for multiple months, violated our agreement on automotive repairs to my vehicle, caused over $700 worth of damage to my car, apparently decided to perjure himself in a written statement to the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) on terms of our agreement and damage caused to my vehicle, refused to release my car to me by not showing on date of agreed upon return, answering phone calls, texts, etc., has agreed to payment arrangements via assistance from my BAR representative, and never paid me for my sales in anywhere near the fashion agreed upon.

When the car was fortunately recovered he had loosened the rack and pinion bolt that attaches to the frame to less than six full turns. I didn't discover this until I drove my car almost three hours home. I could have died. None of the repairs/upgrades done to the vehicle would have needed him to touch the steering or this bolt specifically.

He literally stole from people, and now is out of business because of it.

I felt this community deserved to know especially.

I want to apologize to all of those who I defended this man's character to. He cost my wife and I several thousands of dollars and I honestly was shocked by the man he turned out to be.

I have proactively reached out to those he wronged long ago letting them know my situation and their options as well. I will be an advocate for them as they know.

Adkins Performance is no more.

Last edited by willyd; 10-24-2011 at 04:50 PM.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Will,

Despite our differences, I want to take a moment to say that I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles with Adkins and the financial losses you have suffered. Also to say thank you for helping STOP this CROOK! Hopefully Mr. Adkins will just crawl under a rock and disappear... and not come up with a new way to scam people...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
You probably could care less what I think, but I do appreciate that you put a stop to this guys BS. I'm sorry to hear about your problems and I hope you can get it all resolved.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
WOW!! and I was sooooo close to give these peoples my CC for a supercharger kit. So glad I decided to stay N/A route.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
willyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You probably could care less what I think, but I do appreciate that you put a stop to this guys BS. I'm sorry to hear about your problems and I hope you can get it all resolved.
The reality is, I do care, and I do appreciate the fact you would take the time to post.

What he did was inexcuseable. I should have realized sooner. My only regret was that I didn't.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
willyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Will,

Despite our differences, I want to take a moment to say that I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles with Adkins and the financial losses you have suffered. Also to say thank you for helping STOP this CROOK! Hopefully Mr. Adkins will just crawl under a rock and disappear... and not come up with a new way to scam people...
Thank you. There are lots of rocks out there...I vote for that route for sure.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
wow, im somewhat surprised. I know we had a few members come in and warn everyone but I thought this time everything would be legit. Im sorry that this happened to those affected, having something stolen from you is a shitty feeling. Hopefully that basterd gets what he deserves
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
The reality is, I do care, and I do appreciate the fact you would take the time to post.

What he did was inexcuseable. I should have realized sooner. My only regret was that I didn't.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
willyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
WOW!! and I was sooooo close to give these peoples my CC for a supercharger kit. So glad I decided to stay N/A route.
Me too. Jonathan would have probably taken the money to pay off previous debts, etc. by the pattern displayed in his actions.

Wise on the N/A route.

Again, my sincere apologies.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
TexasCamaro5
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
So what are you going to do with your car now? Try to get it back to normal as much as possible or send it over to Tracy and see what he can do for you?
TexasCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
willyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamaro5 View Post
So what are you going to do with your car now? Try to get it back to normal as much as possible or send it over to Tracy and see what he can do for you?
It's done performance wise. My wife would have my balls if I did anything else, and I can hardly blame her.

I do have the shorty headers, tune, gauges, Injen intake, tranny cooler with braided stainless steel lines, GM victory red engine cover, and Tracy's oil catch can. So it's not completely stock.

Last edited by willyd; 10-24-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #12
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you helped put him out of business so it doesn't happen to anyone else anymore. Con men can be hard to figure out sometimes until it is too late. Glad you got your car back and can enjoy it.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
willyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you helped put him out of business so it doesn't happen to anyone else anymore. Con men can be hard to figure out sometimes until it is too late. Glad you got your car back and can enjoy it.
My error has generally been erring on the side of hope.

Yeah, it's nice to have it back!

Last edited by willyd; 10-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Will,

+1.
sorry to hear all this. Thanks for reaching out to help other customers who got screwed.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote