Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
exhaust intervention

About three weeks ago my neighbors had an exhaust intervention for me and my wife even threw in with them. Everyone said my MRT v2's were just too loud in the morning and I was waking them and their kids up. Realizing my only chance to make peace I changed them out and put the stock mufflers back on but now it seems like I'm driving a freaking Lexus. I don't even want to get on the gas now cause there is no roar when accelerating. Guess my mileage will be going up.

I cleaned the MRT's up, rebuffed the tips back to mirror and shipped them off to a new home in California.

I feel like a crackhead in rehab! I miss the rush of the exhaust note. How do the NPP's sound on start up? I'm kicking around the idea of a 2014 1SS. Or will that lead to another intervention?

PS: Sorry if you are a crackhead in rehab, I shouldn't make light of a serious situation. Actually, Camaro addiction can probably be worse! So there, I said it! The first step is admission, right? I wished I'd have just moved but I'd really miss my wife!

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Too bad you sold them, I would have told you to F them and keep them on. I think if you installed the Magnaflow resonated x pipe it may have toned it down a little.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Too bad you sold them, I would have told you to F them and keep them on. I think if you installed the Magnaflow resonated x pipe it may have toned it down a little.

It actually would have cut the volume down by about half

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
When I first installed them the house across the street was in foreclosure so nobody was there to wake up and the other neighbors moved in about a year ago. It went from zero kids to four in a hurry. I've seen those women stressed out and it just wasn't right to add to their frustrations. Their husbands are all bigger and younger than me. Plus, I kept envisioning that movie where Farah Faucett beat her sleeping husband with a broom stick.

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Really I have straight pipes and my brother has an open engine on his car. No cats mufflers and resonators on his coupe turbo
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #6
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehead7 View Post
When I first installed them the house across the street was in foreclosure so nobody was there to wake up and the other neighbors moved in about a year ago. It went from zero kids to four in a hurry. I've seen those women stressed out and it just wasn't right to add to their frustrations. Their husbands are all bigger and younger than me. Plus, I kept envisioning that movie where Farah Faucett beat her sleeping husband with a broom stick.

Resonated X-Pipe like lscamaro said it will half the sound and get rid of any lingering rasp. Some people have found it gives it a deeper more appealing tone on takeoff. Personally i woulda ignored everyone and kept them they don't like it they should buy some ear plugs.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #7
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
A option if you had a tune would of been to ask to have the high warm up idle deleted. This is only used to warm up the cats and the car will operate fine without it.

Sent from Galaxy Note 8
Old 06-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #8
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
This is why I've always loved the cut out route. You get the stock sound to keep neighbors happy and when you pull out of the block you can unleash the beast. Even the nicest mufflers for this car will never turn as many heads as cut outs. With my cut outs open most people I drive by turn their head.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
got any vids of the cut out
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
got any vids of the cut out
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote