Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
Black 1LE

Drives: 2014 Black 2 ss rs 1le
seems some people just don't care

I got my car last friday and I told the dealer to only install the front spolier and check the fluids but do no clean.The salesman put the word out and no dealer installed swirls were applied. I followed the product list from CamaroDreams07 and the tips from him and Junkman. I had two spots from the factory that looked like small round smudges were some placed by someones palm.I was able to correct those and the paint was perfect no stratches or swirls.That all ended the today went I went to get the windows tinted. I went out to check on the progress and he sprayed solution all over the outside windows that ran down the door.I told the guy not to wipe down and just leave it and I wash the car later.I repeated this and made it clear do not wide off the car. The guy said that he would not wide the car off. I went to check on the car again and he was doing the template for the back window and there was baby powder all over the back window and the fenders it looked like Al Pacino was about to do lines off my car. He said that this was a part of the process and not to worry. I go back a little later and he is wiping of the powder with some dirty rag.I went off a little bit and told him not to add any more scratches to my once stratch free car.I explained the process I went through to clan my car. From what I could tell on the plus side it seems the tint job looks okay. To me it just seems if someone is going to be in the business of working on other peoples car that would take pride in there work and not create a mess on the clients car.
Black 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #2
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
I understand how you want to keep your car "scratch free", but unfortunately not everyone else out there gets it. Light scratches, etc...are going to happen, no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Especially with a black car, you are going to see the scratches/swirls even more then say a white car.

The powder is part of the process for tinting. It is not a "clean" install, so getting a car back dirty after is expected.

The only way you will ever keep a car completely scratch free is to not drive it and keep it covered.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
I just washed and waxed my car. Less than 10 hours later a bird took a major poo on the car. Though I cleaned the poo off it left a really gnarly halo stain that I cannot remove. I've tried Meguiars 105 but probably need to break out the porters and cable.

Anyway, the point is that while your car is pristine today it won't always be. See if you can get some 105 or 205 on it and touch up the dirty towel marks. And avoid bird poo.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #4
Nicky Pass

Drives: 2014 BRM, 2SS, RS, 1LE
A Porter Cable buffer and and an Adams Polishes kit are essential. I've fixed so many things (swirls, scuffs, etching) that it's paid for itself 1000x!
Nicky Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Unless its a museum piece, and kept in a bubble. Its gonna get scratched. My car is 4 moths old and I can already see things I need to fix. I drive it every day. But guess what? When its clean, everyone still says "holy shit, that's a good looking car" don't stress too much, spend more time being happy you own it then worrying about it 24/7. A little elbow grease and it'll back to near perfect. I'm already ordering things I need to fix problems in the paint from daily use.

Also, last time I was detailing it, a bird took a big shit on the hood, while I was polishing the rear bumper...like really? lol
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post

Anyway, the point is that while your car is pristine today it won't always be.
Hit the nail on the head right there.

I recently had my rim chipped by a tire shop and understand your frustration. But unfortunately that quote is just how it is.

Listen to CD07, he wont steer you wrong. Bust out the polish and portable and see what you can do
Old 05-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #7
husker463

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
I understand how you want to keep your car "scratch free", but unfortunately not everyone else out there gets it. Light scratches, etc...are going to happen, no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Especially with a black car, you are going to see the scratches/swirls even more then say a white car.

The powder is part of the process for tinting. It is not a "clean" install, so getting a car back dirty after is expected.

The only way you will ever keep a car completely scratch free is to not drive it and keep it covered.
I have had 5 vehicles tinted, including my '14, and never had anyone use powder for installing tint...? I do not understand why this is part of the 'process'.. I know all it is for is to make sure the film does not stick, but i see this as more harm than good since the extra pigments in the air caused by the powder can stick on the window/film. I don't understand why they wouldn't just use a soap and water solution. But I digress.
husker463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #8
Sir SHEED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Took my car to get tinted and notice this on my drivers side door after i had washed it. I completely understand what the OP is stating and it is just bad business to treat customers cars this way. so hopefully my detail shop can buff this out.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sir SHEED; 05-25-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: additional information
Sir SHEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #9
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
It's a car, a towel touched it.

If you plan to be that particular you need to do it yourself. That dude tinting does the same task over and over all day/week/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black 1LE View Post
I got my car last friday and I told the dealer to only install the front spolier and check the fluids but do no clean.The salesman put the word out and no dealer installed swirls were applied. I followed the product list from CamaroDreams07 and the tips from him and Junkman. I had two spots from the factory that looked like small round smudges were some placed by someones palm.I was able to correct those and the paint was perfect no stratches or swirls.That all ended the today went I went to get the windows tinted. I went out to check on the progress and he sprayed solution all over the outside windows that ran down the door.I told the guy not to wipe down and just leave it and I wash the car later.I repeated this and made it clear do not wide off the car. The guy said that he would not wide the car off. I went to check on the car again and he was doing the template for the back window and there was baby powder all over the back window and the fenders it looked like Al Pacino was about to do lines off my car. He said that this was a part of the process and not to worry. I go back a little later and he is wiping of the powder with some dirty rag.I went off a little bit and told him not to add any more scratches to my once stratch free car.I explained the process I went through to clan my car. From what I could tell on the plus side it seems the tint job looks okay. To me it just seems if someone is going to be in the business of working on other peoples car that would take pride in there work and not create a mess on the clients car.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote