Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
rdono
Cavallino

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IMO-IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Allow me to remind everyone that the key to the Supercar Coilovers is not the stance of the car. It is not the incredible quality of the coilovers.

What is incredible is the SMOOTH CONTROL. You end up with a race car like suspension that delivers OEM quality ride. This is the Gold Standard for Camaro suspension. There is NOTHING on the market like Pedders Supercar Coilovers or the equal of a Pedders Camaro Justice Package. KingBambino22 is showing off the Best-of-the-Best!

Pete, I notice in the pic that you have a split retaining ring on the sway bar. Why are these not included with the kit? I know Mike told us the bars don't move laterally but we have proven that wrong and now run stops on both front & rear bars.

I also must ask why you do not develop an adjuster extension kit for the rear shocks which could be run to the trunk for easy setting changes? Pedders has a great product and we are very pleased with the special service we received from Mike.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #16
speeD3m0n2010
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Rdno, Mike will install quicks adjustments thru the spare tire compartment. Ask him about it, I'm getting it done next month. Its a PITA trying to get under the car and trying to adjust during break time at Track Days. Hot exhaust pipes vs skin, skin losses everytime.
speeD3m0n2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #17
speeD3m0n2010
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
By the way, this is what Mike did to my car:
Delivery From Jimmie Johnson, DEC 16th 2009.

The day of Pedders Track II, Forgeline 20x10.5, Nitto 295/35/20 on all four corners install on JAN 30th.

24 runs up and down Palomar Mtn (FEB-JUL2010)

Willow Springs May 12th, coming out of turn 6 (can you say what body roll at 83MPH?)

The day before Bonneville 100 @ Salt Flats.

King of the Cage in Lake Eslinore, CA, JULy 10th 2010.

and some HMS GOATS
speeD3m0n2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #18
Camaro427

Drives: 2010 SS2 Camaro
What do you have your strut adjusters set to?
Camaro427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #19
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdono View Post
Pete, I notice in the pic that you have a split retaining ring on the sway bar. Why are these not included with the kit? I know Mike told us the bars don't move laterally but we have proven that wrong and now run stops on both front & rear bars.

I also must ask why you do not develop an adjuster extension kit for the rear shocks which could be run to the trunk for easy setting changes? Pedders has a great product and we are very pleased with the special service we received from Mike.
Mike,

Email Jacie@PeddersUSA.com and she will send you bushes and lateral locks for your rear bar as well as your front bar.

The longer the cable the less feel there is making it harder to get accurate settings. We have experimented with different runs. The goal was to bring them up inside the trunk on either side of the plastic by the trunk latch. No matter how we ran them and secured them we could not feel the detents.

On my personal car I broke the bank for a high quality three foot length of speedometer cable, cut it in half and used the knobs supplied with the coilvers to bring them into the trunk well. At 18" there is still decent feel, not perfect, but decent. Sometimes I have to set them multiple times because I lost the feel and think I may or may not have felt the click.

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-13-2010 at 12:14 AM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #20
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Just get a trunk monkey,
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote