Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #57
richard grimsley
GRIM

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Did any one use the original manifold bolts or did they use the bolts that come with the headers
richard grimsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #58
dswells11

Drives: 2011 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard grimsley View Post
Did any one use the original manifold bolts or did they use the bolts that come with the headers
I didn't receive any extra bolts with mine... So I just used originals
Old 12-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #59
dswells11

Drives: 2011 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard grimsley View Post
Make sure you put some anti-seize on them!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #60
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
I used new ARP bolts from Summit.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #61
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
wish the OP could fix the pictures, would have definitely helped me a bit during my install. nonetheless, me and a friend were able to get it taken care of, and they sound awesome!
Sold: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower, Custom Camshaft, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, 680rw 93/750rw E85, Tuned by CSP
Sold: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:05 AM   #62
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
Anyone here install dyno tech headers.. I plan to do the install myself alone needed some tips on this particular header set up install
RLNTLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #63
THUMOS

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS
Great write up--used it this weekend to help install long tube headers. O2 sensors were easy. PB blast the day before and the day of installation. Also, after doing driver's side header bolts by hand with ratchets and socket, I ran to Walmart for an air ratchet. That may have been the best $18 I ever spent. By hand took me an hour (on the easy side!). Air ratchet took me five minutes. Seriously. Disclaimer: I am not a mechanic by trade or by nature...barely shade-tree certified. Thanks!
THUMOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #64
skulka222

Drives: 2012 M6 Victory Red Camaro ZL1
Is this the same for a ZL1? All im concerned about is torque wrench specifications. Is it the same on a ZL1?

Thanks
skulka222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #65
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Link is broken?
Old 01-14-2017, 06:22 PM   #66
Chuckem12

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS (2SS/RS)
Just finished the SW headers this morning. It took a bit longer than I expected.... (whoever invented those O2 safety strips.....I hate you). Figuring out how to remove the O2 sensor connections, disconnecting/reconnecting the steering link and setting the dip tube were the hardest/most time consuming parts. The actual headers and cats were easy and took about an hour or so of actual work. I did the drop and install with a set of 67" race ramps and there was plenty of space for me to move around. I had an array of tools (hand and powered) but will definitely recommend an 11" ratcheting wrench (the open on one end/ratcheting on the other). It'll make a huge difference with the steering link.

Oh, actually, if you can cut the head off one of the factory manifold bolts and use that as guides it will definitely help in positioning the headers.
Chuckem12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #67
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckem12 View Post
Just finished the SW headers this morning. It took a bit longer than I expected.... (whoever invented those O2 safety strips.....I hate you). Figuring out how to remove the O2 sensor connections, disconnecting/reconnecting the steering link and setting the dip tube were the hardest/most time consuming parts. The actual headers and cats were easy and took about an hour or so of actual work. I did the drop and install with a set of 67" race ramps and there was plenty of space for me to move around. I had an array of tools (hand and powered) but will definitely recommend an 11" ratcheting wrench (the open on one end/ratcheting on the other). It'll make a huge difference with the steering link.

Oh, actually, if you can cut the head off one of the factory manifold bolts and use that as guides it will definitely help in positioning the headers.
I just bought a set of ramps for Xmas and got the car up on them just yesterday. First thing that came to mind was how easy it would be to install headers. After reading the OP needing a full 2 feet, I wondered.
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:42 PM   #68
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
A little over halfway through the install(finishing in the morning) of headers.

with 2" texas speed primaries we did not need to unplug the steering shaft. just had to move the boot. and it gave the extra 1/16th inch that was needed to slide the drivers side.

Also If you have an air ratchet use it and the passenger side will be a breeze. if you don't I suggest sourcing one if possible or getting a flex head ratchet and possibly a flexible extension.

It is also a hell of alot easier if you have a friend when first mounting the headers.

For those of you saying you dont have high enough jackstands, go find some 6 tons you will be able to get the car as high as you want. My fat ass is able to roll over under the car and they are nowhere near extended all the way.

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #69
saluki

One thing I do have a question on is when installing my extra O2 sensor for the AEM AFR gauge where do I need to bring the wire into the car from the engine bay. I haven't looked extensively but do not see a spot yet even thought there has to be one somewhere.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #70
saluki

Ok finished up this morning. My last piece of advice is to loosen up the starter and the dipstick goes in a heck of a lot easier.