Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 05-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
Not necessarily, the stock air box has massive air restrictions. What happens when you suck hot air rapidly? What happens when you are out in the hot sun and point a room temperature fan at yourself? Air that is in rapid circulation becomes cool. Do you really think that just because there is a heat shield it prevents hot air from entering the throttle body. The most effective heatshield would be a heat box from Cold Air Inductions or ADM and those intakes are $500.
Good luck selling it. But when I did my factory air box experiment there was a big difference between cutting a big mouth opening without the Lexan glass heat shield and with it installed, a big difference. So sucking in hot air even in 60 degree temps really kills performance.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
LS2SLOW

Drives: 5th Gen
Never seen this intake before looks very clean under the hood...1 question though...what's holding the actual filter up???...does is rest on the fender or something else?...I guess what I'm getting at is what's preventing the intake tube from resting on the upper radiator hose???....either way looks cool under there with color matching
LS2SLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
These do actually work, obviously a heat shield is a plus but is not needed. The tubing does assist in dissipating the heat. There have been a few post dynos if you search.

There obviously more expensive better options, but for the budget conscious looking for a good bang for the buck, this will do.

Glws op
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The coupler clamps which are 2, are tightened and this intake remains suspended. Trust me it dosen't t budge at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2SLOW View Post
Never seen this intake before looks very clean under the hood...1 question though...what's holding the actual filter up???...does is rest on the fender or something else?...I guess what I'm getting at is what's preventing the intake tube from resting on the upper radiator hose???....either way looks cool under there with color matching
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
SOLD to: MonsterV6
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
MonsterV6

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
SOLD to: MonsterV6

Thanks again!!! cant wait till it arrives!
MonsterV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, intake, rotofab