Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
marcotheepolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS
Boston acoustics

For those with the 2lt, 2ss and so on.. How is the boston sound acoustics stereo system?
marcotheepolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
As far as stock systems go it is pretty good.
I have heard much better aftermarket systems, but for a factory it is great
Old 04-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
They're ok. If you get the subs when you order or buy the bass is good. I need new door speakers since I managed to blow them both so bass sounds bad in the front lol.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
The BA stereo system is actually pretty good. Like most factory stereos it lacks proper bass so the user tends to crank the volume to absurd levels just to feel any sort of thump. This results in severe distortion and causes most users to make the inaccurate assumption that the stereo sucks.

If you get the BA stereo make sure you spend the coin on a quality aftermarket sub and amp. It will keep you from cranking the stereo to distortion levels and leave you smiling at how great it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
first thing right off the bat that blew my mind is how bad the rear deck rattles with the BA. you would think at $43k and knowing the system puts out that much bass, they would do something to alleviate that.
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
It's ok but desperately needs a sub IMO.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
tonysplanb

Drives: 2014 1SS
I have a convertible and I will be ordering something to boost the bottom.
tonysplanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
honor first
MURICA!

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
first thing right off the bat that blew my mind is how bad the rear deck rattles with the BA. you would think at $43k and knowing the system puts out that much bass, they would do something to alleviate that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
It's ok but desperately needs a sub IMO.
i put in my two JL 10s in a slim box, and by doing so, allowed me to turn the bass down below zero on the head unit, therefore not causing the rear speakers to produce any bass, stopping the rattle
AFE Intake, Stainless Power Headers + HFC, BadlanzHPE Electric Cutouts. 315/275 Nittos, Wheels. Debadged, Cosmetic Mods, Sound System, More
honor first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
XxScottxXN
Huge Chevy Fan

Drives: 14' 2SS/RS 1LE built 4/22/14
First thing to do...is pop the cover on the dash speaker and disconnect it!! The stereo sounds 10 times better. Then get the wiring harness from ******** to add an amp and sub. Then you are all set with an excellent sounding system!
XxScottxXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
MaloCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
First thing to do...is pop the cover on the dash speaker and disconnect it!! The stereo sounds 10 times better. Then get the wiring harness from ******** to add an amp and sub. Then you are all set with an excellent sounding system!

I disagree. I prefer the center channel speaker in place. I think the stereo sounds better with it working.

Get a quality sub and amp. It does wonders for reducing distortion resulting in a stereo that just sounds great.

Every person I've personally met that prefers the center speaker disconnected tends to not have a sub and cranks their stereo to the point where it's doing kiting but producing distortion.

I do agree that the center speaker is the first to distort but with a quality sub you can listen to the stereo at volumes that don't distort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
Simple solution... Bose option for 2015 + insulation.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #12
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
I disagree. I prefer the center channel speaker in place. I think the stereo sounds better with it working...
Just FYI, the center speaker isn't a "center channel" speaker as our stereos aren't 5.1.

rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #13
Issh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Summit White
It's the worst premium stereo I've ever heard. My F150 stereo sounds so much better. The BA is mushy. The tweeters are terrible and there's no bass.
Issh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #14
MaloCS

Boston acoustics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
Just FYI, the center speaker isn't a "center channel" speaker as our stereos aren't 5.1.

I understand. The term "center" or "dash" speaker is used frequently on this and many other forums and blogs. Then someone chimes in and corrects the writer for not being technically correct when the flavor of the text was understood by everyone reading it.

So yes, you are correct in your unbridled wisdom. The speaker in the dash is not a "center channel" speaker as understood in a surround sound environment but it is a "center channel" in the sense that it has it's own dedicated channel from the amplifier. It's just not a surround sound center channel.