Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Trans Am / Firebird Concept (pix)

ok I was at the pontiac dealer today looking at the z28 camaro and I asked them about a new trans am. the looked straight at me and said "YES, there will be a new trans am. And the GTO will be coming back in 08 as a GTO with a new body." So it looks like the muscle cars are on a come back. if this is true. hope so.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
its not going to be called trans am though. gm doesnt have the rights to the name any more
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
New Pontiac Firebird???

2009 Firebird

Introduction:

Firebird enthusiasts around the world have been aching for a new Firebird ever since the discontinuation of the Camaro/Firebird twins in 2002. Hopes rise, then fall with each different piece of news. Agonizingly, Camaro fans got their wishes granted with the concrete announcement of the Camaro, eliminating the rumors and speculation surrounding that car. We've heard "Firebird's coming" and "No, there will be no Firebird". The latest news item the Firebird support team points to as evidence of a revival is the registration of the Firebird trademark. Wheather or not that holds merit is not the point. Unlike some others, we happen to believe that there is a business case to be made for the Firebird, if it shares high cost components with it's Camaro sibling. A new Firebird could bring excitement and passion to the Pontiac brand, a real "want" car that was affordable and available. Much like the mission set forth on the current Solstice. That car is accomplishing the goal of the GTO, yet, in small numbers. Pontiac needs a higher volume "want" car. Our Firebird is differentiated from the Camaro well, yet shares the greenhouse, engines and other important components. Something we felt was needed is a different interior, differentiated in the example set by the Solstice/Sky siblings. So here, we present our vision of a future Firebird, melding and blending cues from previous generations and presenting it in a new, way. Completely feasible, and easily doable, we present, the Firebird!

Specs Sheet:

Base Vehicle: Chevy Camaro
Engines, Greenhouse, Platform, Components
Engines: 3900 (3.9) V6 w/242 hp, 5300 5.3L V8 w/303 hp
Note: Various Other Options and Engine Packages
Transmissions: 5 speed manual, 6 speed Automatic
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37381
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1952#post1952

There you go box. Just an idea from GMinsidenews.com
Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
dude man that is a nice ride but me myself i am more of a camaro fan and my dad is a firebird fan. But i guess you can't have it all. But i like it.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Those are some funky headlights there. Looks like a total of 8 lights per side. I like the sides, but that pointy bumper needs some work in my opinion.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #7
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
and the a$$ end is messed up
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #8
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
im not feelin it
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
2011 Trans Am

Hello all, I am a newbie here, I just sold my 95 Trans Am and got a 2004 Acura TL to hold me over until the 5th gen! Im def having hp withdrawls, I wanted to ask you guys if there has been any speculation of there being a 5th Gen TA? The only Camaro's I was a fan of before this are the 60's, the Trans Am has always just looked better to me and if the Camaro looks this good I couldnt imagine what a TA would look like. Im savin my cash right now for the 5th gen but I dont know if I should shoot for the maro or wait out a TA, I would be kickin myself if I got the Maro and then Pontiac dropped a beauty the year after! If it Pontiac in fact did make it and it looked like this I would definately rather get it than the Maro

here is my old TA

Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:48 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Nice lookin TA! There's a thread in here somewhere about the TA. News straight from the source is that you're gonna have to wait and see what happens w/ the sales on the Camaro. Rumors have been spread that if in fact the Camaro sells like crazy, then a possibility exists that GM could have a TA or Firebird built 2 years later (can't recall which name they renewed...one of them can't be built and don't remember which). They said that for now, folks are just going to have to buy a Camaro if they want the musclecar.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241
Old 12-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #11
Jeanius

Thanks Tag, man I dont know if Ill be able to hold out 2 years to get a Firebird, My TL is nice but its not like my TA, maybe Ill get a Camaro and then trade it in for a Bird when it drops. I wonder how many of the enthusiast will be holdin out for the Bird
Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thanks Tag, man I dont know if Ill be able to hold out 2 years to get a Firebird, My TL is nice but its not like my TA, maybe Ill get a Camaro and then trade it in for a Bird when it drops. I wonder how many of the enthusiast will be holdin out for the Bird
I hope you are able to get what you want. I want for Pontiac to re-release the TA/Firebird as well. The more muscle cars the better! It's looking like at least 5 years before anything could happen w/ that, though. That's even IF GM would end up building it.

Even if you end up having to buy a Camaro to satisfy those "GO FAST" needs, remember that GM is going to have to beat out the other two in the hp area. You could easily be looking at 500+ hp for a top of the line Maro! On top of that, it is a beautiful car! You can't go wrong either way!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #13
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
This topic has been covered alot on many other forums.

Here are my thoughts.

IMO, regardless of how well the Camaro sells, the T/A/Firebird would be too close in similarities to the Camaro, and seeing how GM is making inroads to a successful recovery, building a car so similar to one that already exists wouldn't make a lot of sense. Their Pontiac division will, supposedly, have an all-new GTO in the not too distant future.

In the past, it seemed all of GM's divisions had alot of similar vehicles, ie; Camaro/Firebird, Chevelle/GTO, etc., and the idea I think I'm hearing from GM is for each division to offer a specific model for specific purpose, and this would mean, to me, Chevrolet=Camaro, Pontiac=GTO.

Time will tell. I'm happy. My car is back!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
Jeanius

New GTO for what year? Is it a rumor or has it been confirmed?