Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #253
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
If they were functional brake cooling ducts, would you still not like them? The foglights in the Bumblebee picture are just movie props. As myslef and other Z/28 owners have said - "You want foglights and other nicey, nicey stuff? Buy an SS"
I don't know... If you do want the nice stuff I don't see why the Z28 could not offer them as an option. I want the nice stuff along with the POWER.

but thats just me.

Another reason why we should have option everything ontop of the stock muscle.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #254
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
I'm liking the black bowtie with the red out line.

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #255
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
BTW foglights are planned on all models, even the Z if it's made, so please quit with your holier than thou attitude.
What??!! I'm simply asking you for your opinion. How does that make me a bad guy? We are all simply trying to discuss a possible Z/28 package.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #256
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
"You want foglights and other nicey, nicey stuff? Buy an SS"

I was referring to this comment.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #257
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
I don't know... If you do want the nice stuff I don't see why the Z28 could not offer them as an option. I want the nice stuff along with the POWER.

but thats just me.

as of right now it's all speculation and who's to say our Z28 will have a ton of power? it could be what it was back in the 60's a road race setup for the camaro. which doesn't mean power. it means more suspension then power.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #258
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post

but thats just me.

The problem is that the Camaro team did not get the green light to offer a supercharged model from the bean counters. So given that, what can they do to provide us with something? Would you simply want the Z/28 to be a cosmetic package of an SS (which is what I think you are alluding to) or do you want it to be a bit unique under the skin? Keep in mind now that they cannot offer us any additional power than what we have with the current SS.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #259
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
The problem is that the Camaro team did not get the green light to offer a supercharged model from the bean counters. So given that, what can they do to provide us with something? Would you simply want the Z/28 to be a cosmetic package of an SS (which is what I think you are alluding to) or do you want it to be a bit unique under the skin? Keep in mind now that they cannot offer us any additional power than what we have with the current SS.
who's to say they didn't get the green light? and who's to say they didn't. there have been hints to a higher powered camaro. and the people that have been around on this board for a long time now knew that the Z28 wasn't going to be released with the initial line up. at best a year from the first one rolling off the line. at worst 5 years. but to say that. . .it's actually quite wrong. either way to say green light, no green light.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #260
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I was referring to this comment.
Don't take that personally. It's just my opinion. Everyone here has something different to offer this discussion. Truth is, I do associate with guys who actually own real '69 Z/28 Trans AM cars (the real McKoys) and we tend to look at the Z/28 as more of a performance car and the SS as more of a product that combines performance and luxury. That's the way it was in '69. No A/C was available with the solid lifter Camaros from 1967-1970. WHich meant that the Z/28, L78, L89, COPO and ZL1 Camaros got no A/C. It's just a heritage thing bro so chill.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #261
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
who's to say they didn't get the green light? and who's to say they didn't. there have been hints to a higher powered camaro. and the people that have been around on this board for a long time now knew that the Z28 wasn't going to be released with the initial line up. at best a year from the first one rolling off the line. at worst 5 years. but to say that. . .it's actually quite wrong. either way to say green light, no green light.
Let's assume they did get the green light, why wouldn't they simply say it will come at a later time like they have indicated for the 'vert? Doesn't make sense to be so non-definitive unless it was a no-go. Has anyone on the Camaro team been candid regarding the Z/28? No. Why do you think that is so?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #262
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I

http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...ved/index.html
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #263
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupé View Post
That's not conclusive as far as I am concerned. Let's here it from one of the team members. Are we going to get a Z/28 - yes or no? Just a simple question looking for a one word answer from a Team Camaro member.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #264
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

good find
Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #265
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
I'll have to read the ENTIRE thread to even begin an argument. I'd like to chime in on all the threads since Good Monday cam around. That's what I'm calling it. "Good Monday"

Anyway. A little dust has settled. A year from now, We will be doing the same thing. Waiting for a new model anouncement GM isn't done with Camaro, this only the begining. It seemed very short and simple, the unveiling on Monday. Look at how vague and simple all that info was and how it got everyone in an up roar. Execs at GM aren't dumb, they know what we want. Bean counters have nothing to do with it. The Muscle car is not in Jeopardy. The SUV is. Camaro was discountinued due to demand and to usher in the SUV era. Now that the SUV croud has gotten hit hard with Gas prices, GM has to re-tool re-group re-think and re -re all the re's that have to be re'd. There is more than one way to skin a cat. In other words, Sports, Hi-po, Muscle cars can be made to be eco and appealing. While the SUV effiency is still a ways off. Demand for our beloved is over whelming, while SUV plants are getting shut done. This energy thing is to fresh in out minds. Z/28 would have died a short death by plopping it in our laps this early into a new age of energy concerns.

Hey you gus remember that one guy on the Aircraft Carrier on Hunt for Red October? He said "Russians don't take a dump without a plan", well neither does GM.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #266
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

interesting reference, but I do remember it.