Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #29
dkb

Drives: '94 RX7
Don't know where to start ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
You may need to add me to the list of "defectors". I went to a dealer and had a lengthy discussion. They didn't seem well informed on getting one. I gave it a lot of thought..... GM is several years late on the muscle car entry. The car got so heavy they had to make the hood out of aluminum. The engine compartment got so crowded they had to put the battery in the trunk. And the "packages" and tire sizes! What were they thinking? Why so many different sizes and why the ones they selected? Did they look at how much those tires cost to replace? To get an SS you get two different sized tire sizes and can't even rotate them. Want the spoiler on the V6? If so, it's $1450 because you have to take a bunch of other stuff that you may or may not want. Don't want the spoiler on the V8? Too bad - you're taking it anyway. I have driven the chevy trucks with the VCM and don't want anything to do with that - thus no V8 if I want my wife to drive the car (she can't drive a manual tranny). So for this 51 year old man who was REALLY looking forward to the camaro - a camaro that I believe looks better than those of the 60s - I think I'm going to pass. As much as I don't want to do it, it's probably going to be another import. Sorry. I really did want one, but not like this.
I don't know where to start ...

In fact ... I won't ... It makes me too tired.

Why different tire sizes? Why an aluminum hood? Wife can't drive a manual?

PLEASE by a civic ....
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #30
dkb

Drives: '94 RX7
some people are so odd .. or should i say different than me?

I have a customer who's a self-described car guy ... who talked about the RX8 for years ... had it on order forever. We talked about it every time we got together (I have a 3rd gen rx7) and then I saw him a while back and he had taken delivery, driven it for a year and traded it in on an acura because he wasn't getting the advertised mpg that mazda had promised and it pissed him off?

I think they had claimed it would get 27 and he was only getting low 20s!

Who buys a performance car and then trades it in because of 5 MPG?

Who buys a $35,000 car like the new Camaro and gets upset because they won't be able to rotate the tires ...

It boggles my mind.
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #31
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
WELCOME to the site, and I hope you stay (and change your mind about the new Camaro )

You know, although I can agree with some points to a degree, this IS a Camaro site, and I think the majority of people here really like it and I don't think it's unexpected to get some of these reactions. I can see the point about only posting for the first time to show gripes or dislikes about the car and what that looks like, but this community needs to get back to finding mutual respect for everyone.
I am fine with his posting with a couple negative comments, that was NOT bashing. Many of us that have been on this forum for a while, and remember this is a FORUM, have made negative comments about the car and even each other.

The man simply stated a few dislikes and why he may not get a Camaro. Remember all the complaints about no HUD, people said they would cancel and buy something else? The same with the Onstar antanae. The same with ABL. Same thing with CGM, the list goes on. Give the guy a break, He simply stated his thoughts.

I'm with you Radz, welcome to the site, there are alternative ways to get just the options you want on the aftermarket. If you like the Camaro but not some of the options, buy one and build it to your tastes.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #32
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
This might be slightly off topic, but with regards to the battery being in the trunk (I had no idea about that lol) and the space in engine compartment, I was very impressed to see that there is room in there to work around (i could actually see the ground beneath the car). A lot of cars these days have particularity small engine compartments. Look at the late model Honda civic, I saw one in a mall once with the hood popped and stood their scratching my head trying to figure out how they even fit everything in there.

Just my 2cents
Old 03-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #33
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb View Post
I have a customer who's a self-described car guy ... who talked about the RX8 for years ... had it on order forever. We talked about it every time we got together (I have a 3rd gen rx7) and then I saw him a while back and he had taken delivery, driven it for a year and traded it in on an acura because he wasn't getting the advertised mpg that mazda had promised and it pissed him off?

I think they had claimed it would get 27 and he was only getting low 20s!

Who buys a performance car and then trades it in because of 5 MPG?
Well, a lot of folks are getting 14MPG with that car, so I can see his point. I hope that 27MPG number was from the old EPA standards. There's no way an RX8 gets that.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #34
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRed08 View Post
A lot of cars these days have particularity small engine compartments. Look at the late model Honda civic, I saw one in a mall once with the hood popped and stood their scratching my head trying to figure out how they even fit everything in there.
Ha! You aint kiddin mates. You should have seen me installing a cold air intake on mine. It was hysterical. I would have killed for the battery to be in the trunk.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote