Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #43
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangarang View Post
haha nobody has even mentioned the Wii U yet, though not too surprising 'cause Nintendo hasn't done too much in the past couple years. I'm interested in seeing how playing with that controller will be like. I won't be buying the Wii U 'til i try out that controller.

from what I heard about the "new" xbox it will just be an update, which I can agree with because when you look at games like MW3 and Skyrim the graphics are amazing so what's the point in releasing a new console that will make their originals obsolete?
Only downside I see to the new nintendo is that only ONE person per console can use the spiffy touchscreen controller. Kinda dumb if you ask me. But, I could be, and indeed I hope that I am, wrong. I would love for Nintendo to get back into the "big boy" console fight
Old 11-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #44
Bangarang

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SIM w/ Carbon Fiber
I want Nintendo to release a real effin controller finally. Their little classic one that feels like the old SNES one doesn't feel right and some games really don't work well with motion control. Also, the Wii U had better work just as well with a projector cause I'm sick of pointing the wiimote at the floor or ceiling sometimes when I play Skyward Sword.
Bangarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #45
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Both Nintendo and PayStation need to lose the controller for the move games.

As with both of those take the dance games, you do not have to dance. You only have to move the controller in the right direction. More so with the PS icecream cone controller. U can score higher but just focusing on moving it in the right places and not your feet.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #46
Bangarang

Motion gaming is kinda a gimmick to me since I'm more into the hardcore games. I like FPS games and RPGs, which tend not to work well when your jumped around and waving your arms. Every once in a while it works well though. Like the new Zelda! Totally worth $50. Also, party games work well with those kind of peripherals too.

Third party companies just need to stop making the motion part an afterthought and design a game from the ground up if they want to do it.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #47
Ruin
...soon

Drives: 1969 Corvette & 2010 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
The first company to realize that a new system that uses only flash will destroy!
The first company to make a system that functions as well as a high end PC will destroy.

A good portion of my nerd days and $3000 gaming rigs are behind me. My trusty $500 laptop does what I need, and the PS3 hooked up to a 46" HD does the rest.

So... why can't I play more than a 24 person BF3 server? :( I really hate this. But given that the future-Mrs. and I want to buy a dog in a few months... there's no way this is happening.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #48
Bangarang

From what I heard EA claimed they tested up to 32 players on consoles but didn't want to lower the frame rate or texturing in order to achieve it. I know what you're saying, sometimes BF3 seems boring due to the lack of players on the massive maps.