Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #43
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
it is your car, do what you can afford and spend the rest of your money having fun and enjoying your car. When its time for another car you can better know your needs.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #44
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Yes it is boring modding a V6. Look at my car V6 I've modded. I go to the track and only spend 12.03 seconds before the fun is all over. Most of my V8 friends are on the track for more time than me running 12.3 - 12.5. <--- Yes Sheldon that is sarcasm. Have fun with your CAMARO however you want to. After all it is a CAMARO.

Cool video!!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #45
StephenofSD
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2014 2LS A6 "Storm"
People say just upgrade to a v*, and yes this is the best option for the most performance out of a Camaro but if you truly love your V6 like I do mine, just keep it and do what you can to make it yours. Supercharging and Turboing are great instant power choices but they also break the bank haha, if you want to get the most out of your budget many responses on this thread have been good ideas. I am in the same boat as you, no performance mods just a couple of Aesthetic mods and I just 20 minutes ago after reading countless threads, bought a Throttle Controller. May not be "power increase mod" but it takes the lag away and for $180, its a good cost to performance upgrade. That's my opinion but ultimately its obviously up to you to decide but know there is plenty out there for you!!

: happyanim:

Mods
Exterior: Fender Hash Stripes, Z/28 Spoiler
Interior: Led Map Light, Green Led Footwell Lighting
StephenofSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #46
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
If you have that much to dump into mods why not just start with an SS and be done?
Allow me to retort!

2014 1SS =$37,645

I bought my 2014 1LS for $20,190
Added Suspension, exhaust, supercharger, wheels, and some things to make it look nicer. I am still well under 30k and I will put my car up against an SS any day.

Just backing up the OP. Ignore the nay-sayers. Enjoy modding!
Old 02-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #47
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
As I said on the first page, VTC!
Old 02-27-2015, 02:29 PM   #48
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
Allow me to retort!

2014 1SS =$37,645

I bought my 2014 1LS for $20,190
Added Suspension, exhaust, supercharger, wheels, and some things to make it look nicer. I am still well under 30k and I will put my car up against an SS any day.

Just backing up the OP. Ignore the nay-sayers. Enjoy modding!
^^ This.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:17 AM   #49
2Fr3shKicks

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro RS
I started with BBK Intake Axle Back Flowmasters, then I moved on to lowering springs from H&R with the throttle controller. Not able to do much because of the money and time. This is sad story
2Fr3shKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:57 AM   #50
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
The question is not where do you start, it's " How do I stop"?
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #51
SalMonreal

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
^^True
SalMonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #52
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenofSD View Post
People say just upgrade to a v*, and yes this is the best option for the most performance out of a Camaro but if you truly love your V6 like I do mine, just keep it and do what you can to make it yours. Supercharging and Turboing are great instant power choices but they also break the bank haha, if you want to get the most out of your budget many responses on this thread have been good ideas. I am in the same boat as you, no performance mods just a couple of Aesthetic mods and I just 20 minutes ago after reading countless threads, bought a Throttle Controller. May not be "power increase mod" but it takes the lag away and for $180, its a good cost to performance upgrade. That's my opinion but ultimately its obviously up to you to decide but know there is plenty out there for you!!
Hey, i couldn't agree more with the above. Heck i wish i had the money to drop on an SS or a ZL1, but i got my V6 at a great price, and fell in love with it. It's already faster and more bad-@ss than most cars on the road. A few mods like the Vitesse Throttle Controller, CAI, and new exhaust and WOW - this is one awesome car! Now i don't regret not having a V8 anymore - because i am having a heck of a lot of fun with my V6! So just make it yours bro....and don't look back... No regrets!
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:59 AM   #53
BusyB

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Here are some ideas for you fellow 2013-2015 Camaro LFX 3.6L. I have done these over the past 3-4 years and I absolutely love my V6 Camaro, naturally aspirated. Plenty of power to smoke the tires and drive aggressively, plus the V6 weighs roughly 500 lbs less than the SS. You could easily drop another 200 lbs, upgrade to turbos when the price drops, eventually, and have a bad ass V6 Camaro.

1. Cold Air Intake
2. Borla S-Type Mufflers
3. Trifecta Tune
4. Ported Throttle Body - VMAX
5. TB Spacer - Airaid
6. Vitesse Throttle Control
7. UPR Oil Catch Can
8. Strut Tower Brace
9. Hellwig Front Swaybar
10. Hellwig Rear Swaybar
11. LFX Intake Manifold Spacer
12. LFX V6 HighFlow Cat Conv.s
13. LFX Ported Intake Manifold
14. SLP 25% Harmonic Balancer
15. Dimpled Rotors/Performance Pads
16. E3 Spark Plugs
17. X-Pipe
18. Halo LED's
19. 1" Lowering Springs
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:07 AM   #54
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I got a V6 because it was the best financial decision at the time. I'd rather have a brand new V6 car than a 7-8 year old SS with 80K+ miles on it.

I hate buying other people's used crap. Not saying buying a used SS is crap, but there's nothing like that new car smell and knowing that you are the first ever owner of the car.

It's more than just a performance numbers game for me. If it was, I could have the invested the money to upgrade my old 1989 Trans Am GTA 5.7L. And, I'm sure no one could argue with me about how much faster I could be than a 5th gen SS with $18.9K invested into SBC mods or even a late model engine swap.

Anyway, I knew the 6th gens would be right around the corner and they would be one half to one second faster still than the 5th gen SS.

So, I looked more for value and getting the most for my money. The 5th Camaro 1LS V6 6sp manual ticked all of those boxes for me.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #55
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
bought a year old CPO V6 RS.only thing i have done in 4 years is add some rally stripes on the hood and decklid.these are great daily drivers just the way they are.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
performance, upgrades