Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #99
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Top mount on a Camaro would require extensive cowl modifications, unless we went with a smaller 1320 supercharger. At the moment we've shelved the project to focus on the Vortech units.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #100
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
Thanks for offering all different levels of the conversion as well as the relocation kit for people that are waiting to convert...nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #101
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
Yes you can, the steering kit is $179, should solve any issues you've been having with the old kit! http://www.getoverkilled.ca/camarosu...rretrofit.html
thanks for adding the retrofitted parts to your site will.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #102
tazman

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Top mount on a Camaro would require extensive cowl modifications, unless we went with a smaller 1320 supercharger. At the moment we've shelved the project to focus on the Vortech units.
The smaller 1320 supercharger is too small to be a good option?
Old 03-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #103
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Or get the COPO hood; plenty of room under that bad boy!
Old 03-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #104
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
The smaller 1320 supercharger is too small to be a good option?
It'd have to be spun pretty fast to make the boost as its really made for 4-cylinder cars but the prototype done years ago was a 1320 and I got the chance to tune it and drive it in January, it was peppy, but not the brutal quick of a Vortech system.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:07 AM   #105
jimmyp

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
Tuning Options

Quote:
Yes you can, the steering kit is $179, should solve any issues you've been having with the old kit! http://www.getoverkilled.ca/camarosu...rretrofit.html
Is there anywhere on your site to just purchase tuning with HP Tuners for the IPF Kit?
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #106
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
After looking over the retrofit kit, determining what I'd potentially like. Im guessing i could just get the 8 rib set up, quick change pulley, and the rest of components (mounting plates) to make that work. Already have the BOV, maf tube, PS kit, and tuning. Might pick up the bigger intercooler later on.

With that said, how much more boost could I get with the 8 rib setup versus now? I cant remember, which I'll look around as well.

Also, to be honest, im not very keen on sending in my IPF mounting plates at all. Just curious as to why we would have to send them in if the overkill plates are different for the 8 rib set up? I will have an extra plate for the SC and can send that in and possibly pay for the half of the deposit by keeping the block mounting plate. Not bashing or criticizing, just giving my .02.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #107
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
The plates are VERY different than the 8 rib setup because of how it mounts and the tensioner setup

JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #108
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Also, to be honest, im not very keen on sending in my IPF mounting plates at all. Just curious as to why we would have to send them in if the overkill plates are different for the 8 rib set up?
We're basically discounting the price if you trade in the IPF plates, so consider the price with deposit as the full price, rather than thinking of it as the deposit is an extra charge.

jimmyp, yes certainly, on my LLT product page you'll see the HP Tuner suite at $549 including my tuning for the standard suite, I'll extend that to any supercharger tuning for LLT and LFX. I'll add it to the retrofit page this week.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #109
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
The plates are VERY different than the 8 rib setup because of how it mounts and the tensioner setup

Exactly, just makes me wonder why my IPF plates are needed if they are VERY different. just curious.

Quote:
We're basically discounting the price if you trade in the IPF plates, so consider the price with deposit as the full price, rather than thinking of it as the deposit is an extra charge.
yeah thats true. Not trying to be that guy...But if I sent in the SC plate, could i just pay for the block plate I dont send in?
Old 03-13-2017, 02:31 PM   #110
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Exactly, just makes me wonder why my IPF plates are needed if they are VERY different. just curious.

yeah thats true. Not trying to be that guy...But if I sent in the SC plate, could i just pay for the block plate I dont send in?

Oh I gotcha. I thought you were asking why you couldn't use your plates for the kit.

My bad.

JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #111
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Oh I gotcha. I thought you were asking why you couldn't use your plates for the kit.

My bad.

All good I just like keeping my oem parts/ or "OEM" sc kit parts. Not that I think i'll ever need it again. However, I Love my PS kit. No leaks that i've seen.

So, im sure when I get the 8 rib kit it'll be top notch too.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:48 AM   #112
Bigalan7

Drives: 2015 Camaro rs 2lt v6
Smile Supercharged V6 Camaro
Hello
My 2015 Camaro V6 2lt with 9000 miles on it, is in the shop getting a OverKill Supercharger system right now as of 3\16\17 . Should have some dyno numbers and track times soon. This system is top notch and Will and Tracy are great guys to work with. Don't wait for the rush, get your system now and start having fun as I will real soon.
I will keep you all posted and get the details of my car to you all soon.
OK
Thanx
Alan from Florida
Bigalan7 is offline   Reply With Quote