Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-17-2017, 06:08 AM   #113
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I personally visited the shop where the installs are being done and this is a top notch system. Very detailed and clean! Finally, a system that works and is reliable. If I did not have Twin Turbos on my Camaro, this is the system I would purchase. Great Engineering!!
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #114
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
for sure .... gonna love it !!
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #115
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I'm curious why you use shiny hose clamps on black piping. Sure Motorsports has black SS hose clamps...
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #116
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
I'm curious why you use shiny hose clamps on black piping. Sure Motorsports has black SS hose clamps...

That would add like an extra $100-200 to the kit. Those puppies are expensive!

But they look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #117
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Thanks yzark for the suggestion but those clamps won't be sufficient for supercharger use, best to use T-Bolt clamps
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #118
mxfan127

Drives: 2011 S/C CAMARO
Just placed my stage 3 order today can't wait to get it in the car... I do have some questions maybe some of you guys can answer I have BBK full length headers no cats and a Flowmaster axel back system I'd like to finish my exhaust so the question is should I go 3" or is that to big for a V6? The car just don't sound right it's to raspy... any thoughts?
mxfan127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #119
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
magnaflow Resonated X pipe Takes care of the rasp .. i have a similar setup Longtubes, Mahnaflow resonated X, MRTv2 and sounds amazing.. 2.5 is Probly the Biggest you want to go (back preasure) take a peek

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #120
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxfan127 View Post
Just placed my stage 3 order today can't wait to get it in the car... I do have some questions maybe some of you guys can answer I have BBK full length headers no cats and a Flowmaster axel back system I'd like to finish my exhaust so the question is should I go 3" or is that to big for a V6? The car just don't sound right it's to raspy... any thoughts?
I wouldn't go above 2.5 personally. I have BBK's and no cats, MRT V1, just has a lot of drone. Would sound really raspy with 3" imo.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #121
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Do the LLT long tubes have a 3" exit? The LFXs are limited to the 2.5" downpipes on the market, I've casually explored making 3" versions
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #122
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
Do the LLT long tubes have a 3" exit? The LFXs are limited to the 2.5" downpipes on the market, I've casually explored making 3" versions
Just looked on BBK's site and it looks like the header collector to the HFC looks to be 3". The HFC to the cat back i believe is 2.5".
Old 04-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #123
Henry's Clone

Drives: 2014 V6 manual Camaro
VERY MUCH interested in this very topic/purchase. Didn't JantzenOKC upgrade to 3" downpipes for his exhaust (V-band setup?), or am I misunderstood. Also looking to use cats 'if' at all possible. I don't live in an emissions state, but I am something of a tree hugger and wouldn't mind filtering 'some' of my emissions if feasible.
Henry's Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #124
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Clone View Post
VERY MUCH interested in this very topic/purchase. Didn't JantzenOKC upgrade to 3" downpipes for his exhaust (V-band setup?), or am I misunderstood. Also looking to use cats 'if' at all possible. I don't live in an emissions state, but I am something of a tree hugger and wouldn't mind filtering 'some' of my emissions if feasible.
Not familiar with your build, TT correct? I know for us supercharged folks its not good to run HFC's. I haven't seen anything about TT + HFC's. I'm sure someone else can chime in like JantzenOKC.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:37 AM   #125
Henry's Clone

Drives: 2014 V6 manual Camaro
No build, yet. Right now I'm learning all I can and buying supporting mods/parts for what will probably be a supercharger system. I just want to have all my ducks in a row when the time comes to put the extra 'horses under the hood'. I figured a 'complete' 3" exhaust system with high flow ($$$) cats placed towards the back of the exhaust system may work. Then again; it may not. I may be alone on this, but I would think this could be something to consider for those who are on a fence about getting forced induction. Could send a little more business to Kooks, ARH, etc.
Henry's Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #126
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I wouldn't want to run cats with any forced induction. I know it's possible but would definitely hurt flow on a turbo car. Not sure if they would hold up or not.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote