Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
sac130e

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS BRM
Klause Question?

About to stripe and polish/seal my OTHER car and have ? about using Klasse.
After I clay/wash then use Klasse AIO, do I need to wash it again before applying the Klasse SG?
And after applying the SG and waiting 24 hour for cure, Would I be able to apply some wax, or is the SG enough?

Thx

If applying wax after the SG is ok, does it need to be washed again first?

Last edited by sac130e; 02-28-2014 at 04:31 PM.
sac130e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
sac130e

So nobody ever used Klasse before with some insight
Old 02-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #3
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
Klasse sealant? Works great, is a pain to take off
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I have used the SG but not the other, I would suggest using a detail spray and a few clean microfibers to wipe it off, that is what I do. I would suggest layering a wax over it but that is my preference. you could leave it as is but I think it looks better with something layered over it.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post
About to stripe and polish/seal my OTHER car and have ? about using Klasse.
After I clay/wash then use Klasse AIO, do I need to wash it again before applying the Klasse SG?
And after applying the SG and waiting 24 hour for cure, Would I be able to apply some wax, or is the SG enough?

Thx

If applying wax after the SG is ok, does it need to be washed again first?
Quote:
You shouldn't need to, unless you drive it or let it sit outside. If there is a light film of dust on it, you could use a simple detail spray. If the dust is very very very light, just wipe it with a microfiber towel.

If the the car is dirty or heavily dusty, then washing it again is a good idea, but as long as it has been stored indoors, a light wipe down is fine.

Quote:
1 coat of KAIO and 1 coat of SG is going to offer huge levels of protection. However 1 coat of KAIO and 2 coats of SG are even better. Unless you live in a very cool, very humid environment (pacific northwest this time of year) you should be be MORE than okay waiting only 12 hours.

My advice, 1 coat of KAIO - 12 hours - 1 coat of SG - 12 hours - coat 2 of SG...

If you want to put wax on top, to add depth of shine (while it will add more protection in theory, Klasse provides more than enough on its own) just wait until the next time you wash the car.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
Todd@Autopia

A trick I used when I worked with Klasse as a detailer was to pour a little into a spray bottle. Simply mist it onto the surface and buff it over the surface with a microfiber towel. Keep lightly buffing until you feel the surface become very slick, then flip the towel over and buff off. It always worked like a charm for me, was easy-as-pie, and never compromised durability.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
sac130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
You shouldn't need to, unless you drive it or let it sit outside. If there is a light film of dust on it, you could use a simple detail spray. If the dust is very very very light, just wipe it with a microfiber towel.

If the the car is dirty or heavily dusty, then washing it again is a good idea, but as long as it has been stored indoors, a light wipe down is fine.

1 coat of KAIO and 1 coat of SG is going to offer huge levels of protection. However 1 coat of KAIO and 2 coats of SG are even better. Unless you live in a very cool, very humid environment (pacific northwest this time of year) you should be be MORE than okay waiting only 12 hours.

My advice, 1 coat of KAIO - 12 hours - 1 coat of SG - 12 hours - coat 2 of SG...

If you want to put wax on top, to add depth of shine (while it will add more protection in theory, Klasse provides more than enough on its own) just wait until the next time you wash the car.
DO you have to wait 12 hours after the KAIO? Reading reviews online never stated that, was looking at going straight into the SG after the AIO.
I can wait if it really is needed/helps.
Also, a lot of talk about hand applying the AIO and SG. I will be using a PC buffer for at least the AIO, and maybe the SG...thoughts about this?

Thx for the info and help
Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 AM   #8
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
DO you have to wait 12 hours after the KAIO? Reading reviews online never stated that, was looking at going straight into the SG after the AIO.
I can wait if it really is needed/helps.
Also, a lot of talk about hand applying the AIO and SG. I will be using a PC buffer for at least the AIO, and maybe the SG...thoughts about this?

Thx for the info and help
This (waiting 12 hours) was what was told to me years and years ago. I have (when detailing) had to apply SG shortly after the application of KAIO and never had an issue, but if you get some streaking after applying the SG, you might not have waited long enough.

If using a KAIO on a PC, use a polishing pad and speed 3-4. I have done it this way and it works well. For the SG, I prefer the mist and buff-in method, which is easier in my experience then using the PC for application.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
sac130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
This (waiting 12 hours) was what was told to me years and years ago. I have (when detailing) had to apply SG shortly after the application of KAIO and never had an issue, but if you get some streaking after applying the SG, you might not have waited long enough.

If using a KAIO on a PC, use a polishing pad and speed 3-4. I have done it this way and it works well. For the SG, I prefer the mist and buff-in method, which is easier in my experience then using the PC for application.
The misting sounds like a great idea, how much and what did you mix the SG with? Did you spray right onto the car or the mf towel?

Thx again
Old 03-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #10
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
The misting sounds like a great idea, how much and what did you mix the SG with? Did you spray right onto the car or the mf towel?

Thx again
A trick I used when I worked with Klasse was to pour a little into a spray bottle. Simply mist it onto the surface and buff it over the surface with a microfiber towel. Keep lightly buffing until you feel the surface become very slick, then flip the towel over and buff off. It always worked like a charm for me, was easy-as-pie, and never compromised durability.