Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Comparing the Chevrolet Website to Camaro Production

So I can use just about ANY Auto search engine, and find Camaros in a 500 mile radius from the Twin Cities MN. (yes, they are there, I have called)

Going through the Chevrolet website, and using the Vehicle Locator, selecting for No Preference, and All Trims yields exactly 0.

Yes 0.

Going to individual Dealer websites yields in stock vehicles, some with the mark-up already added to the price tag as an "asking price".

And yet Chevrolet tells me…………0.

Yes 0.

Now comparing the inability to search their own freaking inventory, with the inability to produce the vehicle in a manner that they do not need to "Quality Hold" the units on the back side of the line seems to me to point to an inherent and systemic illness running through the company.

While I am excided about the new body style, the continual slip shod way that the company seems to be operating, is not filling me with confidence that they will make it out of any kind of Chapter (insert your favorite number here) reorganization, and become viable in the future.

I would have thought being B-Slapped across the last 6 month period would have changed some "Executive Attitude", but apparently not.

It's my opinion that the first thing that waves a Red Flag is the inability to have your IT services keep up your website, which nowadays is First Point Of Contact for so many. As goes IT, so goes Production. It's an Attitude thing, and I am saddened to see it hasn't changed.

Off the soapbox now.

LabRat

P.S. This is simply my opinion. You, of course, are entitled to yours.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Dude, seriously.... ITS A FIRST RUN... all first runs have issues... AND THEY'RE FIXING THEM... chill out.

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
keepontrukkin

Drives: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I agree about the website. You want to search THEIR inventory to purchase THEIR car and you can't. Seems incredibly incompetent to me.
keepontrukkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
You do realize how horribly buggy Chevy's new site is, right? I wouldn't trust much on there, they still haven't fixed the visual updates for the 'Build Your Own' section.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
gred04

Drives: Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
It's my opinion that the first thing that waves a Red Flag is the inability to have your IT services keep up your website, which nowadays is First Point Of Contact for so many. As goes IT, so goes Production. It's an Attitude thing, and I am saddened to see it hasn't changed.
IT guy myself and have the exact same opinion of the chevy website. Same issue when searching for any Chevy product.

However if you want a real laugh take a look at the Cadillac site. It is so terrible that the chevy/camaro site is a step up big time.

Build your own does not display anything other than the base car no matter what you add. The option packages just say Level 1 or 2 and a price. Nothing about what is in them at all and some are 10k. Of course same searching issues.
gred04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
like others have said chill. But i agree when you go to build your own nothing updates. Thats why i had such a bad time picking stuff. I would have thought GM would have had real life pictures besides an all of them in silver
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
like others have said chill. But i agree when you go to build your own nothing updates. Thats why i had such a bad time picking stuff. I would have thought GM would have had real life pictures besides an all of them in silver
LOL, there is nothing to "chill" about.

I am just making an observation/comparision. (being in the elctronics industry)

But those of you that feel we should "chill" about the forward looking state of GM. Do you own their stock?

If not.........nuff said.

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
LOL, there is nothing to "chill" about.

I am just making an observation/comparision. (being in the elctronics industry)

But those of you that feel we should "chill" about the forward looking state of GM. Do you own their stock?

If not.........nuff said.

LabRat
The whole "chill" attitude is what brings us, as an American society, to accept crappy customer service, crappy workmanship, etc.

If something was broken like that at my company, the IT folks would be staying late every night until it was fixed.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
While I agree it is not the best website in the world, it is not that bad either. I'm not sure what some of you are referring to as to its lack of functionality. When I click to change trim levels, the pic changes. When I choose different colors, the pic changes. When I add stripes or different wheels, the pic changes to reflect that...with the price change to boot. Works great for me. The only thing I noticed was it was a bit sluggish. Are all the options available to choose, no, but not all the options are even available from the factory yet either so how can you expect the website to show these items before they are even finalized and made yet. I don't see the big deal really. Sorry/.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
before we get too upset, maybe we need to look at it in a different light?
IF GM was to post these Camaros as "in stock" or whatnot on the Chevy site, then dealerships would be fielding phone calls left and right as people did a search and all the pre-orders show up on there. Then, they have to spend extra time explaining that 'no, each of those cars that it says I have at my dealership are sold and not "in-stock" cars'.
Not sure, just a possibility that they looked at it with that thought in mind.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
No i dont own stock. and I wouldnt either, over the last 5 years i would have gotten rid of it.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
zzz28zzz

Drives: 2010 Chev Camaro 2SS/RS VR -
Its a buyer's market. Soon after bankruptcy GM will be a good stock to grab on to

Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
zzz28zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Maybe no dealers have cars in stock? With the car as hot as it is, there's not much point for them to be showing up on dealer sites. By now I'm sure all the v6 stock cars are sold. Any other car coming in *should* be a customer ordered car (even though we know that's not the case. So yea, your results reflect what SHOULD be happening at this point.

P.S..... they are there... you just have to know how to find them.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #14
hiway61revisted

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroHutch View Post
Dude, seriously.... ITS A FIRST RUN... all first runs have issues... AND THEY'RE FIXING THEM... chill out.
yes its true it is a first run and from time to time everyone has a problem or two, however chevrolet sold 699,000 camaro's 67-69, why cant they deliver 14,100 in 2009? GM started in 1909, you would think they might have it down by now
hiway61revisted is offline   Reply With Quote